Windows 10: Need clarification on OEM Win 10 activation for new owner of my old PC.

Discus and support Need clarification on OEM Win 10 activation for new owner of my old PC. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Have a new PC on way and am selling my old acer predator with OEM Win 10 to a work colleague. I understand how to do the reset and how to deactivate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Drewxyz, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Drewxyz Win User

Need clarification on OEM Win 10 activation for new owner of my old PC.

Have a new PC on way and am selling my old acer predator with OEM Win 10 to a work colleague. I understand how to do the reset and how to deactivate the digital licence from my MS account. i just want to be sure that after doing that my colleague will be able to start up, use his MS details as the new owner and that Win 10 will activate, and i assume create a digital licence for him as it is linked to the computer ?

:)

Drewxyz, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Drewxyz Win User

Have a new PC on way and am selling my old acer predator with OEM Win 10 to a work colleague. I understand how to do the reset and how to deactivate the digital licence from my MS account. i just want to be sure that after doing that my colleague will
    be able to start up, use his MS details as the new owner and that Win 10 will activate, and i assume create a digital licence for him as it is linked to the computer ?

Drewxyz, Jun 26, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User

Hi Drewxyz

OEM licencing is tied to the PC, not the user who owns the device . . .

Your procedure is correct and your friend will have no problem with Windows 10 activation or licencing

Your colleague needs to create their own user profile on that PC which is attached to their Microsoft account, then log into their Microsoft Account -
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

They will be asked if they want to add that device to their account, and ownership will transfer to them, it may not happen straight away, but it will happen . ..

DaveM121, Jun 26, 2019
  4. BobZ2 Win User

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Need clarification on OEM Win 10 activation for new owner of my old PC. - Similar Threads - Need clarification OEM

2. Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer: Hello. I have windows 10, a bought OEM licence. In settings under 'activation' it says 'is 'activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account.' So, will I be able to install & activate my windows 10 on a NEW computer? I was told I won't, but if I have it...
  3. Need Clarification about Win 10 1607 Enterprise Security updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Clarification about Win 10 1607 Enterprise Security updates: We still have a few machines that we have not been able to upgrade from 1607 for various reasons (low disk space, incompatible app, users working from home, etc). Maybe it's the way I'm reading this, but I'm a little confused about whether or not we will be able to...
  4. Reset PC for new owner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset PC for new owner: I have an HP Stream Model 14-axo12ds that is running Windows 10 x64 bit. Although I have removed every app and all stored data, I am still 2 GB short of being able to perform a complete reset. I have attached an external Seagate 2TB drive that I has a partition of 1TB...
  5. I need help to activate my Win 10..

I need help to activate my Win 10..: im trying to activate my pc but im lost help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-activate-my-win-10/0b05e30f-a3c9-4aac-905a-28f54a510d6e
  6. New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate)

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate): Last week I purchased a new computer pre-installed with Windows 10. After installing applications I needed (including an extra purchase of Office 365), I set the system to my preferred power settings, which are to never turn off the monitors and never shut the system down,...
  7. New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate): Last week I purchased a new computer pre-installed with Windows 10. After installing applications I needed (including an extra purchase of Office 365), I set the system to my preferred power settings, which are to never turn off the monitors and never shut the system down,...
  8. Move an activated Windows 10 to new owner - How to?

Move an activated Windows 10 to new owner - How to?: I have inherited a laptop with an activated windows 10 Home. Now I want to delete the dead owners account, and put myself as admin of this laptop. But how do I do that? The license for this windows 10 is tied to his Microsoft account? Is it possible to move this digital...
  9. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC

I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC: Hello, HP ENVY laptop. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key because my Windows 10 is not activated anymore. There is no sticker on my PC and I cannot access the battery. I tried my friend "Windows 10 PRO" activation key and now my HP envy laptop is not...
  10. Pc v owner --PC winning

Pc v owner --PC winning: Trying to update to Win 10 per Microsoft offer byr after 5/6 attempts where all goes well each time for the approx 90mins download sequence I receive this message and a "try again" prompt Is 10 worth the effort members or/ do I just submit and stay with 7 / or save files...