Windows 10: Nearby sharing

Discus and support Nearby sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am attempting to share files between a desktop and laptop using nearby sharing option. Everything seems to function as designed except do not get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobbyDixon, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Nearby sharing

I am attempting to share files between a desktop and laptop using nearby sharing option.

Everything seems to function as designed except do not get a prompt from either computer to accept file transfer.

I see the device I am attempting to share to and when I select it, prompt says waiting for response. Nothing ever shows on receiving computer.

Same problem using either computer to share.

Nearby sharing and Bluetooth turned on, both machines. (Both 1803)

Help! Thanks

:)

BobbyDixon, Feb 6, 2019

2. Nearby Sharing

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

You can try the following procedures in the links below:

Open Settings >> Click on System >> Click on Share experiences >> Turn on the Nearby sharing toggle switch.

Also, Check if is enable Nearby sharing using Action Center:

Open Action Center (Windows key + A).

In the Quick actions section, click the Nearby sharing button.

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Feb 6, 2019
  3. AllanAult Win User
    Nearby Sharing

The problem was there was no switch.

I have fixed the problem by replacing the Bluetooth dongle

Thanks for the help

AllanAult, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Nearby sharing

Greg Carmack - MVP, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Nearby sharing

1. Nearby sharing - Similar Threads - Nearby sharing

2. Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing: Is there a way to share whole folder using Nearby Sharing? Windows Version 1903. Thanks for any help 154022
  3. Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing: Is there a way to share whole folder using Nearby Sharing? Windows Version 1903. Thanks for any help 154022
  4. Sharing a folder using Nearby Sharing

Sharing a folder using Nearby Sharing: Is there a way to share a whole folder using Nearby Sharing? I have Windows 10 version 1903. Thanks for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-a-folder-using-nearby-sharing/4210765e-90a0-4665-907d-8e4a4a16df64
  5. Nearby sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearby sharing: I have a Samsung phone which has nearby sharing too. Is their any way to share files between my laptop and my phone. submitted by /u/xenox9162 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7w26d/nearby_sharing/
  6. Nearby sharing file sharing

Nearby sharing file sharing: I have been trying to get nearby sharing to share files between my two computers. Everything seems to be set as required. When I select the share tab I can see my other computer. I select it and it says the file is being sent but same old messages appears, the computer you...
  7. Windows 10 nearby sharing

Windows 10 nearby sharing: When attempting to share files between my laptop and desktop always get the message "the comuter you are trying to share with did not respond". I am running windows 10, 1903 one both machines....
  8. Does anyone have Nearby Sharing working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone have Nearby Sharing working?: Both of the PC's have Low Energy Bluetooth devices. Both PC's have Nearby Sharing enabled. With the other PC 4 ft away, I can't see it. https://imgur.com/5nxRznl submitted by /u/Mister_Kurtz [link] [comments]...
  9. What are the requirements for Nearby Sharing?

What are the requirements for Nearby Sharing?: My desktop computer has no Bluetooth but is connected to my WiFi router via an Ethernet cable. Why doesn't Nearby Sharing appear in settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-requirements-for-nearby-sharing/7e2bd1b7-63ae-4c1d-8f47-39b48c40de71
  10. Nearby Sharing

Nearby Sharing: I have reviewed most of the older posts and their possible solutions about this problem but none have worked for me. I am posting the same problem in the hope that someone has found a more recent solution. Here is my setup: Both PC and Laptop running v.1903. Both are on the...