Windows 10: Need a way to reset the display resolution of Alan Wake for PC from the Epic Games store

Discus and support Need a way to reset the display resolution of Alan Wake for PC from the Epic Games store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Original problem is that some graphics were displaying incorrectly, and as I worked through the display options trying to fix them, I made it down to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cr8zyfoo, Aug 13, 2019.

1. cr8zyfoo Win User

Need a way to reset the display resolution of Alan Wake for PC from the Epic Games store

Original problem is that some graphics were displaying incorrectly, and as I worked through the display options trying to fix them, I made it down to display resolutions. It was playing in 1920x1080, and I switched it to the next resolution down, 1768x992, which caused it to immediately crash. It now no longer starts, displaying the error message "Alan Wake could not initialize your 3D graphics card. Please see that your system conforms with the minimum specification and ensure you have the latest graphics card drivers installed. Technical: DEVICE_CREATE_ERROR - Invalid call".

My online search for answers all points to solutions that work within the frame of the Steam launcher, such as forcing the program to start in a different resolution. I did not purchase it from the Steam games store, which no longer sells Alan Wake, but the Epic games store, which now has it. The Epic game store also stores the game files differently, using .dll instead of .xml, so I cannot edit the resolution.xml with notepad, as it no longer exists. I have tried verifying Alan Wake within the Epic Games launcher, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I have tried deleting all the game files in C:\Program Files\Epic Games\AlanWake and reinstalling. I have set my NVIDIA display settings to override the scaling mode set by games to 1920x1080. I searched for Alan Wake in regedit with no success. Not certain what else I could do to reset the display settings at this point. I have started another game from the Epic Games launcher (Satisfactory) and it has worked fine.

I reached out to the Epic Games store for assistance, and they apologized and directed me to Nitro Games, who did all the work on platform porting. Nitro Games apologized and directed me to Remedy Games, saying, "I know that this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but unfortunately, we can't help you at all as we have no in-depth knowledge of the game nor any tools related to their game anymore." I attempted to reach Remedy Games, but their website directs any search for assistance with several games including Alan Wake straight to the Xbox/Microsoft website. So here I am.

TL;DR, changed resolution and broke Alan Wake for PC (through Epic, not Steam). Need a way to reset resolution to get the game to run again.

:)

cr8zyfoo, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Mortekus Win User

[PC] Alan Wake Epic Games Store Language

Hi,

I got Alan Wake on Epic Games Store but the game is in English and I can't put it in French.

I've looked for solutions for Steam and GoG versions but there is none for EGS and those that I checked don't work. Have anybody an idea to change the language of the game?

Thank you.

Mortekus, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Gimmy77 Win User

Same here... EPIC link me to MICROSOFT... this is CRAZY SITUATION.... very

Gimmy77, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Mortekus Win User

Need a way to reset the display resolution of Alan Wake for PC from the Epic Games store

I sent a ticket to Epic Game Store and I'll wait for an answer tomorrow.

Mortekus, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Need a way to reset the display resolution of Alan Wake for PC from the Epic Games store - Similar Threads - Need reset display

2. epic games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    epic games: und zwar möchte ich in epic games epic online services update installieren aber es kommt immer wieder eine fehlermeldung dass ich net framerwork 3.5 nicht installiert habe aber ich habe es schon installiert ich weiß jetzt echt nicht mehr weiter warum dass nicht installiert...
  3. The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043,1526Monitor Driver: Microsoft File Version 10.0.19041.1151 WinBuild. 160101.0800The display is on an AVI switch. The other two machines set the resolution to 1920x1200 This machine sets it to 1280x700 which is the largest in Setting/Display. I...
  4. The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043,1526Monitor Driver: Microsoft File Version 10.0.19041.1151 WinBuild. 160101.0800The display is on an AVI switch. The other two machines set the resolution to 1920x1200 This machine sets it to 1280x700 which is the largest in Setting/Display. I...
  5. The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Epic games store doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic games store doesn't work: ok I was doign some things and then to see what happens , I ended task in task manager , I ended the epic games task. Then when I try to open epic games store it keeps giving me an error sayinng ' we have detected several crashes do you want to get help?'then when I press yes...
  7. epic games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    epic games: when I was trying to change my password on epic games it wanted me to use my current password even though I don't remember my current password and it wont let me login in to fortnite because it always it fails even though it has the auto updates on....
  8. How to Install Epic Games Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Install Epic Games Store: Hello. I am trying to install Epic Games Store on my pc that I bought secondhand, so I'm using this guide: https://windowsreport.com/install-software-no-admin-rights/ However, I can't find the name I need to run the installer. The example in the article is "SteamSetup" to...
  9. [PC] Alan Wake Epic Games Store Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [PC] Alan Wake Epic Games Store Language: Hi, I got Alan Wake on Epic Games Store but the game is in English and I can't put it in French. I've looked for solutions for Steam and GoG versions but there is none for EGS and those that I checked don't work. Have anybody an idea to change the language of the game?...
  10. Alan Wake disappearing from Steam after this weekend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alan Wake disappearing from Steam after this weekend: It'll be 90% off on Steam for 48 hours starting tomorrow at 10 AM PST. It's a great game that kind of blends Stephen King with Twin Peaks. Alan Wake on Steam Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 84226

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alan wake my pc restart