Windows 10: Need CMD command to trim SSD!

Discus and support Need CMD command to trim SSD! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Can someone give me a command I have to execute in order to trim my SSD? Thank you in advance! 172035 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dedq, Jan 10, 2021.

1. dedq Win User

Need CMD command to trim SSD!

Hello. Can someone give me a command I have to execute in order to trim my SSD?

Thank you in advance!

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

TRIM for SSD drive

Hi Marian

Trim does not run once a week, it runs automatically when required and that will not be reflected in that optimize application, take no notice of the report for your SSD in that application . . .

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd and hit Enter, Command Prompt will open . . .

Paste this into Command Prompt and hit Enter:

fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

If that command returns a 0 then Trim is activated and working correctly . . ..

DaveM121, Jan 10, 2021
  3. TRIM for SSD drive

Thanks so much Dave for your reply. After I used command prompt, it gave me the following:

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

So it returned a 0 indicating that TRIM is activated as you said, but why would it then say "Disabled"?

Thanks again for your expertise.

MarianWalsh, Jan 10, 2021
  4. S_and_S Win User

WIN10 TRIM for SSDs

In Windows 10, the TRIM command is executed whenever Windows 'optimizes' the SSD. No need to do this on your own.

S_and_S, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Need CMD command to trim SSD! - Similar Threads - Need CMD command

2. Need CMD command to trim SSD!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need CMD command to trim SSD!: Hello. Can someone give me a command I have to execute in order to trim my SSD? Thank you in advance! 172035
  3. Need help with SSD and TRIM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with SSD and TRIM: I've read this tutorial here: Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives in Windows 10 | Tutorials. After checking my SSD according to the tutorial, I had this: [img] Yesterday I installed O&O Defrag Professional Edition 23, which I got from a giveaway...
  4. TRIM for SSD drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TRIM for SSD drive: I have a new Dell desktop PC with WIN 10. It has a hard drive (D:) and a SSD (C:). In the past I have always defragged my hard drive but I understand that I should not optimize/defrag the SSD - that WIN 10 by default uses TRIM to optimize the SSD. I read that TRIM is set as a...
  5. ssd trim

ssd trim: NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I have read articles and none show this so does this mean my trim is enabled or disabled? I think the 0 means it is enabled but it says disabled at the end. 134705
  6. Need help with CMD command Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with CMD command Please: Ashampoo(R) Web Upload thank you 115758
  7. Raid SSD and Trim

Raid SSD and Trim: What is everyone doing with SSD's that are set up in a RAID ? Once you switch to a raid setup you loose the trim function. Is the trim function that important with the current releases of SSD drives ? 35196
  8. Trim a New SSD?

Trim a New SSD?: Several months ago I replaced my system disk with an SSD. NowI just installed a Sandisk 240g to replace an old HDD data disk on build 1703. I initialized and formatted it using Minitools Partition Magic as a GPT disk and copied my the data from the HDD to the new SSD. The...
  9. Affinity Command in CMD

Affinity Command in CMD: In past Windows OS's , I was always able to change the CPU affinity with a simple line in a .bat file. Code: start /affinity # program.exe[/quote] # depends on which CPUs you want to run the program with. Now, in Windows 10, this command does not work. I've tried with...
  10. SSD Trim Question

SSD Trim Question: Hi There Wondering if SSD Trim does it autoly with Windows Maintenance task? or if I should run that manually weekly, I set in the SSD dashboard, Enable Trim, Weekly for the schedule, but not sure if it ran, states under it last run none. Very very new to SSD drives, first...