Windows 10: Need app to create new user

Discus and support Need app to create new user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I'm on windows 10. I need to create a new user, but when I try to do it in Settings > Family & other users I get the message "You need to install... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LucaMonni, Jul 7, 2020.

1. LucaMonni Win User

Need app to create new user

Hi, I'm on windows 10.

I need to create a new user, but when I try to do it in Settings > Family & other users I get the message "You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the Store?".

If I click Yes, in Microsoft Store I get the message "Try that again. Page could not be loaded. Please try again later." "Code: 0x80131500 CV: 2HU/dlhOck2lf4Vo".

I can create a new user via powershell, but I'd like to know what's wrong in Settings.

Thanks.

:)

LucaMonni, Jul 7, 2020
  2. lorne9053 Win User

after creating new user account the app store doesn't work

I have tried this several times with the same result:

create a new user account with local log-in

when returning to my own user account a number of my store apps will not run

none of the suggested fixes help:

• wsreset.exe fails [remote procedure failed]
    • entering several command lines at a system prompt fails [the entered location cannot be found]
    • deleting the newly created user account
    the only way I have found to fix this is to restore the computer to a previous time.

please don't suggest I try a bunch of the usual procedures to fix the store

this is something specifically to do with opening the new user account. is this an known issue?

lorne9053, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Need app to create new user

I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Need app to create new user

1. Need app to create new user - Similar Threads - Need app create

2. New User Created on my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New User Created on my Desktop?: So I noticed this a month ago; I have 2 main users on my computer but now I have a 3rd one titled ' MS ' (I'm assuming this stands for Microsoft). I'm just worried because why is there a new account being created only on my desktop without my notification (I've never ever...
  3. Creating a new user on WIndows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating a new user on WIndows 10: Can someone signpost me to some decent instructions on how to create new users on my laptop using an email address. I tried to do it yesterday and I can indeed log into it from the lock screen but I seem to have created two top level folders called ngwil and...
  4. New user created username.000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New user created username.000: I recently updated to Windows 10 from 7 in January 2020. A new user was created at some point via the update or subsequent updates. My original user name was Mark, now there is a Mark.000, which also happens to contain all my files now. The original Mark user now only...
  5. Create new user on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create new user on desktop: How can one create a new user on a desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-user-on-desktop/a51b28e1-964a-4edb-90a2-c0b73cd123a4
  6. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  7. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  8. Creating new user - Login error ??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating new user - Login error ??: Hi there all... I have what I believe is a commonproblem on my Windows 10 I currently only have 1 user (Admin)... when Icreate a new user, I get the login error.. 'User Profile Can Not beLoaded' A search shows me this is a common error, thereare various fixes shown...
  9. Create new user, no desktop or taskbar

Create new user, no desktop or taskbar: Hi. I'm running W10 pro 64 bit, had Creators Update, ver 10.0.15063. When I create a new user, either using a Microsoft account, or not, when I first log in to as that new user, it takes a very long time, I see the rotating circle of dots, then that goes and I get a black...
  10. Unable to Create New User Account

Unable to Create New User Account: I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808