Windows 10: need a bit of help if someone can avail me of a bit of their time with finding my product key

Discus and support need a bit of help if someone can avail me of a bit of their time with finding my product key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; the situation is i just finally got a new ssd, my first ssd, had hdd from birth until now. i have the hard drive and a fresh usb stick, issue is i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Competitive-Muscle41, Mar 3, 2021.

1. need a bit of help if someone can avail me of a bit of their time with finding my product key

the situation is i just finally got a new ssd, my first ssd, had hdd from birth until now. i have the hard drive and a fresh usb stick, issue is i cannot get the recovery drive app to get past the "please wait" window after you click next once youve checked you want to backup system files. So i decided to use the media creation tool from microsoft's website. trouble is i dont have the packaging for this pc, its at my mothers house, and i cannot find a way to locate it in the software. any help appreciated. btw windows 10 64bit OS.

submitted by /u/Competitive-Muscle41
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Competitive-Muscle41, Mar 3, 2021

2. Is a product key for 32 bit Windows compatible for 64-bit Windows?

Yes, that should work.

In previous versions of Windows, the product key would work for either the 32-bit or 64-bit version and there is no indication yet that this has changed.

Ultimately, what Microsoft care about is that you have a legitimate key.

The specifications you listed will work with Windows 10 to the best of my knowledge.

Edit:
    I just found this article describing the process:

Since you have already upgraded to Windows 10, you should check that it is activated and you have signed into a Microsoft account.

From there, you should be able to follow the rest of the instructions, mainly downloading Windows 10 Pro 64-bit to bootable media and doing a clean install.

pratt_korp, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 3, 2021
  4. need a bit of help if someone can avail me of a bit of their time with finding my product key

Bit Locker Recovery Key

Hello Sylvia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the error message appears when you’re trying to enter a Bit locker key?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 you have installed?
    3. What is the make and model number of your computer?

Issues might be happening because of entering Incorrect Bit Locker recovery key. Bit Locker key password will be a 48-digit alpha numeric characters.

However you may refer this article on how to find
    Bit Locker recovery
    key.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

need a bit of help if someone can avail me of a bit of their time with finding my product key

1. need a bit of help if someone can avail me of a bit of their time with finding my product key - Similar Threads - need bit help

2. Can someone please help me to recover my windows product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone please help me to recover my windows product key?: After running the command 'slmgr -dli' this message appear that is attached in this enquiry as image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-please-help-me-to-recover-my-windows/bf3e4454-1773-4f1a-b267-652c59375d65
  3. Can someone please help me to recover my windows product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone please help me to recover my windows product key?: After running the command 'slmgr -dli' this message appear that is attached in this enquiry as image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-please-help-me-to-recover-my-windows/bf3e4454-1773-4f1a-b267-652c59375d65
  4. Can someone help me where can I find Windows 10 product key to be installed in my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me where can I find Windows 10 product key to be installed in my laptop?: I have problem about installing Windows 10 in my laptop. Normally, I install first Windows 7 home premium then I upgrade it to Windows 10 Anniversary Update. This time I want to make dual OS for my MacBook Pro OS Big Sur A1398 during Bootcamp installation it asked me about...
  5. Can someone help me where can I find Windows 10 product key to be installed in my laptop?

Can someone help me where can I find Windows 10 product key to be installed in my laptop?: I have problem about installing Windows 10 in my laptop. Normally, I install first Windows 7 home premium then I upgrade it to Windows 10 Anniversary Update. This time I want to make dual OS for my MacBook Pro OS Big Sur A1398 during Bootcamp installation it asked me about...
  6. help me to find my product key

help me to find my product key: I lost my product key.product ID- 00328-00000-00000-AA718 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-find-my-product-key/e3843512-f0be-45cb-932a-245a853762f5
  7. help me to find my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    help me to find my product key: I lost my product key.product ID- 00328-00000-00000-AA718 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-find-my-product-key/e3843512-f0be-45cb-932a-245a853762f5
  8. help me to find my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Need a bit of help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need a bit of help: This has been going on since wednesday, whenever I try to play Roblox, my laptop instantly BSoDs, can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-a-bit-of-help/6e55f6fa-451f-49b3-a8b7-ffc79512a2a8
  10. How to find my product key? Help me ;

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to find my product key? Help me ;: I have tried the steps on microsoft internet pages, to find my product key, to no avail. From the steps provided by Microsoft, I have reset my laptop and forgot to back up data, so that my problem is getting worse. Here are the problems I had while updating Windows 10: 1....