Windows 10: need backup and recovery help

Discus and support need backup and recovery help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to reinstall my oswindows 10.and I have some very big software like each are 3-4 gb. so is there any way to backup them and recover after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanjay kumar meena, Mar 26, 2020.

1. need backup and recovery help

I want to reinstall my oswindows 10.and I have some very big software like each are 3-4 gb. so is there any way to backup them and recover after reinstallation the windows.plz help me to take backup the installed software because now I don't have that much data to download that softwares.

:)

sanjay kumar meena, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Data backup and recovery help thread

We get heaps of threads on this, so lets make a nice organised list of programs people can use for backing up, restoring, and recovering data.

For a quick start to this, some pointers.

1. If you formatted a drive and did NOT write to it, recovery is possible. If you installed any data over it (such as windows, or copying files to it) then you need to restore a backup, or accept that you will have lost some, most, or all of your data.

2. Backups are not perfect - for example, a virus that killed your machine could also be in your backup. try and backup your important data first, not your operating system and useless files - and store it in more than one place if possible (for example, an external hard drive AND on DVD)

Now to the programs:

Free Data recovery software
    Piriform Recuva - Highly recommended by TPU users, myself included.

The following were listed by 95viper in another thread, i dont know if he's reccomending them or just listed them.
    Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier A nice one.*Smile need backup and recovery help :)
    UNDELETE 360
    Free File Recovery 1.1
    Glary Undelete
    UndeletePlus[/QUOTE]

Paid Data recovery software

Free backup/restore software

Paid backup/restore software
    Acronis True Image Home
    Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 2011 (Paid)[/QUOTE]

please people, help me fill in the blanks so i can request this to get stickied. *Smile need backup and recovery help :)

Mussels, Mar 26, 2020
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Mar 26, 2020
  4. need backup and recovery help

Data backup and recovery help thread

When people use the SEARCH function on TPU, we need to make sure this thread appears. Therefore here is a string of tags. I hope it helps the vBulletin search function.

HELP
    LOST FILES
    RECOVER RECOVERY
    DELETE DELETED FILE
    UNDELETE
    FORMAT FORMATTED UNFORMAT
    FIND SEARCH DISCOVER
    GET BACK RECYCLE BIN SAVE BACKUP
    ACCIDENT ACCIDENTALLY IDIOT GEEK SQUAD
    FLOPPY HARD DISK DRIVE HDD SSD PARTITION

For Mussels OP
    Free Backup software
    Cobian Backup
    COMODO Backup
    MS SyncToy Sync Toy
    rsync

Free for limited use applications
    Syncrify
    Delta Copy

Completely Bonkers, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

need backup and recovery help

1. need backup and recovery help - Similar Threads - need backup recovery

2. New Laptop Not backup Recovery Key. I need Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Not backup Recovery Key. I need Help: I can't log into my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-not-backup-recovery-key-i-need-help/06a1682d-455b-4319-a581-0bd20756961c
  3. New Laptop Not backup Recovery Key. I need Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop Not backup Recovery Key. I need Help: I can't log into my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-not-backup-recovery-key-i-need-help/06a1682d-455b-4319-a581-0bd20756961c
  4. Need help with account recovery

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need help with account recovery: Hello, recently i tried to play minecraft using my microsoft account which i had migrated my mojang account to, but when i opened the launcher i was prompted to login to my account, i tried to do that however i got a text prompt telling me the account doesn't exist, so i did...
  5. Need help with account recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with account recovery: Hello, recently i tried to play minecraft using my microsoft account which i had migrated my mojang account to, but when i opened the launcher i was prompted to login to my account, i tried to do that however i got a text prompt telling me the account doesn't exist, so i did...
  6. Need help with account recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Need help with recovery usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with recovery usb: I was creating a recovery usb using sandisk cruzer blade 8 gb usb but the recovery creation process failed abruptly and now the drive is write protected with some boot files present in it. Tried all the conventional methods to no avail, so if anyone could help! submitted by...
  8. Need help with Windows 10 System Image Backup / Recovery / Repair

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need help with Windows 10 System Image Backup / Recovery / Repair: This is a 2-part issue that I am having with Windows 10 built-in System Image backup/restore. I am running Windows 10 Pro (1909) x64. OS Build is: 18363.535. Problem 1: System Repair Disc Issue 1) After upgrading from Windows 10 version 1903 to 1909, I created a new...
  9. Need help with Windows 10 System Image Backup / Recovery / Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with Windows 10 System Image Backup / Recovery / Repair: This is a 2-part issue that I am having with Windows 10 built-in System Image backup/restore. I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909 x64. OS Build is: 18363.535. Problem 1: System Repair Disc Issue 1 After upgrading from Windows 10 version 1903 to 1909, I created a new Bootable...
  10. Serious Help Needed. Recovery needed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious Help Needed. Recovery needed.: A Senior MS Tech I was working with said he wanted to reinstall windows 10 version 1809 because after 4 MS updates, that is after the 4th MS update, MS Edge quits working and will not start. This is the fourth tech and the 2nd senior tech I have had to work with. The...