Windows 10: Need 2TB of cheap cloud storage for my Veritas System Recovery backup

Discus and support Need 2TB of cheap cloud storage for my Veritas System Recovery backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I use Veritas System Recovery 18 to backup up the drives on my Win 10 system. I have incremental and full backup jobs for several drives that run at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dmcmillen, Oct 9, 2020.

1. dmcmillen Win User

Need 2TB of cheap cloud storage for my Veritas System Recovery backup

I use Veritas System Recovery 18 to backup up the drives on my Win 10 system. I have incremental and full backup jobs for several drives that run at various times during the day. Right now I backup to an internal drive and to a usb attached sata drive. I would like to also backup up to an offsite cloud location. I looked at iDrive which has some really good prices but you must use their backup software. I can upgrade my Dropbox account but that is expensive for 2TB. The Veritas offsite copy can be a Folder, Network Path, FTP address, or an OpenStorage location.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a cheaper solution. I'm looking for something in the $60 to $70/year, if possible. Thanks.

:)

dmcmillen, Oct 9, 2020
  2. techguy31 Win User

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Can I save the system backup on the cloud?

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I understand you wish to create a system backup and save it to the cloud storage drive. Please be informed that you cannot run a system image to OneDrive directly, but you can upload a copy of the backup folder. As OneDrive provides an upload limit
    of 10 GB, you may check the file size before attempting the upload. You may download the file in future to use it as a recovery disc. Refer the below link for details on OneDrive cloud storage.

https://blog.onedrive.com/onedrive-now-supports-10-gb-files/

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Data backup and recovery help thread

We get heaps of threads on this, so lets make a nice organised list of programs people can use for backing up, restoring, and recovering data.

For a quick start to this, some pointers.

1. If you formatted a drive and did NOT write to it, recovery is possible. If you installed any data over it (such as windows, or copying files to it) then you need to restore a backup, or accept that you will have lost some, most, or all of your data.

2. Backups are not perfect - for example, a virus that killed your machine could also be in your backup. try and backup your important data first, not your operating system and useless files - and store it in more than one place if possible (for example, an external hard drive AND on DVD)

Now to the programs:

Free Data recovery software
    Piriform Recuva - Highly recommended by TPU users, myself included.

The following were listed by 95viper in another thread, i dont know if he's reccomending them or just listed them.
    Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier A nice one.*Smile Need 2TB of cheap cloud storage for my Veritas System Recovery backup :)
    UNDELETE 360
    Free File Recovery 1.1
    Glary Undelete
    UndeletePlus[/QUOTE]

Paid Data recovery software

Free backup/restore software

Paid backup/restore software
    Acronis True Image Home
    Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 2011 (Paid)[/QUOTE]

please people, help me fill in the blanks so i can request this to get stickied. *Smile Need 2TB of cheap cloud storage for my Veritas System Recovery backup :)

Mussels, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Need 2TB of cheap cloud storage for my Veritas System Recovery backup - Similar Threads - Need 2TB cheap

2. Backup Exec from Veritas not able to perform a GRT backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Exec from Veritas not able to perform a GRT backup: I've been going round and round with Veritas on why a Hyper-V Gen2 VHDX backended server cannot be backed up for GRT restores. For the last 5 weeks they've had me running logs to try to figure out why. All other virtual machines backup properly as well as the Hyper-V server...
  3. Backup Exec from Veritas not able to perform a GRT backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Exec from Veritas not able to perform a GRT backup: I've been going round and round with Veritas on why a Hyper-V Gen2 VHDX backended server cannot be backed up for GRT restores. For the last 5 weeks they've had me running logs to try to figure out why. All other virtual machines backup properly as well as the Hyper-V server...
  4. Veritas

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Veritas: What happened to a young mans antibody test from March of 2020? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/veritas/027466fa-a643-42a4-aee2-dd223c1baf64
  5. Windows Storage Space vs. Backup/Filesystem/System image recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Storage Space vs. Backup/Filesystem/System image recovery: Hi there, Couldn't find the exact info, so I'll ask here. -- Background -- I wanted to set RAID1 on 2 hard drives in my local machine, but due to chipset limitations I'd also have to replace AHCI headers with RAID0 on my current hard drives, what would most probably...
  6. 2tb Hdd is failing need to backup data ASAP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2tb Hdd is failing need to backup data ASAP: As title says, My 2 TB is around 7 years old i think. Recently my computer has slowed to an extreme crawl despite multiple checkdisk repairs, fresh windows installs. Now its become apparent the hdd is dying. I have 6 years worth of important data, which amounts to roughly 1.2...
  7. cloud storage

cloud storage: I have saved my documents onto a cloud from my Android Samsung Galaxy S9 phone. Can I get access to my documents on my Cloud storage using my Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-storage/628faa21-e24b-48c6-b1fc-6cc41c95cc8d
  8. need backup and recovery help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need backup and recovery help: I want to reinstall my oswindows 10.and I have some very big software like each are 3-4 gb. so is there any way to backup them and recover after reinstallation the windows.plz help me to take backup the installed software because now I don't have that much data to download...
  9. Cloud Storage

Cloud Storage: Recently my computer died, with a considerable amount of data in the cloud! On replacing said computer, I have used backups to get some of the data back. But, the new cloud access (peter/onedrive) is different from the old one (pjesOnedrive (still there)) and my everyday...
  10. *Alert* Fake Cheap 2TB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    *Alert* Fake Cheap 2TB Flash Drives: Don't even think of buying a 2TB flash drive for under $2,000. There are cheap fake 2TB thumb drives being offered on the internet with spoofed controllers. Watch theis video from Gamers Nexus and here what Steve Burke say's. Kix3JKn08OU Published on Feb 25, 2017...