Windows 10: Need a techy

Discus and support Need a techy in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; First off, you should know I'm in China so...yah...that. Secondly, I'm having a severe problem trying to play mmorpgs (WoW) at home, but the Wifi @... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MalazAsashhatap, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Need a techy

First off, you should know I'm in China so...yah...that.

Secondly, I'm having a severe problem trying to play mmorpgs (WoW) at home, but the Wifi @ work seems just fine.

I have a new XiaoMi laptop, I even got a new wifi box for the house. However, the fact remains that when I take the laptop to work, I can play WoW unhindered. When I come home, I can't make contact with the Servers.

I have played WoW at home, for a few minutes, sometimes even as long as 5-10 minutes at home. But severe lag and freezes are common.

In fact, it has gotten worse since I replaced the old laptop and wifi box.

I asked my boss if the work wifi has it's own server, he said no.

What could possibly be causing this?????

:)

MalazAsashhatap, Sep 8, 2019

2. Won't read SD CARD windows 10

I have done your suggested Step 1 but it did not solve my problem. As for your Step 2, I have no clue how to do your #2 as I am not a techie person.

Windows 10 SD issue, Sep 8, 2019
  3. FX
    Fx Win User
    OCZ Octane 6 Gb/s Performance Looks Promising

I agree- the tech knowledge for the vast majority of non-techies are at pathetic levels

4. Need a techy

Windows 8 'Irrelevant' For PC Users

Windows 8 interface appears to be for average consumers - not techies.

Its a step in the right direction.

[On a seperate note, I think Win7 will be a favorite for enthusiasts for a long time to come]

MikeMurphy, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Need a techy

1. Need a techy - Similar Threads - Need techy

2. Need help! Windows Defender Update on September 20 corrupted my external HDD - now reads RAW

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help! Windows Defender Update on September 20 corrupted my external HDD - now reads RAW: This is not the first time this happens. I turn on my computer and I find that my external HDD’s, which were fine and working properly the day before, are now asking to be FORMATTED. They show up as RAW in Disc Management. - Always happens following a Windows update of...
  3. Need help to control fire engine engine simulator by kisosoft using key board or mouse

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need help to control fire engine engine simulator by kisosoft using key board or mouse: Just bought fire engine simulator by skisosoft, do not know how to control game on key board or mouse. there is no user guide. Please help or if need game controller, where to buy... Thank you...
  4. Upgraded to new iPhone and lost every account (dozens) in my authenticator app. Really need...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded to new iPhone and lost every account (dozens) in my authenticator app. Really need...: Just as the title says, I upgraded to an iPhone 11 Pro Max today and after restoring from my last backup, I started logging in to several of my accounts. I didn't get very far until I was asked to confirm my identity with an authenticator code. I opened my app like I have a...
  5. DO I NEED TO UPGRADE MOTHERBOARD DRIVER FOR ACCER ASPIRE R FOR WIN 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DO I NEED TO UPGRADE MOTHERBOARD DRIVER FOR ACCER ASPIRE R FOR WIN 10: DO I NEED TO UPGRADE MOTHERBOARD DRIVER FOR ACCER ASPIRE R FOR WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-upgrade-motherboard-driver-for-accer/dc114f46-9e8a-4e9b-a7d5-81bec95cac15
  6. Every night at midnight my external hard drives disconnect. I need help with a fix plz!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Every night at midnight my external hard drives disconnect. I need help with a fix plz!: I have 2 external hard drives one is an SSD that I use for games and one is a 2tb hard drive for storage. And every night at midnight my 2 hard drives disconnect and whatever game I am playing crashes and I have to restart the computer to get the hard drives working again. I...
  7. I need to reinstall speech recognition how do thet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to reinstall speech recognition how do thet: I need to reinstall speech recognition how do thet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-reinstall-speech-recognition-how-do-thet/dee54132-e211-4908-835e-8f7a69684db6
  8. ADWARE in News feed WIn 10 APP - need to FIX This

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ADWARE in News feed WIn 10 APP - need to FIX This: ADWARE in News feed WIN 10 APP - Who can FIX This ?? Ongoing since 2017 How do we escalate this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adware-in-news-feed-win-10-app-need-to-fix-this/9face5ed-ce82-44bd-b2dc-302a13cea2d1
  9. Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display: Hi, ive been able to connect to my phillips smart tv for couple of times vis miracast. i did that by pressing "windows key + P" and pressing connect to a wireless display. next sub window would open and automatically scan for devices. it would find it instantly and it would...
  10. I accidentally deleted my main Minecraft world please i need it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my main Minecraft world please i need it back: I was deleting this minecraft creative world save that was right above my main survival world. I accidently pressed my survival world thinking it was the creative one and deleted it. When i saw that my main world was gone my heart stopped i spent so much time on that world i...