Windows 10: Need advice on compatible M.2 NVME for Gigabyte M. B.

Discus and support Need advice on compatible M.2 NVME for Gigabyte M. B. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all – I have a system that has a Gigabyte B360M DS3H Motherboard. I would like to install a 1TB M.2 2280 NVME card (not a Sata). Crucial doesn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Garyw, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Garyw Win User

Need advice on compatible M.2 NVME for Gigabyte M. B.

Hi all – I have a system that has a Gigabyte B360M DS3H Motherboard. I would like to install a 1TB M.2 2280 NVME card (not a Sata). Crucial doesn’t seem to have anything that is compatible. Amazon has a Gigabyte card here:

Robot Check

but I don’t see anything on the Gigabyte website to verify if this is compatible.

Does anyone out there have this particular M. B. and have any brand large M.2 NVME on it? I'm Running W10 Pro, 1909.

Thanks -

:)

Garyw, Feb 2, 2020

2. about intel optane memory + NVMe™ M.2 SSD

nitially

intel optane memory M10(16,32,64gb)PCIe NVMe M.2 3.0x2 was for accelerating 2.5'SATA mechanical HDD regardless of which generation intel CPUs.

also note :

not talking about Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage (32gb+1tb, 32gb+512gb ,16gb+256gb)PCIe NVMe3.0x4 that comes as a single m.2 drive which is mounted on single m.2 slot

but now why

intel optane memory M15(16,32,64gb)(PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4)is-- paired with --PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSDs {which is mounted on two differnt m.2 slots on 7th ,8th and 9th gen intel CPUs}

what is the purpose

ex: 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + Intel® Optane™ memory 32 GB on (Intel® Core™ i7 9750H) seen from HPs Omen X 2S - 15 Gaming Laptop.

JelittThomas, Feb 2, 2020
  3. How to reinstall windows completely on an m.2 nvme drive

How to reinstall windows completely on an m.2 nvme drive

cclark4379, Feb 2, 2020
  4. worf105 Win User

NVMe M.2 SSD cooling

Thanks doorules, pparks1 and Cliff *Biggrin

Need advice on compatible M.2 NVME for Gigabyte M. B. [​IMG]

Have still got one of these:

But no ideal place to position it to blow directly over the NVMe drive.

More images of Computer layout:

worf105, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Need advice on compatible M.2 NVME for Gigabyte M. B. - Similar Threads - Need advice compatible

2. Need advice on compatible M.2 NVME for Gigabyte M. B.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need advice on compatible M.2 NVME for Gigabyte M. B.: Hi all – I have a system that has a Gigabyte B360M DS3H Motherboard. I would like to install a 1TB M.2 2280 NVME card (not a Sata). Crucial doesn’t seem to have anything that is compatible. Amazon has a Gigabyte card here: Robot Check but I don’t see anything on the...
  3. File Transfer from M.2 Nvme (C:) to SSD (D:) back to M.2 Nvme (C:)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Transfer from M.2 Nvme (C:) to SSD (D:) back to M.2 Nvme (C:): Hello everyone, I recently installed a new SSD to use for storage for my steam library. I was able to successfully transfer all my games without an issue. I was quite eager to free up my M.2 disk that I wanted to see what else I could transfer to my SSD to free up my M.2. I...
  4. Cannot Restore Windows to NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Restore Windows to NVMe M.2 SSD: I've been using my newly-built PC for a few months, but I had to go out of town for six weeks. About two days after I returned, Windows 10 prompted me to update from the April 2018 release before the end of November as support will end by then. So, I selected the update. I...
  5. Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive: Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I installed a Samsung 970...
  6. Partition an M.2 NVMe?

Partition an M.2 NVMe?: Q1: Has anyone here partitioned a M.2 NVMe drive? Q2: What program did you use to do it? I'm playing with a new rig, just set it up, and fired up Partition Wizard 9.1 free bootable and it does not see the drive. It sees my SATA HDD. The NVMe shows up in BIOS. It is raw,...
  7. Windows 10 32bit on M.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 32bit on M.2 NVMe SSD: Hello, Been trying to install Windows 10 32bit on a Samsung M.2 970 EVO NVMe SSD. Enabled the Legacy support in BIOS (UEFI can't be disabled), cleaned and converted the SSD to MBR during installation using Diskpart tool and went forward. Windows reports what it's shown in...
  8. M.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0 array?

M.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0 array?: ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7 LGA 1151 mobo Samsung 960 PRO M.2 NVME PCIe SSDs M.2 drives in M.2 slots 1 and 3 on mobo Can a RAID 0 array be created with the 2 drives? Is it advisable to do so? (I have learned over the years that not everything that CAN be done...
  9. M.2 ssd's

M.2 ssd's: Hi all just to ask I have a asus z170ar I have a intell 520 ssd and just wanted to upgrade to a m.2 and was looking at a samsung nvme m.2 960 evo 500gig or a pro, my mob say it is a m.2 pcie m type. would it fit? 105095
  10. m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    m.2 ssd: Hi all can you clone a ssd to a m.2 ssd, making the m.2 ssd the boot drive? 68728