Windows 10: Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows

Discus and support Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; See, I want to do a clean reinstall of Windows on my laptop. My laptop has two storage devices, a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Windows is installed on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Legoeggolas, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows

See, I want to do a clean reinstall of Windows on my laptop. My laptop has two storage devices, a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Windows is installed on the SSD. My question is, if I select the [Clean Install] option for reinstalling Windows from an Installation Media, will it format the HDD?

The What happens to data stored in other folders or drives bit has been pretty confusing.

Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows f4fdd43d-9678-4738-9454-71f004532eb8?upload=true.png

:)

Legoeggolas, Mar 22, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

BST forum rule clarification

Just for the record, I only suggested the clarification because suggesting everyone has a basic grasp of english simply is not true.

R-T-B, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Anish Vel Win User
    Clarification regarding network mapped drives

The MFC application we have is 32 bit application.And the OS which is not listing the network mapped drive is windows 10 pro(32 bit).

Please revert me for further clarification required.

Anish Vel, Mar 22, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows

1. Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows - Similar Threads - Need Bit Clarification

2. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...
  3. Stuttering audio, need clarification of recent posts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuttering audio, need clarification of recent posts: Image shows profile of my older PC. Recent upgrade to Win10pro seemed to bring on severe audio stuttering. Whether from sound file on disc or from Web. I use only Bluetooth audio. Headphones and a n Oontz Angle. I am truly "snowed" by the audio jargon. I know my way around...
  4. Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification: I need to understand what restrictions apply to an OEM license on a purchased computer. I can see that it is for one computer only and locked to the motherboard or a computer configuration. What kinds of changes to the system would or would not invalidate the OEM license?...
  5. Need clarification for Windows Age restriction

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need clarification for Windows Age restriction: I am setting up Child account in Windows. I selected 'Allowed apps and games for 12 years Old' [ATTACH] I was expected they will show me all Apps / Games under the age 12 but while I checked it shows me allowed items as 12 years and up. I don't understand why do they...
  6. Need some clarification about WSUS server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some clarification about WSUS server: After reading lots of articles I need still clarification about some basic facts: At first: There is a "normal" built-in Windows Updates service available in ALL Win10 versions. Beside this "basic" update mechanism there is a so called "WSUS" service. This is a separate...
  7. Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender: Hi All, I was looking into the MPlogs of Windows Defender & I came across this events:- 2019-11-14T08:57:40.258Z [Mini-filter] Unsuccessful scan status: \Drive\sap\dev_krnlreg. Process: (unknown), Status: 0xc000004b, State: 0, ScanRequest #1669368, FileId:...
  8. Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...: I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 using the free upgrade. Windows 10 on both of my machines have the this license. [img] If I upgrade, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, and Video Card, Will windows 10 reactivate or am I going to have to buy a new license key...Thanks......
  9. Windows 10 Clarification

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clarification: Hi , Could someone just help me i`m i bit confused 1...I have got the upgrade icon and have done whats needed to up from 7 to 10 ,will i get (or be able to download) a hard copy of my OS for future use 2... I have also got build 10130 on my desktop will that upgraded to...
  10. Need a bit of clarification on windows 10 (1511 Update)

in Windows 10 Support
    Need a bit of clarification on windows 10 (1511 Update): Hi...*Sad I have three PC's all running windows 10/64 bit... Two of them were running (Build 10525) this PC's auto downloaded the windows 10 update a while back and are curentley running (Version 1511 OS Build 10586.36)... The one I am having a problem with is running...