Windows 10: Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password

Discus and support Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to delete my OneDrive folder on my current PC and it says I need the permission of the admin. Thing is, I'm currently signed in as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brad_528, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Brad_528 Win User

Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password

I'm trying to delete my OneDrive folder on my current PC and it says I need the permission of the admin. Thing is, I'm currently signed in as the admin. It's the only account on my PC.

I would assume that it would just ask for my password, but no password prompt ever shows up. I just hit delete, the administrator permission warning pops up, I click continue, it doesn't ask for any password, and then it says that it failed to recycle because it needed admin permission.

I checked Properties>Security>Advanced for the OneDrive folder, and it shows that its owner is the exact account that I'm currently signed in as.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

:)

Brad_528, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Error of asking permission from the administrator

Hello,

The error message that asks permission usually appears when you don't have administrator rights to copy a file or folder. To determine the cause of the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is the exact error message that you're getting?
    • Were you able to copy files before without any error?
    • Were there any changes made on your PC prior to this?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Niranjan Manjhi on this
    post. It includes guidelines on how to take ownership of a file or folder,
    turn off the User Account Control (UAC) which is necessary in preventing unauthorized changes to your computer, and enabling the hidden built-in administrator account on your PC. This was marked as an answer and a lot of Community members
    claimed it as helpful and that it solved their problem.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Feb 10, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password - Similar Threads - Need administrator permission

2. "Need administrator permission"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Need administrator permission": I am the only user on my computer. It was purchased new and set up with only my information. Yet, I cannot do several functions including deleting/renaming certain folders because I am not the "administrator."...
  3. "Need administrator permission"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Need administrator permission": I am the only user on my computer. It was purchased new and set up with only my information. Yet, I cannot do several functions including deleting/renaming certain folders because I am not the "administrator."...
  4. "Need administrator permission"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. remove you'll need to ask permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove you'll need to ask permission: I keep getting this when I go onto certain sites. I am the only one on this computer so I don't understand why I can't search what I want. It's only my email on here and it's not sending me anything. Very frustrating that I even have this feature and can't turn it off when...
  6. Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.: I dont know why these administrator permissions exist but anyway, I tried to delete some files in a program and it wouldnt let me because I need permissions from the administrator, someone please help!...
  7. Needing to ask for permission on essential applications

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Needing to ask for permission on essential applications: Hello everyone! I am a child using Microsoft Family settings. Recently, I have been discovering Microsoft Family Features being kinda annoying.[ATTACH] As you can tell, this isn't very helpful. Is there a way for Microsoft to blacklist essential applications. Thoughts?...
  8. Administrator and still need permission?

Administrator and still need permission?: I'm utterly confused about the permissions needed. I am the sole user on my pc. Under accounts, is myself only as Admin and password protected...(that's another issue)... I copied a folder from ThisPC/C/Games/Folder and tried to paste it in my E:/ drive, my dvd drive, but I...
  9. Needing an administrator password

Needing an administrator password: Not having an administrator password is causing all the usual problems. On settings I wind up on one account that I use pin.. When I first turn pc on I am already informed that my sign-in/password is wrong but I have not done anything yet. I hit the OK button and 2 accounts...
  10. Need Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need Administrator Permission: I'm trying to replace calc.exe in the System 32 folder with a version from XP, but keep getting a notice that I don't have permission. I'm in as the Administrator, what more do I need to do? Thanks! 46100

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows-10 run as administrator does not work no password prompt