Windows 10: Need a new Win10 printer...

Discus and support Need a new Win10 printer... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am looking into getting a new inkjet/desk-jet color printer for my new Win10 system, and I need some advice/help in finding the right one. Here is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vomacka, Mar 26, 2020.

1. vomacka Win User

Need a new Win10 printer...

I am looking into getting a new inkjet/desk-jet color printer for my new Win10 system, and I need some advice/help in finding the right one.

Here is what I am looking for...

1. I would like to get a Hp Inkjet/Desk-jet model. I have had GREAT success with this manufacturer and would like to stick with them.
    2. Win10 compatible (obviously).
    3. Dual, separate ink print cartridges (Black and color).
    4. I would like the printer to be sized approximately (H=7.11" W= 16" D=10") I have to size it to fit my cabinet.
    5. Horizontal paper feed tray and output tray.
    6. USB connection. (Not wireless) Cable not included is OK. I have extras here from my last HP printer.

If anyone knows of a HP Inkjet/Desk-jet printer with these features, let me know.

I appreciate your help.

Scott

:)

vomacka, Mar 26, 2020
  2. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

Need a new Win10 printer... [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Add printer error 0x0000000d on Win10

I see that there are a lot of incidents of this error in the community forums, but none on a Win10 computer. Looking through the older responses, none seem to work on a Win10. I'm using a Surface Pro 1 running up-to-date Win10, trying to connect wirelessly
    to an HP networked printer at work. I've been able to connect to this printer in the past, but just today when I went to the office and tried to print, I got an error message and found that I couldn't connect to the printer. I removed the printer from my Devices
    and Printers and tried reconnecting, but I finally get the error 0x0000000d.

I am on a BYOD program, so my IT can not fix this problem on my computer.

The steps that my IT has suggested for connecting to the printer, and which worked in the past:

1. Navigate to "Add a printer"

2. Click "The printer that I want isn't listed"

3. Select a shared printer by name

4. Type in printer address, "http://..."

5. Login with my company credentials

I recently changed both my Windows and company password, so may be related to this?

John Milo JAMISON, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Need a new Win10 printer...

Looking for a new Printer

Well, after a recipe cook, and start of another one, my Epson Workforce 500 died.. *Cry :cry: Served me good for 2 years.

So, now looking for a new printer to buy come next pay

• Price: Under $200
    • Preference: All-in-One since I work from home when I'm off the clock. (has to have a fax)
      Scanner/copier/fax
    • Color Printer
    • Networking of any kind. Printer is close to router
    No brand is a preference. I do have a Corporate discount with both HP and CDW.

Thanks

Cold Storm, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Need a new Win10 printer...

1. Need a new Win10 printer... - Similar Threads - Need Win10 printer

2. I need to connect HP printer to a new laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to connect HP printer to a new laptop: how to connect HP printer to new laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-connect-hp-printer-to-a-new-laptop/354c5398-0825-40ff-855e-2e400c17c202
  3. HP 6MP printer driver for new version of win10

HP 6MP printer driver for new version of win10: I just did a new build and can not find a suitable printer driver for my HP 6MP laser printer. I have driver installed on another Win10 machine but was an older version when driver was installed. I came from Microsoft printer install process. Driver dated 6/21/2006,...
  4. New motherboard - Do I need a new win10 licence?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New motherboard - Do I need a new win10 licence?: Hello all, very recently, my computer slurped up a malware and I had to wipe the hard drives and reinstall windows. On a whim, I decided to upgrade from win 7 to win 10 pro, so I bought a licence. At the same time I got a "great" idea of upgrading most of the PC hardware, so...
  5. need to connect my printer to my new network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to connect my printer to my new network.: this should be an easy task but i cannot findout where i need to go to change network so I can connect the printer HP DESKJET SERIES 5200 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-connect-my-printer-to-my-new-network/071fee15-0fb2-48e4-acfd-e44689d05114
  6. Win10 Setting Default Printer

Win10 Setting Default Printer: As admin or user1, am able to select default printer without issue. As user2, left click on the printer name does NOT expand the selection box, and Manage is not accessible. Suggestions?...
  7. New Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Printer: Firefox is asking me to select the network printer that I want to use and click select to connect to it. I"m on A HP Smart App With Microsoft windows 10, but Firefox is my operating system. They are wanting to know which File to put it in as for as I can tell. Can someone...
  8. New Printer

New Printer: I just purchased a new MFC Lexmark Printer; still in the box. I've been trying to verify if the software is compatible to Windows 10. Since I switched to Windows 10 years ago Ive had trouble with my printers software not working any longer with windows 10. I've done a lot...
  9. need to load win10 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to load win10 on a new SSD: I have a Product key but do not have a cd/dvd to load win10 on a REPLACEMENT drive. My HD is going out. how do I reload/transfer/load/move the OS to a new drive? I tried cloning it but it sticks with the c drive. DO I change the names of the drives. My PC came preloaded...
  10. hdd broke, need help on installing new win10 to the new hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    hdd broke, need help on installing new win10 to the new hdd: hi, laptop's hdd broke, i put new one in but stuck on how to install win10 i found an iso version from microsoft Access Denied i downloaded it, how to make bootable usb? 72961