Windows 10: need audio driver for Gateway MX series laptop

Discus and support need audio driver for Gateway MX series laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am looking for the audio driver for the Gateway MX series laptop for windows 10 version 1909. I believe it is the Realtek AC'97 one. Everything else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brian1230, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Brian1230 Win User

need audio driver for Gateway MX series laptop

I am looking for the audio driver for the Gateway MX series laptop for windows 10 version 1909. I believe it is the Realtek AC'97 one. Everything else seems to work just fine on this dinosaur of a laptop and works much better than my newer netbook. If we actually get the $600 stimulus check, I may get a new laptop, not sure yet though and do not trust this government to actually send it. I did not belive the $1200 one until I actually got it. if we were in Denmark or Tokyo I would trust it but with this government..... until I actually see it, I do not trust any of it.

:)

Brian1230, Jan 1, 2021

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Dacur Win User
    HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

Dacur, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

1. need audio driver for Gateway MX series laptop - Similar Threads - need audio driver

2. Looking for drivers for my windows xp gateway laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for drivers for my windows xp gateway laptop.: So i've been looking for a driver for 'Multimedia Audio Controller' for my windows xp laptop. Closest results i found gave me links to a website that no longer existed. I got error 28 when trying to diagnose the problem, and most games i've been playing either don't work or...
  3. Looking for drivers for my windows xp gateway laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for drivers for my windows xp gateway laptop.: So i've been looking for a driver for 'Multimedia Audio Controller' for my windows xp laptop. Closest results i found gave me links to a website that no longer existed. I got error 28 when trying to diagnose the problem, and most games i've been playing either don't work or...
  4. Gateway laptop stuck on gateway screen help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gateway laptop stuck on gateway screen help: My Gateway laptop was running on windows 10. Windows ran some updates. Its now unable to get passed the Gateway screen.In bios I tried disabling csm supportdisabling secure boot modechanging the boot order to prioritize the usbI have tried using windows 10 creating bootable...
  5. Gateway laptop stuck on gateway screen help

Gateway laptop stuck on gateway screen help: My Gateway laptop was running on windows 10. Windows ran some updates. Its now unable to get passed the Gateway screen.In bios I tried disabling csm supportdisabling secure boot modechanging the boot order to prioritize the usbI have tried using windows 10 creating bootable...
  6. Gateway laptop stuck on gateway screen help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows gateway laptop

Windows gateway laptop: Hii hello!! Can anyone, someone PLEASE help me?! My microphone is like gone or missing, it’s still installed but it can’t hear me at all.. It says my microphone is the default microphone but it will not work on zoom or for my college lockdown browser when recording. I’ve...
  8. Need new audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need new audio drivers: Yesterday I was listening to something on my laptop and then it didn't work again after that. It says that my drivers weren't working properly, so I uninstalled them. Windows did not automatically reinstall. I need a reliable source for new audio drivers please....
  9. Can't access sd card drive on Gateway NE71B laptop series, Windows 10

Can't access sd card drive on Gateway NE71B laptop series, Windows 10: Unable to access sd card drive on Gateway NE71B laptop series, Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cant-access-sd-card-drive-on-gateway-ne71b-laptop/3ff359a5-4320-455c-ba99-cce695b8d7e1
  10. Battery for an old Gateway Laptop M series 6323

Battery for an old Gateway Laptop M series 6323: Would appreciate some assistance. Have a Gateway battery SQU-715 11.1V 4800mAh that needs replaced. Found several with 11.1V 5200mAh. Are the 5200mAh an overkill for my laptop? Thanks 97517