Windows 10: need a little help

Discus and support need a little help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 build 10166 installed on my Sager laptop. Tried to install intel extreme tuning utility but get a message "check to see if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by usmc362, Jul 10, 2015.

1. usmc362 Win User

need a little help

Hello, I have Windows 10 build 10166 installed on my Sager laptop. Tried to install intel extreme tuning utility but get a message "check to see if you have sufficient privileges to start 3xtu services" However it installed without a hitch on my Alienware 17 which has the same build.Any help please? Thank you.

:)

usmc362, Jul 10, 2015

2. I need a little help.

There are WIndows 10 drivers posted for
    Laptops and netbooks :: ThinkPad T Series laptops :: ThinkPad T510 - Lenovo Support (CA)

However most drivers are delivered during install and immediately thereafter via running all Windows Update.

If you want to a do a superior
    Clean Install Windows 10 Upgrade

a new version 1511 will be released in early November that allows directly activating with the WIndows 7, 8 or 8.1 Product Key. This allows you to get a much better install.

Otherwise if you want to see how the Upgrade works save a backup image first of your present install so you can easily go back to the old OS in 20 minutes. But first be sure to follow all the steps I gave you earlier so that won't be necessary.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 10, 2015
  3. I need a little help.

Yeah,I am not sure that's why I asked.

I think I'll wait

thank you

ArlindTahiri, Jul 10, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

need a little help

Did you try running it as Administrator?

essenbe, Jul 12, 2015
Thema:

need a little help

1. need a little help - Similar Threads - need little help

2. I need a little help with a trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a little help with a trojan: So basically I got redirected to a site that downloads Trojan:Win32/Sabsik.FL.B!ml into your computer. I've found where it was hiding itself and deleted it, I just need to make sure It's gone from my system. Can anyone tell me if it's ok now? the app was osu!...
  3. I need a little help with a trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a little help with a trojan: So basically I got redirected to a site that downloads Trojan:Win32/Sabsik.FL.B!ml into your computer. I've found where it was hiding itself and deleted it, I just need to make sure It's gone from my system. Can anyone tell me if it's ok now? the app was osu!...
  4. I need a little help with a trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Need a little help with installing windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need a little help with installing windows...: I don't have an optical drive, so I made a bootable USB to install Windows on a new motherboard. Problem is that after I boot from the USB and start the install, the setup tells me that 'a media driver is missing'. I searched online and there were some suggesting integrating...
  6. A little help needed with taskbar customization!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A little help needed with taskbar customization!: Is there a way to customize my taskbar in such a way that I get an option to keep a few icons to the right of my taskbar?From this to this. Observe the purple icon(I'm holding it by the click of my mouse. Once I release it it will return to the left side of the taskbar)...
  7. Needing a little help with Power Supply

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Needing a little help with Power Supply: I have 2 computers that have the same Power Supply (Apevia 1100 watt Warlock). Now, i am assuming that's overkill and i'm just wasting electricity. Plus, I am wanting to go with Modular PSU's. Here is my system for my main computer: What modular PSU and watts would you...
  8. Need A Little Notepad++ Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need A Little Notepad++ Help: Can someone tell me how to clear the memory/cache of the "Find" and "Find & Replace" functions in Notepad++? I'm getting quite a long list there. No, it's not the end of the world, but it is bugging me. Appreciate your help. 111889
  9. Adding An External HD And Need A Little Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding An External HD And Need A Little Help: Good morning. I've been away from PCs for nearly four years. My last system was an XP Pro setup. Now I've got a new machine with Win 10 and it is all so very new to an old guy and I need a little guidance here. Over the next day or two I have a Western Digital Elements...
  10. A little help needed please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A little help needed please: I am just about to do my 'Clean Install' of Windows 10. I was given the instructions shown below and I have disconnected the other drives and have restarted the machine, pressed F12 for the boot options and have requested it boot from the USB drive on which I downloaded the...