Windows 10: Need CMD command to trim SSD!

Discus and support Need CMD command to trim SSD! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. Can someone give me a command I have to execute in order to trim my SSD? Thank you in advance! 172035 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dedq, Jan 10, 2021.

1. dedq Win User

Need CMD command to trim SSD!

Hello. Can someone give me a command I have to execute in order to trim my SSD?

Thank you in advance!

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

TRIM for SSD drive

Hi Marian

Trim does not run once a week, it runs automatically when required and that will not be reflected in that optimize application, take no notice of the report for your SSD in that application . . .

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd and hit Enter, Command Prompt will open . . .

Paste this into Command Prompt and hit Enter:

fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

If that command returns a 0 then Trim is activated and working correctly . . ..

DaveM121, Jan 10, 2021
  3. TRIM for SSD drive

Thanks so much Dave for your reply. After I used command prompt, it gave me the following:

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

So it returned a 0 indicating that TRIM is activated as you said, but why would it then say "Disabled"?

Thanks again for your expertise.

MarianWalsh, Jan 10, 2021
  4. S_and_S Win User

WIN10 TRIM for SSDs

In Windows 10, the TRIM command is executed whenever Windows 'optimizes' the SSD. No need to do this on your own.

S_and_S, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Need CMD command to trim SSD! - Similar Threads - Need CMD command

2. SSD No trim Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD No trim Supported: In above Image SSD drive Shows Trim Not supported. but my SSD drive supports Trim.can i perceive that My ssd Drive is not trimmed by Operating system or Storage controller....
  3. ssd trim problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd trim problem: Hello I have 2 ssd drives micron and lexar and after windows 10 1709 version to latest version of windows 10 and windows 11 I'm having trim not enabled issue, hdd sentinel software says that trim is supported but disabled and I have tried many ways and software's but I just...
  4. TRIM Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TRIM Command: is it safe to use this command:fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotifyDoes the above command make any such changes that harms the security and privacy of the system? is it safe to execute?...
  5. TRIM Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TRIM Command: is it safe to use this command:fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotifyDoes the above command make any such changes that harms the security and privacy of the system? is it safe to execute?...
  6. TRIM Command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Need CMD command to trim SSD!

in Windows 10 Support
    Need CMD command to trim SSD!: Hello. Can someone give me a command I have to execute in order to trim my SSD? Thank you in advance! 172035
  8. Need help with SSD and TRIM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with SSD and TRIM: I've read this tutorial here: Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives in Windows 10 | Tutorials. After checking my SSD according to the tutorial, I had this: [img] Yesterday I installed O&O Defrag Professional Edition 23, which I got from a giveaway...
  9. ssd trim

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd trim: NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I have read articles and none show this so does this mean my trim is enabled or disabled? I think the 0 means it is enabled but it says disabled at the end. 134705
  10. Need help with CMD command Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with CMD command Please: Ashampoo(R) Web Upload thank you 115758