Windows 10: Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC

Discus and support Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There are several issues to this problem which may or may not be connected to each other however, it does seem suspicious that they are all related to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pdoth, Apr 13, 2019 at 6:37 AM.

1. pdoth Win User

Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC

There are several issues to this problem which may or may not be connected to each other however, it does seem suspicious that they are all related to my wifi.

1. The wifi icon has disappeared from the tool bar. Only the 'Internet Connected' icon shows
    2. The dual band router only shows up as 2G on my pc but, 5G is working and shows as 2G and 5G on Andriod phone.
    3. The 2G disconnects every time I turn the pc off and then back on or go into sleep mode, then back on.
    4. Despite living in close proximity to many other houses only 2 other wifi network signals show. There used to be at least 6 - 8 before.

I have run the 'normal' tests ranging from SFC, Troubleshooters, renewing drivers, renewing and resetting internet adapters, confirming signal strengths from ISP and pings, deleting and re-installing adapters, virus scans, reset router (several times). No others settings have been changed.

The Network adapter is Ralink RT61 Turbo wireless LAN card with a Realtek PCIe GbE family controller.

Windows 10Pro, v1803, OS-17134.706

:)

2. Shubham_S Win User

Not showing visible/nearby wifi networks and not connecting to them

My windows 10 machine isn't showing nearby visible wifi networks including my home wifi network and other nearby networks . This is causing me a huge trouble because i use my machine in different room's of my house I can't always connect it to the Ethernet
    cable . My other devices devices are showinng the wifi networks ,so that means there is no problem in the wifi network .

Plz help me , cause this is a very serious issue for me , as I'm not able to complete my college assingment due to this problem .

Plz , help me .

3. I see no WI -Fi networks nearby

Krien van Dijke, Apr 13, 2019 at 6:38 AM
  4. Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC

How to hide wifi networks

Hi Adil,

Let’s give this a shot:

Hide A Nearby WiFi Network

You already know the name of the network you want to hide from the list of WiFi networks. Open Command Prompt with administrative rights. Enter the following command, and replace “WiFi network you want to remove” with the name of the network you want to remove
    from the list.

netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WiFi network you want to remove" networktype=infrastructure

Credit:
    https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/hide...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Give it a shot and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Apr 13, 2019 at 6:38 AM
Thema:

Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC

1. Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC - Similar Threads - Nearby WiFi networks

2. Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC: There are several issues to this problem which may or may not be connected to each other however, it does seem suspicious that they are all related to my wifi. 1. The wifi icon has disappeared from the tool bar. Only the 'Internet Connected' icon shows 2. The dual band...
  3. Bluetooth and Nearby Sharing

Bluetooth and Nearby Sharing: I have my Desktop and Notebook paired. This is shown in the Bluetooth and Device settings. The Bluetooth icon in the Action Center of each computer shows Not Connected. Because of this, the send/receive files feature of Bluetooth will not work. After two hours of fiddling...
  4. Nearby sharing

Nearby sharing: I am attempting to share files between a desktop and laptop using nearby sharing option. Everything seems to function as designed except do not get a prompt from either computer to accept file transfer. I see the device I am attempting to share to and when I select it,...
  5. Win 10 drivers OK but no wifi networks displayed

Win 10 drivers OK but no wifi networks displayed: The Windows 10 laptop has working wireless drivers (green signal symbol in "Network Connections", no driver error messages) but if chosen "Connect/Disconnect" no wireless networks are displayed but only the Ethernet connection. Network discovery is 'on', changed drivers and...
  6. Nearby Sharing Not Working

Nearby Sharing Not Working: Hi, and thanks for any help. When I use the "Share" button on a file in File manager, after it says "Looking for new devices" it switches to "Make sure the other device has nearby sharing turned on in the action center", and will not find the PC I'm trying to send to. I...
  7. Why so difficult to connect to another nearby PC via WiFi?

Why so difficult to connect to another nearby PC via WiFi?: Why so difficult to connect to another nearby PC via WiFi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connecting-to-another-pc-laptop/c4f1c234-0fce-456c-89ba-37bbca68e8db
  8. Windows 10 Laptop won’t display WiFi networks

Windows 10 Laptop won’t display WiFi networks: My Aspire V Nitro won’t display Wifi Networks. Despite temporarily disabling all networking devices in device manager, reseting the PC twice, and changing the network properties, nothing has happened to change the situation. I’ve tried to look through other Microsoft Support...
  9. Own PC not showing in Network display

Own PC not showing in Network display: Not a major problem but irritating. I think issue started after installing update 1803. Have 2 pcs - mine & partners. On my pc when looking at the Network it only shows my partner's pc (plus 2 network printers / scanners). On my partner's pc it shows both her pc & mine (plus...
  10. Network Lumia Phone wit PC by WiFi ?

Network Lumia Phone wit PC by WiFi ?: Is it possible to do that to work like with 2 PCs using normal router ? 76744