Windows 10: Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.

Discus and support Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alphanumeric, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.

My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In Windows 8.1 I could manually install the driver and it all worked fine. When I run the driver in Windows 10 it just reports no HD device found. So right now I have no sound. I've looked around the VIA site but its hateful. It's like they went out of their way to make it near impossible to find what you want or actually download a driver. I'm going to try the driver I have one more time while I wait for replies, thanks in advance for any help.

:)

alphanumeric, Oct 2, 2014
  2. Mesmashh Win User

Windows 10 & microphone

Here is the solution to the problem, This is the updated audio drivers for the VT2021 audio for the z77x-d3h, or if your audio chip is VIA HD Audio codec VT1705, VT1708S, VT1828S, VT2021, VT1802P, VT1802S.

http://download.viatech.com/DriverDownloadSubmitAjaxSvl

It's a little bit of a pain to install them,

1. remove your old audio drivers from "add and remove programs"

(Restart)

2. Go to device manger (File explore -> right click "this PC" -> properties -> Device manger -> sound, video and game controllers, -> right click audio driver -> update drivers -> Browse my computer for driver software (Where ever you saved and extracted your
    audio file, should be "mb_driver_audio_via_w10")

3. Install drivers per normal, Open mb_driver_audio_via_w10, Click setup follow instruction on screen.

(Restart)

4. enjoy!

Mesmashh, Oct 2, 2014
  3. Windows 10 VIA HD Audio Driver still flawed - 6.0.11.800

dump windows 10 and goto windows7, you will need origanal install disc

Pete AnimalRowe, Oct 2, 2014
  4. Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.

On the second try it worked? Actually I think it was the third try, as I'm almost positive I tried it twice last night. Anyway, it's working now so I marked this as solved.

alphanumeric, Oct 2, 2014
  5. CountMike New Member
    Another reason I don't like working while sleepy. Have seen problems with VIA Codec chips on like MBs even with W7 and W8.

CountMike, Oct 5, 2014
  6. I've had some issues with this onboard sound on this motherboard. Drop outs while playing mp3's etc. A driver update fixed it, but finding the driver was a major pain in the but. I went back to Windows 8.1 on this PC and all appears to be good at this point.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.

1. Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio. - Similar Threads - Need audio driver

2. VIA audio drivers don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIA audio drivers don't work: no matter what i do the specified audio drivers for my h61m-hvs motherboard don't seem to work. it used to work earlier ,but since formatting my SSD, I can't make the audio drivers work for my pc. I tried reinstalling and updating them they don't work, I've tried to download...
  3. VIA audio drivers don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIA audio drivers don't work: no matter what i do the specified audio drivers for my h61m-hvs motherboard don't seem to work. it used to work earlier ,but since formatting my SSD, I can't make the audio drivers work for my pc. I tried reinstalling and updating them they don't work, I've tried to download...
  4. VIA audio drivers don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. realtek audio drivers for asus onboard sound

realtek audio drivers for asus onboard sound: How can I roll back the insider updates past the point where they stopped supporting Realtek hd audio. I have an asus mother board that runs sonic 3 sound interface that requires Realtek drivers to be installed. I have installed dozens of oldest to newest driver to no avail....
  6. Onboard Audio issues

Onboard Audio issues: Hi there, I just purchased an asrock z170 extreme4 and I am having issues with getting the onboard audio working. My setup isn't detecting the sound card in device manager and I can't figure out why. The only audio device coming up is that of my graphics card. I'll try...
  7. VIA Audio driver FIX

VIA Audio driver FIX: Hi there From the insider forum Cliff S (Thanks) referred to this Fix seems to work finally for me ....(from the site) Open Playback Devices Right-click the output device (in my case, "Speakers") and set as Default Device. Select the device, and click on the...
  8. Onboard Audio does not work

Onboard Audio does not work: Hello, I've just started having this issue since I did a fresh install of Windows 10, it seems like the onboard audio doesn't work, the rear audio jacks don't work and nor do the front, no matter what headphones I use, still no luck, all my drivers are upto date and the...
  9. VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers!

VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers!: VIA Audio has updated their drivers as of 8/18/2015. They previously did not have any released for Windows 10 yet, these solved some problems I was having with VT 2021 codec! VIA Vinyl Audio - VIA Technologies, Inc. 17551
  10. Realtek HD Audio onboard audio not displaying at all

Realtek HD Audio onboard audio not displaying at all: Hello! After upgrading to windows 10 I was going through my Audio settings, I had noticed that the HD Audio from my motherboard both front and rear jacks are not displayed at all in the device manager nor the audio tab in control panel - it's as if they dont exist. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. VIA Audio VT1708 Onboard

2. via vt1708s 6-channel hd audio windows 10

3. VIA VT1708S 6-Channel HD Audio not detected device manager

4. via hd audio 64 bit driver