Windows 10: Need clarification on OEM Win 10 activation for new owner of my old PC.

Discus and support Need clarification on OEM Win 10 activation for new owner of my old PC. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Have a new PC on way and am selling my old acer predator with OEM Win 10 to a work colleague. I understand how to do the reset and how to deactivate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Drewxyz, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Drewxyz Win User

Need clarification on OEM Win 10 activation for new owner of my old PC.

Have a new PC on way and am selling my old acer predator with OEM Win 10 to a work colleague. I understand how to do the reset and how to deactivate the digital licence from my MS account. i just want to be sure that after doing that my colleague will be able to start up, use his MS details as the new owner and that Win 10 will activate, and i assume create a digital licence for him as it is linked to the computer ?

:)

Drewxyz, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Drewxyz Win User

Have a new PC on way and am selling my old acer predator with OEM Win 10 to a work colleague. I understand how to do the reset and how to deactivate the digital licence from my MS account. i just want to be sure that after doing that my colleague will
    be able to start up, use his MS details as the new owner and that Win 10 will activate, and i assume create a digital licence for him as it is linked to the computer ?

Drewxyz, Jun 26, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User

Hi Drewxyz

OEM licencing is tied to the PC, not the user who owns the device . . .

Your procedure is correct and your friend will have no problem with Windows 10 activation or licencing

Your colleague needs to create their own user profile on that PC which is attached to their Microsoft account, then log into their Microsoft Account -
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

They will be asked if they want to add that device to their account, and ownership will transfer to them, it may not happen straight away, but it will happen . ..

DaveM121, Jun 26, 2019
  4. BobZ2 Win User

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Need clarification on OEM Win 10 activation for new owner of my old PC. - Similar Threads - Need clarification OEM

2. New PC, old drive. Will Win 11 activate ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC, old drive. Will Win 11 activate ?: My old OEM branded PC died just out of Warranty and I replaced it with an exact model with exact specs specs.. Rather than go through setup I want to simply install my old drive into the new PC. Will Windows 11 activate if I do this....
  3. New PC, old drive. Will Win 11 activate ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC, old drive. Will Win 11 activate ?: My old OEM branded PC died just out of Warranty and I replaced it with an exact model with exact specs specs.. Rather than go through setup I want to simply install my old drive into the new PC. Will Windows 11 activate if I do this....
  4. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...: Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this version inteded to? Or OEM just means that you can only install it on one computer and it will be bind to it...?...
  5. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...: Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this version inteded to? Or OEM just means that you can only install it on one computer and it will be bind to it...?...
  6. Windows 10 activation with old OEM lisence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation with old OEM lisence: Hello.Hope you can help me with this:We bought a laptop more than 6 years ago.It has a OA MEA product key for windows 7 back of it.I installed windows 10 home on my another device with media creation tool and via a bootable flash.When windows installed,I activated it with...
  7. Windows 10 activation with old OEM lisence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 activation with old OEM lisence: Hello.Hope you can help me with this:We bought a laptop more than 6 years ago.It has a OA MEA product key for windows 7 back of it.I installed windows 10 home on my another device with media creation tool and via a bootable flash.When windows installed,I activated it with...
  8. Windows 10 activation with old OEM lisence

9. Activating Win 10 on an old PC with new hardware

Activating Win 10 on an old PC with new hardware: Hi Folks I have updated my 12 yr old PC with a faster processor and an SSD in the hope of being able to get Win 10 to boot in minutes rather than hours. Now the machine is back on my desk I have happily booted it with the old HDD albeit pretty slowly. Win 10 asked for an...
  10. Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification

Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification: I need to understand what restrictions apply to an OEM license on a purchased computer. I can see that it is for one computer only and locked to the motherboard or a computer configuration. What kinds of changes to the system would or would not invalidate the OEM license?...