Windows 10: Need a DOS script to run on login that runs four services, consecutively.

Discus and support Need a DOS script to run on login that runs four services, consecutively. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We are having a problem with a piece of software that loads four non-Microsoft services on a Windows 10 workstation. That these services need to load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CAS02134, May 4, 2022.

1. CAS02134 Win User

Need a DOS script to run on login that runs four services, consecutively.

We are having a problem with a piece of software that loads four non-Microsoft services on a Windows 10 workstation. That these services need to load in a specific order. Some services won't load if a certain service hasn't loaded first.Is there an easy way to prioritize service loading so that 1 loads before 2, 2 before 3, and 3 before 4? Or, is there a way to write a simple script that can execute when someone logs in, where service 1 gets loaded, and 2 only loads when 1 successfully loads and starts. And 3 and 4?Thanks.

:)

CAS02134, May 4, 2022

2. long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, May 4, 2022
  3. 'long running script' error

Hi Sandi,

The issue may occur due to setting configuration of your IE11. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest to check this thread:
    Message that website is not responding due to a long running script
    . Look for Don Varnau answer. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 4, 2022
  4. sachind1 Win User

script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, May 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Need a DOS script to run on login that runs four services, consecutively. - Similar Threads - Need DOS script

2. Need a DOS script to run on login that runs four services, consecutively.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need a DOS script to run on login that runs four services, consecutively.: We are having a problem with a piece of software that loads four non-Microsoft services on a Windows 10 workstation. That these services need to load in a specific order. Some services won't load if a certain service hasn't loaded first.Is there an easy way to prioritize...
  3. Need a DOS script to run on login that runs four services, consecutively.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a DOS script to run on login that runs four services, consecutively.: We are having a problem with a piece of software that loads four non-Microsoft services on a Windows 10 workstation. That these services need to load in a specific order. Some services won't load if a certain service hasn't loaded first.Is there an easy way to prioritize...
  4. Need assistance running DOS program on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need assistance running DOS program on Win10: Good morning, I have an old DOS test scoring program that I need to run on my Win10 (64bit) computer. Obviously, it doesn't work. I will also need it to print the test results. Is there an easy way to run DOS on Win10? Obviously, when I try and run it, I am unable to. I...
  5. Run script/program before login of user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run script/program before login of user: I want to run a script or a program before logging in to any user account in windows 10. equivalent to rc.local in Linux. i have tested Task Scheduler, want to know any other solution to this ?...
  6. Four consecutive Windows updates failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Four consecutive Windows updates failed: Hi, I've now had four consecutive Windows updates that failed, even after going through the troubleshooting process and rerunning them. My PC is a 32-bit running Windows 10 Home, Version 1903, Build 18362.356. Here is the list of the failed updates with the respective error...
  7. running DOS as ADMIN

in Windows 10 Support
    running DOS as ADMIN: I would like to run a command (schtasks) that requires ADMIN privileges. I added schtasks to a bat file (along with my other DOS commands that do not require ADMIN priviliges), right-clicked its shortcut and chose the RUN AS ADMIN option. A DOS screen appeared for a...
  8. Script running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Script running: Every so often my computer will freeze on a page. I get a message push this button to stop the script, when I do this the page will unfreeze. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-running/95442ea7-9470-4cf6-815a-b9a626b9af61
  9. Media Player Running Consecutive Videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player Running Consecutive Videos: Probably missing something easy and am preoccupied to look into it so throw a quick answer my way lol. But lets say I run multiple instances of a show at one time through Windows media player, it keeps looping the same first launched episode instead of moving down the list. I...
  10. Running Script

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Script: I am running Windows 10 / IE 11 and I keep getting a running script error (“Do you want to continue running scripts on this page”?) and it is driving me crazy. I am not real tech savvy so I don’t know where to look on how to. It just started doing it and I have been using...