Windows 10: Need a help to explain which windows server 2019 license to buy

Discus and support Need a help to explain which windows server 2019 license to buy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All,I am planning to purchase a windows server 2019 license for our 3 hosts with 2 CPU sockets per host/server and 14 cores per socket. However, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JXS_M2, Jan 20, 2022.

1. JXS_M2 Win User

Need a help to explain which windows server 2019 license to buy

Hi All,I am planning to purchase a windows server 2019 license for our 3 hosts with 2 CPU sockets per host/server and 14 cores per socket. However, I am a little bit confused about which type of license I need to buy. in our infrastructure, we run a virtualization environment, and there are more than 10 servers per host.Appreciate for answer or input.

:)

JXS_M2, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Mystere Win User

Buying a Windows Server License

Server 2016 is not yet for sale. You can, however, buy Server 2012 and 2012R2 from various resellers, although most "official" resellers are likely out of stock since MS is in the middle of transitioning from 2012 to 2016.

Here's some resellers that sell through Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new

Most people don't buy Windows Server at retail, they tend to buy it through volume licensing, which you can still get.

Mystere, Jan 20, 2022
  3. SalimM90 Win User
    Windows Server 2019 Licensing System

I know that by default Windows Server 2019 comes with a license for 16 cores, and one has to buy additional licenses if he has more than 16 cores server.

My question is that if I install Windows Server 2019 without any additional/extra licenses on a server machine that has 20 cores, what would then happen?: Would the server/Windows run with 16 cores only (and the remaining 4 cores would remain off) OR the
    server/Windows won't run at all as one has to license all the available cores in the server inclusively.

Thanks.

SalimM90, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Need a help to explain which windows server 2019 license to buy - Similar Threads - Need help explain

2. Which SQL Server license needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which SQL Server license needed: Hi Everyone,I'm looking into which license for SQL Server i need.I have a datawarehouse on a on-premise server. But then i will load my data in a tabular within Azure Analysis Services or Power Bi Premium Per User dataset. All users will then connect to the power bi dataset...
  3. Which SQL Server license needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which SQL Server license needed: Hi Everyone,I'm looking into which license for SQL Server i need.I have a datawarehouse on a on-premise server. But then i will load my data in a tabular within Azure Analysis Services or Power Bi Premium Per User dataset. All users will then connect to the power bi dataset...
  4. Need a help to explain which windows server 2019 license to buy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a help to explain which windows server 2019 license to buy: Hi All,I am planning to purchase a windows server 2019 license for our 3 hosts with 2 CPU sockets per host/server and 14 cores per socket. However, I am a little bit confused about which type of license I need to buy. in our infrastructure, we run a virtualization...
  5. how to license server 2019 for a vmware server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to license server 2019 for a vmware server?: how to license server 2019 for a vmware server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-license-server-2019-for-a-vmware-server/dff39bfa-436a-458d-aee6-22b40d14c376
  6. how to license server 2019 for a vmware server?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to license server 2019 for a vmware server?: how to license server 2019 for a vmware server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-license-server-2019-for-a-vmware-server/dff39bfa-436a-458d-aee6-22b40d14c376
  7. Server 2019 licensing with virtual box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Server 2019 licensing with virtual box: I am new to server licensing and virtual machines.I manage a couple a server running server 2019 standard edition. One uses a virtual machine Virtual Box to manage a specific software on ~25 client PCs. The server is running the standard edition of Server 2019, but the server...
  8. Upgrade Windows server 2016 OEM license to server 2019 Retail license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows server 2016 OEM license to server 2019 Retail license: If I have an Windows server 2016 OEM license embedded in BIOS, but want to upgrade to a Windows server 2019 license, can I buy a retail license for Windows server 2019 and activate that? Will there be any problems due to the OEM license embedded in BIOS?...
  9. Windows Server 2019 Licensing System

Windows Server 2019 Licensing System: I know that by default Windows Server 2019 comes with a license for 16 cores, and one has to buy additional licenses if he has more than 16 cores server. My question is that if I install Windows Server 2019 without any additional/extra licenses on a server machine that has...
  10. Buying a Windows Server License

Buying a Windows Server License: I'm possibly interested in buying a license for Windows Server 2012/16 Standard Edition. How can I do that? I've searched around on the net. The Microsoft Store is out of stock of the only version they offer. After an hour and half on the phone with Microsoft they weren't...