Windows 10: Need a gigabyte switch

Discus and support Need a gigabyte switch in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I bring home my work laptop I have to use wireless because I don't have a spare wired network jack. The only one in the den is in use. The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by margrave55, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Need a gigabyte switch

When I bring home my work laptop I have to use wireless because I don't have a spare wired network jack. The only one in the den is in use. The only one in the bedroom is in use.

When I use wireless it works flawlessly ... until I connect to work over a VPN. The VPN drops every minute or two and I have to reconnect it. But the VPN is rock solid when I plug into a wired network jack.

No ... I don't need a wifi extender. I have google services, and every cable box is a wireless access point. There are five of them in the house. I'm never more than six feet from one.

So I want to use wired networking exclusively.

To do that I'd like to "split" one of my wired jacks by using a switch. I have one but it runs at 100 Mbps. I need a 1000 Mbps switch. And I need two ports.

I don't know what to buy. I see units that are real cheap and others much higher.

How do I choose?

:)

margrave55, Apr 27, 2019

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Apr 27, 2019
  3. NikJames Win User
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Realtek) - No bass/sub-woofer

• Speaker Setup plays all speakers fine
    • Applications do not play any bass through subwoofer (or really, at all)
    • Custom built PC using Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard onboard audio.
    • Windows 10 fresh install
    • Tried latest driver from Gigabyte, Realtek, and Microsoft
    • Windows "default" driver does play bass through sub-woofer, but audio stutters and is quiet.

Not sure what else is relevant to mention; I've tried following various posts with suggestions to fix this, with no success. I've been at this for quite a few hours and am very frustrated.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or suggestions on how to resolve

NikJames, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Need a gigabyte switch

gigabyte Z370 HD3 + Samsung EVO 970 won't install Windows 10

Newly assembled system:

• Gigabyte Z370 HD3 V1.0 motherboard
    • Intel i7-8700 CPU
    • 2x DDR4-3200 16GB RAM (F4-3200C16D-32GVK)
    • Samsung EVO 970 500 GB M.2 SSD (MZ-V6E500)
    • Thermaltake TR2 S 500 W PSU (TRS-0500P-2)
    • Deepcool Tesseract case (seems doesn't matter)

All components come new, unpacked.

Windows 10 Pro installation failed at the step "Getting files ready for installation." when about 70-80% complete.

I used both the original Windows 10 Pro DVD and a USB stick prepared by a Microsoft tool; the result is the same.

I tried to use the pre-installation SATA driver from the Gigabyte website.
    Once I installed this driver at the step "Where do you want to install Windows", my M2 drive had disappeared from the list.

The same situation repeated with another set of components.

By the way, when I try the same set of components but with an ASUS Z370-P motherboard, there is no problem with Windows 10 installation.

I still need to assemble some systems with Gigabyte motherboards.

Update: It was easy to install Windows 10 on the SATA SSD. Same conditions: Gigabyte motherboard, but SATA SSD instead of M2 SSD.

Any suggestion what to do in order to install Window properly?

Konstantin, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Need a gigabyte switch

1. Need a gigabyte switch - Similar Threads - Need gigabyte switch

2. Gigabyte ethernet.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gigabyte ethernet.: So I have gigabyte ethernet, But when I download files using the regular download option or internet download manager I only download at about 1 to 4 Mbps. I have my speed and duplex set to 1 gigabyte full-duplex, I also have contacted my provider and done speed tests average...
  3. Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions: Hello, While recovering from a recent computer disaster, and after very in-depth diagnostics, I've been advised to upgrade the BIOS. I really don't want to screw things up, so I'm asking for detailed instructions, like, for a 10-year old? OK, maybe 15. The MoBo is a...
  4. I need to switch back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to switch back: So a couple months back i made the switch to Linux, this was due to the fact that i've always been told it was better for development purposes and that Linux gaming has caught up or whatever. In my experience this is NOT the case, at the least not for the distro I'm using. I...
  5. Need advice on compatible M.2 NVME for Gigabyte M. B.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need advice on compatible M.2 NVME for Gigabyte M. B.: Hi all – I have a system that has a Gigabyte B360M DS3H Motherboard. I would like to install a 1TB M.2 2280 NVME card (not a Sata). Crucial doesn’t seem to have anything that is compatible. Amazon has a Gigabyte card here: Robot Check but I don’t see anything on the...
  6. Need advice on compatible M.2 NVME for Gigabyte M. B.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need advice on compatible M.2 NVME for Gigabyte M. B.: Hi all – I have a system that has a Gigabyte B360M DS3H Motherboard. I would like to install a 1TB M.2 2280 NVME card (not a Sata). Crucial doesn’t seem to have anything that is compatible. Amazon has a Gigabyte card here: Robot Check but I don’t see anything on the...
  7. Need help with GPU switching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with GPU switching: Hello there! Here is my problem: I bought a laptop with a dedicated graphics card and I'd like to play minecraft on it. I only recently noticed that minecraft runs using the integrated intel graphics instead of the dedicated one. Other games work fine with GPU switching but...
  8. Hdd gigabyte problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Hdd gigabyte problem: HELLO ....but any one knows WHY my hardrive space or gigabyte size becoming low and low over the time... now its only 12gb left out of 297gb in my C drive... i already deleted all of my downloded folder,. i dont have any games install,.. also I tried disk clean up, and now...
  9. I need help with 5 pin grbw headers on a Gigabyte motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help with 5 pin grbw headers on a Gigabyte motherboard: is there a such a thing a 4 pin grb to a 5 pin grbw adapter? I can't find any anywhere to buy any. I know the W pin isn't necessary. Thanks 105925
  10. Microsoft needs to add a switch.

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft needs to add a switch.: Microsoft needs to add a switch so that you could go back to Windows 8.1 menus, metro start button (I hate what Microsoft did to the start menu), and metro apps that stay full screen. Who else thinks so? 4237