Windows 10: Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender

Discus and support Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, I was looking into the MPlogs of Windows Defender & I came across this events:- 2019-11-14T08:57:40.258Z [Mini-filter] Unsuccessful scan... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Balaji R98, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender

Hi All,

I was looking into the MPlogs of Windows Defender & I came across this events:-

2019-11-14T08:57:40.258Z [Mini-filter] Unsuccessful scan status: \Drive\sap\dev_krnlreg. Process: (unknown), Status: 0xc000004b, State: 0, ScanRequest #1669368, FileId: 0x1000000074830, Reason: OnClose, IoStatusBlockForNewFile: 0x3, DesiredAccess:0x0, FileAttributes:0x20, ScanAttributes:0x10, AccessStateFlags:0x1, BackingFileInfo: 0x0, 0x0, 0x0:0\0x0:0

2019-11-14T09:11:46.481Z Task(GetDeviceTicket -AccessKey (<Keyvalue>) ) launched as network service

2019-11-14T09:11:46.511Z [Cloud] SubmitReport(CMpHeartbeatSpyNetReportContext - Force), ShouldSendEvenOnPaidNetworks: 1

2019-11-14T09:11:46.511Z [Cloud] Start of cloud request.

2019-11-14T09:11:46.511Z [Cloud] Queued cloud request.

2019-11-14T09:11:46.511Z [Cloud] Dequeued cloud request.

2019-11-14T09:11:46.511Z [Cloud] RpcSpynetQueueGenerateReport(). hr = 0x0

2019-11-14T09:11:46.766Z [Cloud] MpEngineParseSpyNetResponse(). hr = 0x0

2019-11-14T09:11:46.766Z [Cloud] End of cloud request.

Can you please let me know what was being done in the below step?

2019-11-14T08:57:40.258Z [Mini-filter] Unsuccessful scan status: \Drive\sap\dev_krnlreg. Process: (unknown), Status: 0xc000004b, State: 0, ScanRequest #1669368, FileId: 0x1000000074830, Reason: OnClose, IoStatusBlockForNewFile: 0x3, DesiredAccess:0x0, FileAttributes:0x20, ScanAttributes:0x10, AccessStateFlags:0x1, BackingFileInfo: 0x0, 0x0, 0x0:0\0x0:0

:)

Balaji R98, Nov 14, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User

BST forum rule clarification

Just for the record, I only suggested the clarification because suggesting everyone has a basic grasp of english simply is not true.

R-T-B, Nov 14, 2019
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender

1. Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Need clarification logs

2. Daily briefing cortana need an explanation ,clarification

in Cortana
    Daily briefing cortana need an explanation ,clarification: Hi Support,All the users are getting individuall email about daily briefing of cortana email. I don't know how it is automatically got enabled and sending email to users.How to disable it so that it should not send email to user.Awaiting for your reply at the...
  3. Stuttering audio, need clarification of recent posts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuttering audio, need clarification of recent posts: Image shows profile of my older PC. Recent upgrade to Win10pro seemed to bring on severe audio stuttering. Whether from sound file on disc or from Web. I use only Bluetooth audio. Headphones and a n Oontz Angle. I am truly "snowed" by the audio jargon. I know my way around...
  4. Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification: I need to understand what restrictions apply to an OEM license on a purchased computer. I can see that it is for one computer only and locked to the motherboard or a computer configuration. What kinds of changes to the system would or would not invalidate the OEM license?...
  5. Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows: See, I want to do a clean reinstall of Windows on my laptop. My laptop has two storage devices, a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Windows is installed on the SSD. My question is, if I select the [Clean Install] option for reinstalling Windows from an Installation Media, will it...
  6. Need clarification for Windows Age restriction

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need clarification for Windows Age restriction: I am setting up Child account in Windows. I selected 'Allowed apps and games for 12 years Old' [ATTACH] I was expected they will show me all Apps / Games under the age 12 but while I checked it shows me allowed items as 12 years and up. I don't understand why do they...
  7. Need some clarification about WSUS server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some clarification about WSUS server: After reading lots of articles I need still clarification about some basic facts: At first: There is a "normal" built-in Windows Updates service available in ALL Win10 versions. Beside this "basic" update mechanism there is a so called "WSUS" service. This is a separate...
  8. Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...: I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 using the free upgrade. Windows 10 on both of my machines have the this license. [img] If I upgrade, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, and Video Card, Will windows 10 reactivate or am I going to have to buy a new license key...Thanks......
  9. Windows 10 Clarification

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clarification: Hi , Could someone just help me i`m i bit confused 1...I have got the upgrade icon and have done whats needed to up from 7 to 10 ,will i get (or be able to download) a hard copy of my OS for future use 2... I have also got build 10130 on my desktop will that upgraded to...
  10. Need a bit of clarification on windows 10 (1511 Update)

in Windows 10 Support
    Need a bit of clarification on windows 10 (1511 Update): Hi...*Sad I have three PC's all running windows 10/64 bit... Two of them were running (Build 10525) this PC's auto downloaded the windows 10 update a while back and are curentley running (Version 1511 OS Build 10586.36)... The one I am having a problem with is running...