Windows 10: Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC

Discus and support Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There are several issues to this problem which may or may not be connected to each other however, it does seem suspicious that they are all related to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pdoth, Apr 13, 2019.

1. pdoth Win User

Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC

There are several issues to this problem which may or may not be connected to each other however, it does seem suspicious that they are all related to my wifi.

1. The wifi icon has disappeared from the tool bar. Only the 'Internet Connected' icon shows
    2. The dual band router only shows up as 2G on my pc but, 5G is working and shows as 2G and 5G on Andriod phone.
    3. The 2G disconnects every time I turn the pc off and then back on or go into sleep mode, then back on.
    4. Despite living in close proximity to many other houses only 2 other wifi network signals show. There used to be at least 6 - 8 before.

I have run the 'normal' tests ranging from SFC, Troubleshooters, renewing drivers, renewing and resetting internet adapters, confirming signal strengths from ISP and pings, deleting and re-installing adapters, virus scans, reset router (several times). No others settings have been changed.

The Network adapter is Ralink RT61 Turbo wireless LAN card with a Realtek PCIe GbE family controller.

Windows 10Pro, v1803, OS-17134.706

:)

pdoth, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Shubham_S Win User

Not showing visible/nearby wifi networks and not connecting to them

My windows 10 machine isn't showing nearby visible wifi networks including my home wifi network and other nearby networks . This is causing me a huge trouble because i use my machine in different room's of my house I can't always connect it to the Ethernet
    cable . My other devices devices are showinng the wifi networks ,so that means there is no problem in the wifi network .

Plz help me , cause this is a very serious issue for me , as I'm not able to complete my college assingment due to this problem .

Plz , help me .

Shubham_S, Apr 13, 2019
  3. I see no WI -Fi networks nearby

Krien van Dijke, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC

How to hide wifi networks

Hi Adil,

Let’s give this a shot:

Hide A Nearby WiFi Network

You already know the name of the network you want to hide from the list of WiFi networks. Open Command Prompt with administrative rights. Enter the following command, and replace “WiFi network you want to remove” with the name of the network you want to remove
    from the list.

netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WiFi network you want to remove" networktype=infrastructure

Credit:
    https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/hide...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Give it a shot and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC

1. Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC - Similar Threads - Nearby WiFi networks

2. “No wifi networks are available “ message is displayed even when wifi networks are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “No wifi networks are available “ message is displayed even when wifi networks are...: “No wifi networks are available “. I am not able to access any wifi networks I have tried everything from restarting my pc to reset my networks to updating drivers , installing , uninstalling adapter all these are temporary fixes after sometimes the problem occurs again my pc...
  3. “No wifi networks are available “ message is displayed even when wifi networks are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “No wifi networks are available “ message is displayed even when wifi networks are...: “No wifi networks are available “. I am not able to access any wifi networks I have tried everything from restarting my pc to reset my networks to updating drivers , installing , uninstalling adapter all these are temporary fixes after sometimes the problem occurs again my pc...
  4. WIFI STOPED WOKRING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI STOPED WOKRING: Sir my Wi-Fi stoped working from 2days ago I tried to fix it out but can't able to do it. Here are some information related to it.Device nameDell Inspiron 5558Windows 10 pro I request you to please help me out...
  5. wifi network is not displaying in coomand prompt

wifi network is not displaying in coomand prompt: hi if i check with command prompt by typing netsh wlan show profile in my system its showing me currently connected network apart from that its not showing the remaining wifi networks so please help me with any options or do the needfull...
  6. Display network in "This PC"?

Display network in "This PC"?: Hi, guys, I would like my NAS server (http://192.168.2.112 only) to be displayed in "This PC" under My Devices. Only I forgot how it works again. This one: [ATTACH] displayed right here: [ATTACH] TIA Netzwerk im "Diesen PC" anzeigen lassen?
  7. Windows 10 refusing to displaying wifi networks

Windows 10 refusing to displaying wifi networks: So i've been having some minor issues with windows 10 on my laptop for a while now involving selecting items directly from the taskbar, I try to open a folder by right clicking on file explorer on the taskbar and going up and it tells me "The item you have selected is...
  8. My Display Drivers, Settings, And Network stoped Working And Windows Cannot update neither

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Display Drivers, Settings, And Network stoped Working And Windows Cannot update neither: My Display Drivers Won’t open, i read an article that said uninstall it then reinstall it or either update it so i uninstalled it and can not reinstall it then my settings display and audio tab won’t open my network status is blank and its not even letting me check my storage...
  9. Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Nearby WiFi networks have stoped Displaying on PC: There are several issues to this problem which may or may not be connected to each other however, it does seem suspicious that they are all related to my wifi. 1. The wifi icon has disappeared from the tool bar. Only the 'Internet Connected' icon shows 2. The dual band...
  10. Why so difficult to connect to another nearby PC via WiFi?

Why so difficult to connect to another nearby PC via WiFi?: Why so difficult to connect to another nearby PC via WiFi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connecting-to-another-pc-laptop/c4f1c234-0fce-456c-89ba-37bbca68e8db