Windows 10: Need assistance on setting permission for an os migration (SeDebugPrivilege,...

Discus and support Need assistance on setting permission for an os migration (SeDebugPrivilege,... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, How do I set my account to allow for these permissions in order to perform an os migration? SeDebugPrivilege SeRestorePrivilegem... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by williamj78, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Need assistance on setting permission for an os migration (SeDebugPrivilege,...

Hello,

How do I set my account to allow for these permissions in order to perform an os migration?

SeDebugPrivilege

SeRestorePrivilegem

SeSecurityPrivilege

The exact error message from the migration software was:

"This user does not have elevated security privileges for SeDebugPrivilege, SeRestorePrivilegem, and SeSecurityPrivilege."

Thank you.

:)

williamj78, Sep 18, 2019

2. OS Migration

I have a PC that has become very slow at booting up. Sometimes it takes so long to be ready to use, I have to re-boot it again in order for it so be useable at all. It has 2 x 1TB HDDs in it & the one with the OS on it is at about 95% full. So I guess that
    this could be the reason it is so slow to get going.

• Would it improve it at all if I was to migrate the OS onto an SSD?
    • Is it possible to migrate the OS alone to the SSD & leave all the data on the HDD?
    • If it is, what then happens to the OS on the HDD?
    • Also what happens to access to existing data in Windows folders like Documents, music etc?
    So many questions.

This is probably in the wrong section but I couldn't find anything appropriate.

Tim Gosling, Sep 18, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 18, 2019
  4. artemp00 Win User

Need assistance on setting permission for an os migration (SeDebugPrivilege,...

OS migration tools

good idea but I don't want my main system located on a flash stick drive. I just want to have a new clean system and don't spend a lot of time installing all my apps

artemp00, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Need assistance on setting permission for an os migration (SeDebugPrivilege,...

1. Need assistance on setting permission for an os migration (SeDebugPrivilege,... - Similar Threads - Need assistance setting

2. Migration os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migration os: I cloned the os of my laptop on my ssd but i donot kow how to boot from my ssd not from my old hdd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-os/88321ba8-0e8e-4b75-a2a9-314395227da2
  3. fix the SeDebugPrivilege permissions issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix the SeDebugPrivilege permissions issue: hi i am tomer i have win 7 64 bit + sp1 computer with symantec ver 12.1.4112.4156 that is malfuction and i want to remove permnantly i dont wont to fix at cleanwipe of symantec i got an error messgae: "Could not obtain SeDebugPrivilege. Please ensure current user/group...
  4. fix the SeDebugPrivilege permissions issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fix the SeDebugPrivilege permissions issue: hi i am tomer i have win 7 64 bit + sp1 computer with symantec ver 12.1.4112.4156 that is malfuction and i want to remove permnantly i dont wont to fix at cleanwipe of symantec i got an error messgae: "Could not obtain SeDebugPrivilege. Please ensure current user/group...
  5. Migration Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migration Assistant: When trying to run Migration Assistant it says that I have Mail running although I have unpinned and shut anything running down. How can I get this program to run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-assistant/772da610-a598-4233-9d99-6593231dc706
  6. Migration Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migration Assistant: When trying to run Migration Assistant it says that I have Mail running although I have unpinned and shut anything running down. How can I get this program to run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-assistant/772da610-a598-4233-9d99-6593231dc706
  7. Migration Assistant

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Migration assistant

in Windows 10 Customization
    Migration assistant: I am not able to install migration assistant on my Windows 10 computer. I keep getting the message that I need to close down Edge but it is not open. I have installed and uninstalled migration assistant many times including shutting down my computer and restarting it...
  9. OS Migration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS Migration: I have a PC that has become very slow at booting up. Sometimes it takes so long to be ready to use, I have to re-boot it again in order for it so be useable at all. It has 2 x 1TB HDDs in it & the one with the OS on it is at about 95% full. So I guess that this cold be the...
  10. os migration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    os migration: hi I have a gaming pc with 3 ssd slots. I am purchasing a new faster ssd but I am still going to use the old ssd on the same pc. is it possible to transfer the operating system files to the faster ssd as well as the apps, games ect. can all this be done with out loosing any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you shut down edge to migrate a mac

2. sedebugprivilege add windows 10

3. windows to mac problems edge drror

4. migration assisstant says edge is open. It is not. have,
  5. This user does not have elevated security privileges for SeDebugPrivilege SeRestorePrivilegem and SeSecurityPrivilege.