Windows 10: Need a generic key

Discus and support Need a generic key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I completelely dont know my product key for my windows 10 HP, I was just given this computer from a brother. When it run into a problem I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SmollettE, Oct 1, 2018.

1. SmollettE Win User

Need a generic key

I completelely dont know my product key for my windows 10 HP, I was just given this computer from a brother. When it run into a problem I had to factory reset it and install new windows on it. PLEASE HELP!

:)

SmollettE, Oct 1, 2018

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure

Read more: RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure

Brink, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

Need a generic key

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Need a generic key

1. Need a generic key - Similar Threads - Need generic key

2. Is it safe using generic key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it safe using generic key: I installed windows 10 pro with generic key is it safe to use because i dont have a oem or retail key to activate the windows so is safe to use and if it dosent how can i deactivate the key because Iam not able to deactivate the key...
  3. windows 10 generic key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 generic key: i bought a computer last month and today i found out that the windows is activated with generic key i had to clean install in order to get rid of that, after the clean install i was surprised that i got digital license how is that? i didn't pay for it and i believe that...
  4. Generic product key?

Generic product key?: I am installing an SSD for a friend on a working PC with an old patter drive that is super slow. I used a product key finder and got VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM- 9MPGT-3V66T product key finder says this is OEM and I need a digital license for activation. This PC is licensed already....
  5. Do I need to remove my generic product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need to remove my generic product key?: So I have the generic product key for windows 10 home (YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7) installed on my computer, I am going buy a DIGITAL LICENSE that is linked to my Microsoft account. My question is do I need to remove the generic product key to get the digital license, or...
  6. generic upgrade key not working

generic upgrade key not working: i reinstalled windows 10 on my pc yesterday, and because it wasn't activated during setup, it isn't activated now, so i don't have a license, and i installed windows 10 pro n because that's what i downloaded when flashing my usb with rufus, and i've set it up enough that i...
  7. the generic key is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the generic key is not working: the generic key for upgrading an oem home to pro is not working is there another that might work i have a gaming laptop that is a few years old and am trying to do an upgrade from a windows 10 oem copy to a pro key and cant validate either the pro key or the that is given in...
  8. generic product key

generic product key: anyone have generic product key for windows 10 home single language version 2004? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-product-key/43a2179d-fa3b-4314-b60c-34057fefb104
  9. Generic Keys

Generic Keys: Hey guys, When i got this computer I checked the product key using produkey, and I did a search and I found that it is a generic key, now they sent me out a copy of windows 10 home, and I have not used that key yet, so my question is this, if I put my new key in that I...
  10. Generic keys and License keys.

Generic keys and License keys.: Question, I have a windows 10 home generic key installed with permanent activation (Was like this when I got it from the company that my sister brought it from) and I am just wondering, would this be the reason why I have been having problems with some games running? I...