Windows 10: need a script to add group or groups to AD workstations maybe powershell?

Discus and support need a script to add group or groups to AD workstations maybe powershell? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need a script or batch job or powershell to add one or more ad groups to newly imaged or upgraded workstations. Anyone have it already written or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WesBichsel, Jan 6, 2020.

1. need a script to add group or groups to AD workstations maybe powershell?

I need a script or batch job or powershell to add one or more ad groups to newly imaged or upgraded workstations.

Anyone have it already written or can I do it to multiple workstations using my ad tools ?

:)

WesBichsel, Jan 6, 2020
  2. navio1973 Win User

Nokia XL adding a group from the contact

suggestion for improve the Xperience

At the noment, when I want add a group to the contact, I do

1. Add another field

2. I select group from the list

3. I have to tap "choose a group"

4. I can select the group from group list

it will be faster that when I do the point 2, the group list appear immediately.

navio1973, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Powershell script

How to write powershell script ( or command) to change the configuration in group policy administrative templates?

Muhammed DanishM S, Jan 6, 2020
  4. need a script to add group or groups to AD workstations maybe powershell?

Powershell script

Hi Muhammed DanishM S,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to let you know that the Windows PowerShell command-line and scripting language can be used to automate many Group Policy tasks, including configuring registry-based policy settings and various Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) tasks.

Refer to this article to know more.

Group Policy Cmdlets in Windows PowerShell

For more information, I would suggest you to post your query in
    MSDN Forums
    , where we have developers and support professionals who are well-equipped with the knowledge on PowerShell
    scripts to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

need a script to add group or groups to AD workstations maybe powershell?

1. need a script to add group or groups to AD workstations maybe powershell? - Similar Threads - need script add

2. Powershell command for enabling Group-Writeback state of an Azure AD Security Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell command for enabling Group-Writeback state of an Azure AD Security Group: I am trying to do a bulk operation to set Group Write-back state of Azure AD groups to "Security" but am not able to achieve this using powershell. Is there a possible way to automate this using powershell?...
  3. Powershell command for enabling Group-Writeback state of an Azure AD Security Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command for enabling Group-Writeback state of an Azure AD Security Group: I am trying to do a bulk operation to set Group Write-back state of Azure AD groups to "Security" but am not able to achieve this using powershell. Is there a possible way to automate this using powershell?...
  4. Powershell command for enabling Group-Writeback state of an Azure AD Security Group

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problem with adding computers to domain group using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with adding computers to domain group using powershell: Hello,I am trying to add computer to my company domain, however I get error messageAdd-Computer : Computer 'testcomputer' failed to join domain 'mydomain.local' from its current workgroup 'SDF' with following error message: Access is denied.At C:\temp\JoinDomain.ps1:1 char:1+...
  6. Problem with adding computers to domain group using powershell

Problem with adding computers to domain group using powershell: Hello,I am trying to add computer to my company domain, however I get error messageAdd-Computer : Computer 'testcomputer' failed to join domain 'mydomain.local' from its current workgroup 'SDF' with following error message: Access is denied.At C:\temp\JoinDomain.ps1:1 char:1+...
  7. AD Security Groups

AD Security Groups: I need to create a new Security Group in On-Prem ADThis group will be included with domain users members, and i need to exclude domain admin group and service account group members.Can you help me on this ?...
  8. Adding Azure AD group to local group fails

Adding Azure AD group to local group fails: The command below fails with error "there is no such global user or group: AzureAd\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"net localgroup administrators "AzureAD\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" /AddI have tried using the SID, no AzureAD, and no domain and...
  9. Powershell Script to connect AD and check if the user is member of a group or not.

Powershell Script to connect AD and check if the user is member of a group or not.: Can you help me to create a Powershell Script to connect AD and check if the user is member of a group or not from client machine and set a registery key based on the condition...
  10. Adding group to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding group to Taskbar: Hello maybe wrong section but not sure where else to ask, does Windows 10 support adding a GROUP of apps to TaskBar (example a folder with multiple apps in it) like a communications folder with all my communications apps inside rather than have 10 apps all along bottom more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add group to wokrstation powershell