Windows 10: Need advice on which 1660 Ti card to buy

Discus and support Need advice on which 1660 Ti card to buy in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all. I think I've decided on an upgrade to my GPU. At least, I've decided on the model. But there are so many versions that my head spins. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JohnJSal, May 14, 2019.

1. JohnJSal Win User

Need advice on which 1660 Ti card to buy

Hi all. I think I've decided on an upgrade to my GPU. At least, I've decided on the model. But there are so many versions that my head spins. I'm looking at these below. Can someone explain to me what's so different about them, or if any are better than the others?

Also, how can I be sure my choice is compatible with my motherboard?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814932130

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814932131...

JohnJSal, May 14, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

NVIDIA introduces new GeForce GTX 1660 Ti gaming GPU

Source: New GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Delivers Great Performance Leap for Every Gamer, Starting at $279 | NVIDIA Newsroom

See also: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics Card | NVIDIA

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, May 14, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    usb monitors using graphics card

Hi isaac177,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know the model number of AOC display monitor?
    2. Is this the first time that you are trying to setup the display using HDMI?

You can try to use an adaptor (USB/HDMI or VGA as the card has 3 slots) to connect to monitor. I would also suggest you to get in touch with Nvidia to know more about this as there can be output issues while using adaptors and your Graphic card (GTX
    1660 Ti) might not work as expected.

I suggest you to refer this
    NVidia
    support link, and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 14, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

NVIDIA Turing GeForce GTX 1660 now available worldwide

Source: NVIDIA Turing Now Starts at $219 | The Official NVIDIA Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Need advice on which 1660 Ti card to buy - Similar Threads - Need advice 1660

2. buying SSD ? any advice?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    buying SSD ? any advice?: Hello My SSD, which is Trascend 128GB, bought only two years ago, but it just fails a few days ago. BIOS couldn't detect it. Plugging it to the external case of another computer, it doesn't read it too. Just like any computer doesn't find this drive. I believe it's failed....
  3. NVIDIA introduces new GeForce GTX 1660 Ti gaming GPU

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA introduces new GeForce GTX 1660 Ti gaming GPU: [img] Powered by 12th-Gen Turing Architecture, GTX 1660 Ti up to 3x Faster Than GTX 960, 1.5x Than GTX 1060; Available Today NVIDIA today introduced the GeForce® GTX® 1660 Ti, a new gaming GPU that delivers a big step up in performance and power efficiency for today’s most...
  4. Laptop buying advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop buying advice: I am considering these two laptops for my younger brother who is planning to launch his own youtube channel and want to edit videos. We have a budget constraint of 36000 INR. Which one would be better from the following models? One laptop has a better CPU while the other one...
  5. Need advice: Looking to buy new modem and router for my home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need advice: Looking to buy new modem and router for my home: I'm looking to future proof the networking hardware for my home - but I can't find good recommendations. According to people's reviews (mostly on Amazon), either the modem or router doesn't last long, craps out frequently and requires frequent reboots - or the customer...
  6. Need Some Graphic Card advice

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need Some Graphic Card advice: My pc's cards fan after 4 years just started making a whinning noise I don't know if I could take it out and grease the fan or not but I would rather just get a new card......Say $100 or less....And I'm not a gamer. My pc is a 2013 HP P-6 2400T / Intel 3.1 CPU / 12 gb's...
  7. Network advice needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network advice needed: He is what I have, three computer's on home network,they are hardwired to a Linksys Router. I can share files between them without problems. Have no cable where I live,use a Verizon Hotspot from my phone for internet. I use a Netgear WNDA3100 adapter for a connection. I can...
  8. I need advice on which path to take.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I need advice on which path to take.: Recently I screwed up my system and am backing up all of my partitions before I do anything and following any advice. I was playing around with PhoenixOS. After installing it to the HDD, I discovered that it added a dual boot, which I don't want. After some searching I...
  9. Which 17" Laptop to Buy?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which 17" Laptop to Buy?: OK, I know this has probably been asked before, but as we all know, technology changes from day to day, so . . . My friend wants a new 17" laptop. Ideally it will have a backlit keyboard, but she can live without it. So far, we've found a Lenovo with 4GB RAM and a 1T...
  10. advice on buying a laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    advice on buying a laptop: Hello looking for a laptop, netbook etc....for my wife, for general browsing and basic office work....needs to be 32bit to run money matters..... only other criteria is it must be light as possible....not a glossy screen.....would like something reliable also not...