Windows 10: Need a PIN to access store on a different PC

Discus and support Need a PIN to access store on a different PC in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi there, Just bought Minecraft to use on my PC through my Microsoft account but also want to load Minecraft on my wife's PC so our son can play... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Phil_Latam, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Need a PIN to access store on a different PC

Hi there,

Just bought Minecraft to use on my PC through my Microsoft account but also want to load Minecraft on my wife's PC so our son can play there when I'm using my machine.

So.. on my wife's PC, I opened the Msft Store web page, closed my wife's session, tried to log-in as me. It asks me for my PIN.. which doesn't exist - I never created one. For all Msft activity I log-in with a 9-character password

The store flashed up some instructions to go to my Account and add PIN as an option, but I can't find that option under my account settings.

Both PCs are running Win 10, though my wife's is much newer.

:)

Phil_Latam, Apr 16, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Is it possible to pin different apps on a taskbar on different virtual desktops in Windows 10?

Hi,

You can personalize the desktop of two computers by pinning the apps, documents and other programs to the taskbar.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you referring to dual screen desktop feature of the computer?
    • Do you want to personalize two different PC taskbars?

You can differ personalizing taskbar applications on different computers. You can either pin the same or differ the applications, programs or games on the computer taskbar according to the necessity.

To pin the apps to taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows logo key on the keyboard to open
      Start menu
    • Right click on the app and select Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.
    • Close the window and check if the app is pinned to taskbar.

Refer to Get Started with Windows 10 Love it? Pin it and check if it helps.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of pinning apps to taskbar on two desktops in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Need a PIN to access store on a different PC

PIN issue - signing in on a different computer

Hi Zelina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

A PIN is local to the device. It isn’t transmitted anywhere and it isn’t stored on the server unlike password. When a PIN is created, it establishes a trusted relationship with the identity provider and creates an asymmetric key pair that is used for
    authentication. PIN is tied to the specific device on which it was set up. That PIN is of no use without that specific hardware.

You can bypass the option to sign in with PIN while setting up the account on PC. You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Sign in with your boyfriend’s account.
    • Press Win + R keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog and type the following into the Run box: netplwiz
    • Remove your account from there.
    • Add your account again, skip the PIN setup when it prompts you to.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you need by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Need a PIN to access store on a different PC

1. Need a PIN to access store on a different PC - Similar Threads - Need PIN access

2. Cannot access my PC with my PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access my PC with my PIN.: Hello, Microsoft, I have a window 11 pc and my PIN is not working. I am locked out of my PC. I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-my-pc-with-my-pin/7f7c3fd2-9c7a-4cfb-84d0-2dcdb7d16bf7
  3. Cannot access my PC with my PIN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access my PC with my PIN.: Hello, Microsoft, I have a window 11 pc and my PIN is not working. I am locked out of my PC. I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-my-pc-with-my-pin/7f7c3fd2-9c7a-4cfb-84d0-2dcdb7d16bf7
  4. I need to access Microsoft store pls.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need to access Microsoft store pls.: plss can u https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-access-microsoft-store-pls/acabc3f9-063f-4a3a-8d45-697cee4659d0
  5. I need to access Microsoft store pls.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to access Microsoft store pls.: plss can u https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-access-microsoft-store-pls/acabc3f9-063f-4a3a-8d45-697cee4659d0
  6. I need to access Microsoft store pls.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. pin log in not available no pc access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pin log in not available no pc access: my pc will not allow pin log in its asking to set up pin through app but this dosnt load how do i access my pc[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-log-in-not-available-no-pc-access/e357bee1-04b0-4ad2-bd91-5744447aa16d
  8. Using PIN to Purchase from the Store. Need it to be a password.

Using PIN to Purchase from the Store. Need it to be a password.: My son plays Minecraft. Pin he can use the PIN to pay for purchases through the store not Xbox. I would like to disable and make sure that a password is required for purchases only. I have tried to delete my credit card and it won't let me....
  9. Pin problems logging to a different PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin problems logging to a different PC: Good morning I have issues logging on to a different PC since you get texted a code to your phone and I had my phone number changed to a different one Thanks...
  10. I need to access windows store

I need to access windows store: I need to access windows store to switch to windows 10 home to chat with my doctor online but can't access the store. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-access-windows-store/df4db549-2140-43f0-8363-b18b438691bf