Windows 10: Need a migration guide for specified scenario

Discus and support Need a migration guide for specified scenario in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a pc with SSD and Windows 8 in it. By mistake I did not wipe the windows 8, and now windows 10 is on another HDD partition. Below is what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xgenvn, Sep 26, 2016.

1. xgenvn Win User

Need a migration guide for specified scenario

Hi,

I have a pc with SSD and Windows 8 in it. By mistake I did not wipe the windows 8, and now windows 10 is on another HDD partition. Below is what my partitions look like.

Need a migration guide for specified scenario [​IMG]

Is there any guide to migrate my Windows 10 installation from partition C to * ? I've set up so many apps before I recognize the problem.

Thank you.

:)

xgenvn, Sep 26, 2016

2. Can't get Cyberlink Media Suite to play previously ripped files.

Get message I need to download a migration license. When I try I get an error message. I do have explorer installed as specified.

MichaelNeff, Sep 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 1709 // Start Layout network drive map do not migrate by USMT

Hello I have to migrate Windows 7 to Windows 10 1709 with USMT and some scenario Windows 10 to Windows 10, I read and test it is not possible to migrate StartLayout with USMT??

sdechene73, Sep 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you're missing one or more partitions from Win 10.
    Does your PC support UEFI?

If so, this is what I'd expect for Win 10:

Need a migration guide for specified scenario [​IMG]

If you are using legacy BIOS then there should be a recovery partition. (Note: Windows Disk Management doesnt show the 16Mb partition)

Could you advise the following:
    1. Does your BIOS support EFI?
    2. Is your BIOS configured to use AHCI rather than IDE for your SSD? (AHCI gives better performance).

Finally, yes it's possible to move your Windows partition. Here's the process in outline:
    1. Acquire a disk imaging program and create its boot medium
    2. Create backups (Use disk imaging).
    3. Configure your system to boot from a DVD or flash drive (whichever you're going to use).
    4. Test your imaging boot medium
    5. Acquire and test a Win 10 boot medium
    6. Wipe the target disk.
    7. Clean install the same build of Win 10 on the target disk, ensuring the Windows partition is larger than your current one.
    8. Boot your PC using the bootable medium of your disk imaging program
    9. Replace the new Windows partition with that from your image
    10. Run Start-up repair using your Win 10 boot disk or flash drive.

dalchina, Sep 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Need a migration guide for specified scenario - Similar Threads - Need migration guide

2. What Microsoft licenses do I need for this scenario?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What Microsoft licenses do I need for this scenario?: We would like to deploy a program to multiple users via remote desktop. Now we are trying to find out what kind of licenses we would need for this. Unfortunately, none of us have a clue about Windows Server. Now I thought I'd just ask here, maybe someone can help us...
  3. What Microsoft licenses do I need for this scenario?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Microsoft licenses do I need for this scenario?: We would like to deploy a program to multiple users via remote desktop. Now we are trying to find out what kind of licenses we would need for this. Unfortunately, none of us have a clue about Windows Server. Now I thought I'd just ask here, maybe someone can help us...
  4. What Microsoft licenses do I need for this scenario?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ISO guide for migrating to a new PC

in Windows 10 Support
    ISO guide for migrating to a new PC: Hello Hello! I'm finally retiring my Core 2 Duo that I built almost 15 years ago. Yeah, about that ... The amount of stuff I've accumulated in 15 year and the amount of software and settings. It's alot and who really wants to go through it all and reclick tickboxes and...
  6. Multi PC replacement scenario -> user data and user profile migration

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multi PC replacement scenario -> user data and user profile migration: We're planning to replace appr. 500 Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 PC's with new ones. The new PC's are delivered with Windows 10 and Office preinstalled and will be joined to our domain. Our goal is to transfer all their data, favorites, mail account settings etc,...
  7. Multi PC replacement scenario -> user data and user profile migration

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi PC replacement scenario -> user data and user profile migration: We're planning to replace appr. 500 Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 PC's with new ones. The new PC's are delivered with Windows 10 and Office preinstalled and will be joined to our domain. Our goal is to transfer all their data, favorites, mail account settings etc,...
  8. Multi PC replacement scenario - user data and user profile migration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi PC replacement scenario - user data and user profile migration: We're planning to replace appr 500 Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 PC's with new ones. The new PC's are delivered with Windows 10 and Office preinstalled and will be joined to our domain. Our goal is to transfer all their data, favorites, mail account settings etc,...
  9. Need a user guide for calculator + HD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a user guide for calculator + HD: Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, The calculator + HD that is available in the Microsoft store is a w e s o m e. But there is no user guide. I sent an electronic mail on September 14 and as of yet I have not heard from the owner. Can you, please, contact the owner and request a...
  10. Need help assigning my own GUID in bcdboot or capturing the GUID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help assigning my own GUID in bcdboot or capturing the GUID: I know you can do something like bcdboot.exe /m {aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeeeeeeee} to force your own but for some reason when I try that, it still assigns it's own anyway. I know there are ways to assign OS loader GUID outputs from bcdedit to a variable in batch but I am...