Windows 10: Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task

Discus and support Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My machine updated to 1903 last month, and while disabling the reboot tasks in \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\, I accidentally disabled and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NJC2, Oct 4, 2019.

1. NJC2 Win User

Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task

My machine updated to 1903 last month, and while disabling the reboot tasks in \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\, I accidentally disabled and deleted the triggers for the Schedule Scan task instead. I re-enabled the task hoping it would Windows Update would fix it on its own like it will for the reboot tasks if you don't make them read only, but it hasn't. Windows is no longer automatically checking for updates now (which can be a good thing if you don't want that). Can someone do me a favor and open Task Scheduler and take screen shots of each tab of the Schedule Scan task located in \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\.

:)

NJC2, Oct 4, 2019
  2. BirdmanC4 Win User

Windows Defender Task Schedule/Triggers

[Moved from Windows 10]

Hi everyone. Im having a problem with windows defender task schedule. I have set triggers for the 4 processes under windows defender in task schedule, and then I deleted the triggers. What I noticed the next day is: windows defender performed a scheduled
    scan twice. The first time at 8:30 AM. When I checked task schedule after the first scan only the scheduled scan was completed. The other 3 processes which includes (windows defender cache maintenance, windows defender cleanup and windows defender verification)
    did not start as yet. Then after about 2 hours I checked windows defender and it says: last scan: Today at 11:30 AM. I was confused because it already performed a scan today. So I went and checked task schedule and saw that all 4 processes were completed at
    11:30 AM. So why did It perform the first scan any way? Do you think the trigger I created and then deleted corrupted some of the files there? Or is this behavior normal? Also before I created the triggers for all 4 processes I saw that there were no authors
    listed for them. Since I created the triggers I noticed my username and CPU name would show up under author for each process. Now that I deleted all 4 triggers I still see my username and CPU name listed for each process. Is this normal?
    Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task 89d71a04-a7dc-4124-b3be-ff4ba3134bf0.png

BirdmanC4, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Task Scheduler: task gets triggered by event but does not start

I know a thing or two about the Task Scheduer but so far I am unable to wrap my mind around your problem. Here is why:

• I do not recognise the screen snapshot your posted. What is it?
    • What event is supposed to trigger the scheduled task?
    • What is the scheduled task supposed to run?
    • You write "there is the initial event 108 showing the event getting triggered". How can an event trigger another event?
    • Do time-triggered tasks work reliably?

Frederik Long, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task

Task Scheduler-Windows Defender Scheduled Scan fails (quick scan)

It looks like you’ve added triggers to all of the Windows Defender scheduled tasks. All of these tasks are actually
    system tasks and they’re all being triggered automatically every day by
    Windows Automatic Maintenance – so it’s pointless to add another trigger to any of them (despite the fact that Microsoft published a bogus method for scheduling a scan by adding
    a trigger to the Windows Defender Scheduled Scan task):

Windows 10, How do I set Windows Defender's scan schedule?

There are multiple issues with scheduling a scan by adding a trigger to the
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan task in the new release of Windows 10 (Version 1607), as I've explained in this thread:

Windows Defender

Additionally, you might have an issue with the file path for the
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan task that needs to be corrected. My recommendation would be to delete all of the triggers that you’ve added to the Windows Defender scheduled tasks, and then set up a daily Quick Scan with
    the proper method for scheduling any task in any version of Windows – the
    Create Basic Task Wizard. In order to avoid the new
    erratic scan issue that cropped up in Version 1607, you’ll also need to be sure that you
    don’t change the user account when you get to step 7 here – just leave the account for your task at the default setting:

How do I set Windows Defender to a custom auto scan

GreginMich, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task

1. Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task - Similar Threads - Need Default Triggers

2. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  3. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  4. Task Scheduler Trigger not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Trigger not working.: I am scheduling some jobs to get the reports from Citrix using PowerShell command. In Task scheduler server we have all required PowerShell Module Task run when I execute manually without any issue. When I set time in trigger it wont execute and not history available for...
  5. Task Scheduler Trigger not working.

Task Scheduler Trigger not working.: I am scheduling some jobs to get the reports from Citrix using PowerShell command. In Task scheduler server we have all required PowerShell Module Task run when I execute manually without any issue. When I set time in trigger it wont execute and not history available for...
  6. task scheduler trigger time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  7. task scheduler trigger time

task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  8. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  9. Task scheduler screenshot trigger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler screenshot trigger?: So what event would you use for windows task scheduler if your trying to make it so everytime I take a rectangle screenshot with the snipping tool it automatically saves it to a folder? submitted by /u/Pacman042 [link] [comments]...
  10. Scheduled task triggered at wrong time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled task triggered at wrong time: I've created a task which should run every 3rd of a month. The trigger is [ATTACH] <Triggers> <CalendarTrigger> <StartBoundary>2016-11-16T02:00:00</StartBoundary> <Enabled>true</Enabled> <ScheduleByMonth> <DaysOfMonth>...