Windows 10: Need Backup & Sync Desktop Client with Certain Characteristics

Discus and support Need Backup & Sync Desktop Client with Certain Characteristics in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm looking for a Windows 10 compatible desktop backup and sync app that has the following characteristics: (1) Google Drive: Can backup files to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pluviosilla, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Need Backup & Sync Desktop Client with Certain Characteristics

I'm looking for a Windows 10 compatible desktop backup and sync app that has the following characteristics:

(1) Google Drive: Can backup files to Google Drive (My Computer)

(2) One-way Copying: Allows me to configure the backup app to specify one-way copying. I do not want the backup app to modify the contents of my computer disc driver *ever*. In other words, if I add or remove files on my computer, I want the backup software to add or reomve files on Google Drive, but if I add or remove files directly on Google Drive, the backup software should do **nothing** on my computer.

(3) User-friendly: Easy-to-use drag and drop interface.

(4) Maps Folder Hierarchy: I do not want to sync contents of a single "sync folder". I want to specify any combination of folders on my machine and have the backup software both copy the files in those folders to Google Drive *and* duplicate the hierarchy of subfolders under the folder I choose to backup.

Are there any packages on the market capable of doing all these things?

Thanks.

:)

pluviosilla, Jul 23, 2020

2. Need Backup & Sync Desktop Client with Certain Characteristics

I'm looking for a Windows 10 compatible desktop backup and sync app that has the following characteristics:

(1) Google Drive: Can backup files to Google Drive
    (2) One-way Copying: Allows me to specify one-way copying. I do not want the backup app to modify the contents of my computer disc drives under any circumstances. In other words, if I add or remove files on my computer, I want the backup software to add or remove files on Google Drive, but if I add or remove files on Google Drive, the backup software should do **nothing** on my computer.
    (4) Maps Folder Hierarchy: I do not want to sync contents of a single "sync folder". I want to specify any combination of folders on my machine and have the backup software duplicate the folder hierarchy on Google Drive.

Is there anything like that on the market?

Thanks.

pluviosilla, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Need Backup & Sync Desktop Client with Certain Characteristics

(1) Google Drive: Can backup files to Google Drive (My Computer)

(2) One-way Copying: Allows me to configure the backup app to specify one-way copying. I do not want the backup app to modify the contents of my computer disc driver *ever*. In other words, if I add or remove files on my computer, I want the backup software to add or reomve files on Google Drive, but if I add or remove files directly on Google Drive, the backup software should do **nothing** on my computer.

(4) Maps Folder Hierarchy: I do not want to sync contents of a single "sync folder". I want to specify any combination of folders on my machine and have the backup software both copy the files in those folders to Google Drive *and* duplicate the hierarchy of subfolders under the folder I choose to backup.

Are there any packages on the market capable of doing all these things?

Thanks.

pluviosilla, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Need Backup & Sync Desktop Client with Certain Characteristics

Need Backup & Sync Desktop Client with Certain Characteristics

That's why I'm posting here asking around to see if there is a program that does everything I want. Google's Backup & Sync will modify your machine. I hate that. It's free, but it's just too light weight and lacks configuration options.

pluviosilla, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Need Backup & Sync Desktop Client with Certain Characteristics

1. Need Backup & Sync Desktop Client with Certain Characteristics - Similar Threads - Need Backup Sync

2. Desktop sync/ backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop sync/ backup: I use my account on my home and office computers. Some desktop shortcuts aren't on my home PC that are on my home PC and vice versa. I don't want my two PC's intermingling the shortcuts, so I turn off the desktop backup and stop the sync, but it always seems to be turning...
  3. Desktop sync/ backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop sync/ backup: I use my account on my home and office computers. Some desktop shortcuts aren't on my home PC that are on my home PC and vice versa. I don't want my two PC's intermingling the shortcuts, so I turn off the desktop backup and stop the sync, but it always seems to be turning...
  4. Backup certain files from my Desktop on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup certain files from my Desktop on OneDrive: My university gives me OneDrive Business with 1TB storage.I want to backup specific directories from my Desktop to OneDrive, not the whole Desktop.So I go into the settings of OneDrive.Then I click Manage Backup...Why there are only 3 options here? It's too obvious that...
  5. Backup certain files from my Desktop on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup certain files from my Desktop on OneDrive: My university gives me OneDrive Business with 1TB storage.I want to backup specific directories from my Desktop to OneDrive, not the whole Desktop.So I go into the settings of OneDrive.Then I click Manage Backup...Why there are only 3 options here? It's too obvious that...
  6. Backup certain files from my Desktop on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder?: Hey guys, I am loving the OneDrive feature and my subscription that allows me to backup all my data on my username without worrying to lose data whenever I format my hard drive. But I seem to be having one problem with this OneDrive feature and it's that I do not know how...
  8. Syncing only certain desktop files between computers on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing only certain desktop files between computers on OneDrive: I recently bought a laptop running Windows 10, and am trying to set up OneDrive backup between it and my desktop computer at home. I am trying to set it up so that some desktop files are synced and backed up between devices on OneDrive, but some aren't. E.g. I want my music...
  9. need help troubleshooting Work Folders sync failure on client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need help troubleshooting Work Folders sync failure on client: Work Folders fails to sync for one of our users on a new computer running Windows 10 Pro (1809). The WorkFolders Operational log shows the progression of events below. #4 occurs within a minute of signing in. After #4 occurs the memory used by the WorkFolders process grows...
  10. Backup and Sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Sync: Backup and sync is not working with the Microsoft photo app. The problem is somewhat random in that it syncs unedited photos, but not the edited versions. (This problem does not go with any of the offered topics)....