Windows 10: Need Disk Space for Update: delete candycrush and bubblewitch3saga files

Discus and support Need Disk Space for Update: delete candycrush and bubblewitch3saga files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Cloudbook 32 gig C drive and need to get additional space to install the current update. I have deleted all data and apps other than Chrome,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DisplayName2020, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Need Disk Space for Update: delete candycrush and bubblewitch3saga files

I have a Cloudbook 32 gig C drive and need to get additional space to install the current update. I have deleted all data and apps other than Chrome, and have no disk mgmt files left to delete. I do have in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps about 2 gigs of candycrush and bubblewitch files, even though I have deleted these applications, and they do not show in Settings Applictions. Even though I am an administrator, I cannot delete of change the properties of these files.

I still need 2 gigs to install the update. Games/Apps has 6 gigs, but I have access to less than 100 megs of that storage.

:)

DisplayName2020, Jan 18, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 18, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed

1. Did you empty the recycle bin ? If not, empty it.
    2. Delete the contents under: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
      Those are downloaded Windows Updates files and already installed.
    3. Open Admin command, copy and paste the line below then run:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
      This should remove all the no longer used by component store. Will take a while to run.

topgundcp, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Need Disk Space for Update: delete candycrush and bubblewitch3saga files

Windows 10 Updates & Upgrades error: There wasn't enough space on my hard drive

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

Since you have a less amount of space in your hard disk, I suggest you to free up some disk space by running disk cleanup on your system.

Here are the steps:

• To delete temporary files:

• Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.

• Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

• If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.

• Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.
    Once you perform the above steps, install the Windows updates manually and check.

Follow these steps:

1. Hit
    Windows Key and type

2. Type
    Windows Updates

3. Click on
    Windows Updates

4. Click on
    Check for updates and install the latest windows updates.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Need Disk Space for Update: delete candycrush and bubblewitch3saga files

1. Need Disk Space for Update: delete candycrush and bubblewitch3saga files - Similar Threads - Need Disk Space

2. Need to Free Up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to Free Up Disk Space: I am trying to free up disk space. Can I delete a Users folder titled TEMP? ie This PC\Local Disk C \Users\TEMP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-free-up-disk-space/5f142a07-7eab-4562-bfd1-5fa82e4e26e8
  3. Need to Free Up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Free Up Disk Space: I am trying to free up disk space. Can I delete a Users folder titled TEMP? ie This PC\Local Disk C \Users\TEMP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-free-up-disk-space/5f142a07-7eab-4562-bfd1-5fa82e4e26e8
  4. Need to Free Up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting files does not increase disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files does not increase disk space: I wanted to reinstall a game on my laptop and couldn't because I did not have enough free space on the drive.I responded by trying to delete a slew of old saved games, which were backed up to my OneDrive despite my never having set them to be backed up #@$@#$ which resulted...
  6. Available disk space is not increasing even after deleting files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Available disk space is not increasing even after deleting files: I deleted some videos on my c drive downloads folder with size of approximately 3 GB. But even after deleting the files, the available free space on my c drive remains the same as if I had not deleted those files. My recycle bin is empty too. Please help submitted by...
  7. Delete MS Crapware - CandyCrush / BubbleWitch Games.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete MS Crapware - CandyCrush / BubbleWitch Games.: Long ago I nuke MS crapware like the games. Earlier today I found that I have 3 versions each of CandyCrush and BubbleWitch (and who knows what else). Like I said I deleted them long ago. But there are new, recent, versions of the games. I search in start menu, no sign...
  8. need more storage and disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need more storage and disk space: I am having trouble getting windows 10 downloaded becuz of not having enough space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-more-storage-and-disk-space/5eb28f2b-e81a-4093-8a24-2b60aaeac93f
  9. System disk deleted space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System disk deleted space: I HAD a 1TB USB disk, partitioned into 2 x 500Gb - NTFS. Both partitions had data. I created a system restore disk on what I thought was one partition, but the result was that I ended up with one FAT 32 32Gb partition (called Restore), with approx. 27Gb spare capacity. All...
  10. Update needs space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update needs space: Are there any vital apps I must have for function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-needs-space/26d21040-c886-44c1-8997-7438d6355301