Windows 10: Need a feature in Windows Defender

Discus and support Need a feature in Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! I am Tamim Please Add feature Anti Hacker, Web Protection in Windows Defender Security Windows 10.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by F.Tamim, Aug 9, 2019.

1. F.Tamim Win User

Need a feature in Windows Defender

Hi! I am Tamim

Please Add feature Anti Hacker, Web Protection in Windows Defender Security Windows 10.

:)

F.Tamim, Aug 9, 2019

2. "Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Aug 9, 2019
  3. What the hell, windows defender?

Installing major updates like the April update will reset pretty much all Windows features including Windows Defender.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Need a feature in Windows Defender

Halo3Addict, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Need a feature in Windows Defender

1. Need a feature in Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Need feature Defender

2. need an app to open windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need an app to open windows defender: Windows Defender and any settings related to it keeps prompting me "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" It's really annoying me, and I'm not sure what the issue is. But I can't turn it ON/OFF without this message popping up in my face, and I don't know any...
  3. Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender?

Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender?: My new system is running Windows Defender. I see that a McAfee subscription is also included with my purchase. I have always preferred Norton, and I have used it for years, but a knowledgeable IT friend says Defender is enough. Is it generally enough to guard against...
  4. Problem with Windows Defender, needed action

Problem with Windows Defender, needed action: When I had this laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro I asked the tech to name it "xxxxx". He did that and whenever I fired up the machine I got "xxxxx Welcome". Last week I received an update from Microsoft and at the end of its installation (1 hour) the laptop told me...
  5. Need help disabling Windows Defender

Need help disabling Windows Defender: Hey, I'm trying to disable my Windows Defender but it won't let me disable them. This is the menu I'm in: https://i.imgur.com/ERXwW0V.png . Whenever I click one of the sliders to turn it off, the slider will turn off, and then it will give me a pop up asking me if I want...
  6. "Windows Defender needs to..." it's annoying...

"Windows Defender needs to..." it's annoying...: Hi, friends, Scheduling a task did not avoid this annoying daily notification. How can I stop this? I don't want another antivirus software (I have a legal Karspersky subscription, but it was turning my laptop slow), I simply want WD stopping this boring alert. What...
  7. Windows Defender tray icon, remove "!" with unused features?

Windows Defender tray icon, remove "!" with unused features?: I recently 'upgraded' to Win10 Version 1703 (Creator's), which uses Windows Defender Security Center, rather than good ol' Windows Defender. I have the tray icon in the Notification Area set to always show, but it displays a yellow exclamation point if the 'App and browser...
  8. Do I need Defender?

Do I need Defender?: I have the pro version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware + Microsoft Security Essentials. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is on & monitoring. Do I need Defender? I keep getting this window on login. [img] 10748
  9. Windows Defender PUA feature?

Windows Defender PUA feature?: WD has this new feature called PUA. Is this for domain environments or can this be done on a standalone Win10 Enterprise? Or is this needed on a standalone system? I know it has to be enabled in the registry. If enabled, how will this effect the use of a machine? Will...
  10. 5 features Windows 9 needs to succeed

in Windows 10 News
    5 features Windows 9 needs to succeed: On Tuesday Microsoft will preview the next-generation Windows operating system – currently codenamed Windows Threshold, but expected to be called Windows 9 – and it will be a keystone to Microsoft's plans over the coming years. With that in mind, here are five features...