Windows 10: Need an alternative program to open...

Discus and support Need an alternative program to open... in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I don't have MS Office and I need to find a free program to open a "PSA-.DOC" . Does anyone know of one? I've tried Foxit, but that doesn't do it.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Jacee, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Jacee Win User

Need an alternative program to open...

I don't have MS Office and I need to find a free program to open a "PSA-.DOC" . Does anyone know of one? I've tried Foxit, but that doesn't do it.
    What's throwing me, is the PSA....

:)

Jacee, Dec 12, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 12, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Need an alternative program to open... :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Need an alternative program to open... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Need an alternative program to open... - Similar Threads - Need alternative program

2. Need a script to open a second program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need a script to open a second program.: So when i open up a game exe, i also want it to automatically start up a secondary exe file that gives the gane controller support via xpadder. The game has no native gamepad support, and I don't want to use Steams controller feature. What's a script that can do this?...
  3. Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?: I recently heard about the Avast scandal. Avast allegedly sold millions of user data. I'm not sure if this is true, but to be on the safe side, I decided to uninstall it. Do you know any good alternatives?...
  4. Programs Not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs Not opening: So I Cant open few programs Task manager, Chrome, Pycharm like by pressing ctrl+shift+esc nothing happens - Taskmanager does work when I run it as administrator - Chrome does not open even if I run it on administrator - Pycharm says "Cant find VR files" I have...
  5. Programs not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening: (0xc0150004)error dll is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-not-opening/d55cc4c6-ef2b-4bdb-a003-b2a59ba6ab4f
  6. Alternative (And Free) System imaging and backup programs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alternative (And Free) System imaging and backup programs?: hi, I'm looking for an alternative to windows 7 backup and restore, ive had several problems now with it and I'm pretty sure its going to be depreciated and eventually removed in a future release of windows 10, that and i think my main hdd drive will eventually fail soon, ive...
  7. Teamviewer alternative needs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teamviewer alternative needs: Hi I use Teamviewer on a daily basis between my own computers, but "Teamviewer.com" perceives it as a commercial use, and therefore the connection is automatically closed after a very short time, so that I can not use the remote computer. Searches for names of similar...
  8. Opening a Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening a Program: Hi there everyone! i have a big problem with my PC When i want to open a program (nonsense diamond(its an exploit for a game)) it runs in task manager but its not showing itself in desktop that means the program not showing!!! how can i fix this. this program is kinda...
  9. Need Help Choosing an Alternative to Office365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Need Help Choosing an Alternative to Office365: I send/attach a lot of docs, sheets, etc. to emails but would like an alternative to Word, Excel...Is there a much lighter, comparable office suite, preferring free of charge, that I could download that would accomplish tasks easily and allow other users (my mail recipients)...
  10. Alternate Program directory, all programs missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternate Program directory, all programs missing: Hello, I have a multiple SSD/HD setup in my laptop. My main SSD that I use for the system isn't very large, so I use an alternate directory (not C:\Program Files (x86)) on my secondary SSD to install my programs. Things like Intuit Quickbooks, Office, and other 3rd party...