Windows 10: Need a BAT file for removal of CHECK MARKS on W10 desktop ICONS

Discus and support Need a BAT file for removal of CHECK MARKS on W10 desktop ICONS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Help, Need a BAT file for removal of CHECK MARKS on W10 desktop ICONS. Is a Bat File available from this forum? Sorry, new to forum, did not know I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klxdrt10, Apr 26, 2020.

1. klxdrt10 Win User

Need a BAT file for removal of CHECK MARKS on W10 desktop ICONS

Help,

Need a BAT file for removal of CHECK MARKS on W10 desktop ICONS.

Is a Bat File available from this forum?

Sorry, new to forum, did not know I needed Ver # every time I logged in. Included in a previous login & though the forum cross referenced from my Login & Password entries. Will write my W10 ver# on masking tape stuck to my laptop for future access.

Also I notice posts are "auto saved", how do I retrieve them?

:)

klxdrt10, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Error 404 Win User

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Need a BAT file for removal of CHECK MARKS on W10 desktop ICONS :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Need a BAT file for removal of CHECK MARKS on W10 desktop ICONS - Similar Threads - Need BAT file

2. How to remove Green Check Marks on Desktop Icons in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Green Check Marks on Desktop Icons in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some of you have seen green check marks on your desktop files, folders, and some icons. These check marks appear at the bottom left side of files, folders, and shortcut icons placed on the desktop. Don’t get confused with the little green arrows that appear on the...
  3. My desktop icons have check marks and red x's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop icons have check marks and red x's: How can i removed the red x in my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-have-check-marks-and-red-xs/7041e9d9-a2b1-4e73-898d-d7914fe0e910
  4. My desktop icons have check marks and red x's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop icons have check marks and red x's: How can i removed the red x in my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-have-check-marks-and-red-xs/7041e9d9-a2b1-4e73-898d-d7914fe0e910
  5. My desktop icons have check marks and red x's

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Desktop icons display other program icons in place of OneDrive check marks and Shortcut icons

Desktop icons display other program icons in place of OneDrive check marks and Shortcut icons: Hi all, I had an issue that seemed to resolve itself, but I still wanted some clarification in case anyone has experienced this before. I'm on Windows 10, version 21H2, on an HP Envy laptop. Just a few minutes ago I noticed that many, if not all, of my desktop icons -...
  7. Green check marks on desktop icons after updating your software.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Green check marks on desktop icons after updating your software.: You can turn off your Cloud Drive and it will stop syncing your files online. Then the check boxes will be gone.Just go to your control panel, right click the cloud icon for Cloud Drive then stop syncing....
  8. Green Check Marks on Icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green Check Marks on Icons?: Microsoft advised to run cfs from dos. Did nothing. wish I would have looked here first. I didn't ask for backup. Did it on its own. Microsoft ownes our asses. Maybe switch to Apple?...
  9. X Mark on Desktop Icons

X Mark on Desktop Icons: I recently noticed that I have x marks on the lower left of all my desktop icons. If I logoff and logon they disappear...until I add another icon. They then all come back. Have been searching for a solution. Any help appreciated. 115685
  10. Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer: Hi, Does anyone know if one can remove the green check marks in file explorer that indicate that a file is synced on OneDrive? If one is using list, details or small icon view, there is no way to visually see the file type. Thanks, Paul 33068