Windows 10: need a new app to open this about link

Discus and support need a new app to open this about link in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to play Red Dead, but every time I click on the Rockstar Launcher, a pop-up appears constantly and doesn't go away. When I can't click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SkyeJenn4, Nov 8, 2021.

1. SkyeJenn4 Win User

need a new app to open this about link

I'm trying to play Red Dead, but every time I click on the Rockstar Launcher, a pop-up appears constantly and doesn't go away. When I can't click on anything, it just won't go away. It says "you'll need a new app to open this about link". But when I click on an app in the Microsoft Store, nothing shows up. Help!

:)

SkyeJenn4, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. need a new app to open this about link :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 8, 2021
  3. This app can't open

Hi Malik,

I suggest you to follow the below Methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the below link, for the steps to create a new user account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 8, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Nov 8, 2021
Thema:

1. need a new app to open this about link - Similar Threads - need app open

2. you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: so i just upgraded to windows 11 from windows updates. and everytime i try to open windows defender i got this little pop up window. someone please help me. os build: 22000.675...
  3. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: I'm using this command to try to fix it:You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender linkbut this is what shows up:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At...
  4. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: I'm using this command to try to fix it:You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender linkbut this is what shows up:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At...
  5. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link": I am using this command on powershell to get rid of the "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" message : Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml"But it's not able...
  6. "You'll need a new app to open this taskbarx link"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this taskbarx link": I recently got updated to Windows 11. Prior to that, I had TaskbarX by Chris Andriessen installed via Microsoft Store. Right after I received the Windows 11 update, I uninstalled TaskbarX not sure how, either thru Windows Settings or Microsoft Store.Since the uninstall, every...
  7. need a new app to open this about link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need a new app to open this about link: I'm trying to play Red Dead, but every time I click on the Rockstar Launcher, a pop-up appears constantly and doesn't go away. When I can't click on anything, it just won't go away. It says "you'll need a new app to open this about link". But when I click on an app in the...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: Hi, I have connected 2 new PC's and 1 laptop to an exsisting AD. When I log in with a non-admin domain account the store is not available as are the 'basic' windows 10 apps. windowsdefender, calculator, etc I can see the Windows defender shield icon next to the clock but...
  9. You'll need a new app to open this msgamingoverlay link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this msgamingoverlay link: Hi. I dont remember when this all started but when I open a game I always get 'you'll need a new app to open this msgamingoverlay link' I know you can just close it but it is very annoying to close it every time. I don't have Xbox cuz i uninstalled it. I had no Xbox console...
  10. Need a new app to open ms-gamebarservices link?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need a new app to open ms-gamebarservices link?: I've been having an issue with this coming up on my screen for a few weeks. I've tried just looking online if anyone has had the same issue, but I haven't found anything relating to exactly what I'm experiencing. I've attached an image of what pops up on my screen. It's...