Windows 10: Nearly every program crashes immediately after opening since my game crashed. (and again on...

Discus and support Nearly every program crashes immediately after opening since my game crashed. (and again on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This problem is driving me crazy and I can't seem to find a solution anywhere! On my computer (i7 7700K GTX1080ti 64gb DDR4) a couple days ago I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RR--, Apr 10, 2021.

1. /u/RR-- Win User

Nearly every program crashes immediately after opening since my game crashed. (and again on...

This problem is driving me crazy and I can't seem to find a solution anywhere!

On my computer (i7 7700K GTX1080ti 64gb DDR4) a couple days ago I was playing a game (Apex Legends on Steam) and it froze, up popped an Adobe creative cloud updater message saying it had crashed.

Since that happened nearly every program on my computer immediately crashes after opening it. This persists after restarting my computer multiple times.

Steam and Chrome seem to be the exceptions but games in Steam also immediately crash when loading them.

I couldn't find any solutions anywhere so I assumed it might have been caused from my fairly new SSD and the fact I cloned it from another SSD around a month ago, so I completely reinstalled Windows 10 and reinstalled every single program after formatting my SSD.

Today was a day off for me so I was playing some more games again, it was working fine for the entire day but tonight the same exact thing happened, the game crashed, the adobe crash pop up came on the screen and now even after restarting my computer every program crashes immediately after opening it. This is on a totally fresh install of Windows 10.

Some people online said to reset the PC or revert to an older point with system restore but I can't do any of that either because they just immediately crash too.

Interestingly programs don't crash when my computer is in safe mode, though you can't use system restore when in safe mode for some dumb reason.

Programs that immediately crash: Photoshop, Premiere, Audition, Microsoft Edge, all games, Rockstar Games Launcher, system restore, Malwarebytes.

Programs that don't crash: Chrome, Steam, Word, Origin, iTunes, Affinity Photo, Firefox, Whatsapp, Microsoft Store.

Any help would be very much appreciated, I can't just keep reinstalling windows every day but I'll need this computer for work soon.

submitted by /u/RR--
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RR--, Apr 10, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 10, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 10, 2021
  4. RoyWalton Win User

Nearly every program crashes immediately after opening since my game crashed. (and again on...

Microsoft Health crashes immediately to home screen on Lumia Icon

I recently factory reset my Lumia Icon, so it is running a clean 8.10.14219.341 build. However, now when I start the Microsoft Health app, it crashes immediately to the home screen. I have tried uninstalling
    and reinstalling the app multiple times, resetting (or not resetting) the phone after each step, but with no luck. Unfortunately, this means my Band (v1) is nearly useless. Any suggestions?

RoyWalton, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Nearly every program crashes immediately after opening since my game crashed. (and again on... - Similar Threads - Nearly every program

2. Nearly all of my games crash on opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nearly all of my games crash on opening: Hello,This is a semi re-post. But I have more information now so I hope it helps get me an answer.Almost every game I open crashes my computer. If I happen to get it open, there's no guarantee it stays open while I play. Good chance it crashes in the middle of me playing....
  3. Nearly all of my games crash on opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nearly all of my games crash on opening: Hello,This is a semi re-post. But I have more information now so I hope it helps get me an answer.Almost every game I open crashes my computer. If I happen to get it open, there's no guarantee it stays open while I play. Good chance it crashes in the middle of me playing....
  4. Command prompt crashing immediately after opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt crashing immediately after opening: Hi, Command prompt closes immediately after I open it. This only started recently after the instalation of miniconda and VScode. I've uninstalled both of those to try to isolate the problem, but command prompt still crashes upon opening. Powershell still works. Command prompt...
  5. Program crashed and now some programs close immediately on opening

Program crashed and now some programs close immediately on opening: Hi AllBit of a strange one.My Adobe Indesign crashed, and then refused to open every time I have tried afterwards. The splash window appears, and after a few seconds, disappears.This isn't the only program it affects, with Terminal, Thunderbird, Slack, and Aeomi Backupper...
  6. Windows programs open and crash almost immediately after opening.

Windows programs open and crash almost immediately after opening.: I have been trying to find a solution to this problem for a while now. Here are some of the problems since I don't really know the correct terms to describe this concisely.Search bar has a loading icon and then just crashesIf I try to open anything from Windows settings it...
  7. Programs and games crashing after lagging

Programs and games crashing after lagging: Hello, every time I'm playing a game or running a program if there's a slight lag spike not internet my game instantly crashes, i have no idea what to do.....
  8. Command prompt crashes immediately after opening

Command prompt crashes immediately after opening: When I run command prompt whether directly or by running it as an administrator, it opens and closes immediately, I have made windows upgrade by downloading the tool from Microsoft website, and I have chosen to keep my files and settings. The problem persisted. How can I...
  9. 3D paint crashes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D paint crashes immediately after opening: ok first 3d paint was working normally, however one day I was working on paint (the old one) I thought of clicking the 3d paint logo in the tool bar suddenly it open and crashed without any reason, from that time every time I try to open 3d paint it crashes without giving a...
  10. PC is crashing nearly every 30min

PC is crashing nearly every 30min: My PC is crashing nearly every 30min but Bluescreenview has only showed a problem with an USB driver which I already updated and now Bluescreenview doesnt log anymore Bluescreens but my System is still crashing. My PC is Overclocked and has a 750w power supply. I already...