Windows 10: Need Clarification about Win 10 1607 Enterprise Security updates

Discus and support Need Clarification about Win 10 1607 Enterprise Security updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We still have a few machines that we have not been able to upgrade from 1607 for various reasons (low disk space, incompatible app, users working from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mike.McGuire, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Need Clarification about Win 10 1607 Enterprise Security updates

We still have a few machines that we have not been able to upgrade from 1607 for various reasons (low disk space, incompatible app, users working from home, etc).

Maybe it's the way I'm reading this, but I'm a little confused about whether or not we will be able to actually get security updates for 1607 after this month.

Looking at the update page for Win 10 1607 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4489889/windows-10-update-kb4489889) it says ( I bolded the items of interest):

Reminder: March 12th and April 9th will be the last two Delta updates for Windows 10, version 1607. Security and quality updates will continue to be available via the express and full cumulative update packages. For more information on this change please visit our blog.

And right below that:

IMPORTANT: Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education editions will receive additional servicing at no cost until April 9, 2019 .

Up until today, I thought all updates for 1607 Enterprise just stopped after this month, but it almost appears (according to the first statement) that we might still be able to get them through Full and Express downloads.

We use SCCM and it downloads the full files each month. Does that mean we will still be able to get Security updates for 1607 Enterprise? If so, how long will we be able to get them for?

Can someone clear this up for me?

:)

Mike.McGuire, Apr 8, 2019

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Win 10 1607 update

I did not even pay attention to this update until now.
    Just checked my update log and discovered at least 10 failed attempts to install it.
    Checking for updates manually showed that I'm up to date, though.

Now I simply downloaded an upgrade tool from MS and few minutes later it is already at 82%.

silentbogo, Apr 8, 2019
  4. kk60 Win User

Need Clarification about Win 10 1607 Enterprise Security updates

Win 10 Enterprise 1607 Auto Updates on Domain w/GP

I have a new system with a fresh install of Win 10 Enterprise 1607 (x64) that is connected to a domain with a group policy to NOT automatically download and install updates. The existing Win 10 Enterprise 1511 systems display the heading "Some settings are managed by your organization." (in red) on the Windows Update setting page. The new system does not display this heading (on that page.) It doesn't look like there was any problem downloading the group policies. Other setting pages that have this heading with the 1511 installs also have the heading with the 1607 install - just not the Windows Update page.

*really

I do NOT want Win 10 to update itself without my say-so. This group policy was supposed to be maintained and adhered to with Win 10 Enterprise. Any ideas or pointers to references/resources would be greatly appreciated.

kk60, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Need Clarification about Win 10 1607 Enterprise Security updates

1. Need Clarification about Win 10 1607 Enterprise Security updates - Similar Threads - Need Clarification 1607

2. update win 10 pro to win 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update win 10 pro to win 10 enterprise: how do I update win 10 pro to win 10 enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-win-10-pro-to-win-10-enterprise/eb8181f1-c57b-45c4-aedd-ff7fee26ea14
  3. Clarification about Windows.old

Clarification about Windows.old: Hello, I replaced the HDD on my dad's laptop to an SSD with a fresh install of Windows 10 yesterday. After inserting the SSD, I saw that the windows.old folder had pretty much all of the important files backed up from my dad's old hard drive. I have heard that windows.old...
  4. I need some clarification about digital licenses and reactivation.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need some clarification about digital licenses and reactivation.: I'm looking to wipe my Win10 installation but would like to have the option to reinstall it in the future if necessary. I've checked this sub-Reddit and Google to try to find detailed info about the Win10 digital licenses but aside from the very general responses of "Yes. It...
  5. Need some clarification about WSUS server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need some clarification about WSUS server: After reading lots of articles I need still clarification about some basic facts: At first: There is a "normal" built-in Windows Updates service available in ALL Win10 versions. Beside this "basic" update mechanism there is a so called "WSUS" service. This is a separate...
  6. Need some clarification about WSUS server

Need some clarification about WSUS server: After reading lots of articles I need still clarification about some basic facts: At first: There is a "normal" built-in Windows Updates service available in ALL Win10 versions. Beside this "basic" update mechanism there is a so called "WSUS" service. This is a separate...
  7. Win 10 1607, is it needed?

Win 10 1607, is it needed?: I'm using Win 10 on a PC, I mostly do video and photo editing and viewing, and the general internet browse. Is 1607 anything special, is it needed for future updates or is it more specific to touch screen users and the like? I'm new to 10, upgraded from 7, liked XP more as it...
  8. Win 10 Enterprise 1607 Auto Updates on Domain w/GP

Win 10 Enterprise 1607 Auto Updates on Domain w/GP: I have a new system with a fresh install of Win 10 Enterprise 1607 (x64) that is connected to a domain with a group policy to NOT automatically download and install updates. The existing Win 10 Enterprise 1511 systems display the heading "Some settings are managed by your...
  9. Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise ISO Anniversary Update 1607

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise ISO Anniversary Update 1607: Hi guys, does anyone know have a link to get Windows 10 Enterprise ISO Anniversary Update 1607 (preferably EN-GB). 79792
  10. Need a bit of clarification on windows 10 (1511 Update)

in Windows 10 Support
    Need a bit of clarification on windows 10 (1511 Update): Hi...*Sad I have three PC's all running windows 10/64 bit... Two of them were running (Build 10525) this PC's auto downloaded the windows 10 update a while back and are curentley running (Version 1511 OS Build 10586.36)... The one I am having a problem with is running...