Windows 10: Need diskpart commands

Discus and support Need diskpart commands in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am going to reinstall but i forgot the typical diskpart commands that i want to do before hand on my SSD , i know clean is one of them but i forgot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fredc, Aug 25, 2015.

1. fredc Win User

Need diskpart commands

I am going to reinstall but i forgot the typical diskpart commands that i want to do before hand on my SSD , i know clean is one of them but i forgot the others .

I just have one SSD for boot and usage .

Thank you

:)

fredc, Aug 25, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Half Of 4TB External Hard drive Still Unallocated

Is the Drive an MBR Drive?

To be able to see the whole drive it needs to be converted to GPT

Do you have data on that drive that you need to keep?

If not:

Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator)

After typing each these commands, hit Enter:

Type diskpart

At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk

(Make note of the disk number you want to convert)

At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>

At the DISKPART prompt, type clean

At the DISKPART prompt, type convert gpt

DaveM121, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    How can a MRP (Microsoft Reserved Partition) be formatted?

An MSR partition can be seen and removed with Diskpart from a command prompt or during an install. With Diskpart you can remove the one partition or if using boot media, clean the entire drive.

Third party Partition management can also see the partition.

I would not be too concerned with it having a virus but if you clean the drive it will go away also.

Then partition isn't formatted by the user. If you need one you create it with a Diskpart command.

Saltgrass, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Need diskpart commands

Snakeyes, Aug 25, 2015
  5. fredc Win User
    Thank you so much Sir, very helpful. I only have one SSD so not sure i could "secure erase" it .

fredc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Need diskpart commands

1. Need diskpart commands - Similar Threads - Need diskpart commands

2. Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed - Data Loss After DiskPart Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed - Data Loss After DiskPart Commands: Hello Microsoft Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a data loss issue I encountered while performing DiskPart commands on my E: drive. Description of the Issue: Earlier today, I mistakenly executed the following...
  3. Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed - Data Loss After DiskPart Commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed - Data Loss After DiskPart Commands: Hello Microsoft Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a data loss issue I encountered while performing DiskPart commands on my E: drive. Description of the Issue: Earlier today, I mistakenly executed the following...
  4. diskpart command error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    diskpart command error: while cleaning with cmd , got the following errorDiskPart has encountered an error: Access is deniedwhen i check the system log i saw an error code: 5@0101000F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-command-error/78ebf471-dd52-4232-92d7-b8eaa0f14b4d
  5. diskpart command error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    diskpart command error: while cleaning with cmd , got the following errorDiskPart has encountered an error: Access is deniedwhen i check the system log i saw an error code: 5@0101000F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-command-error/78ebf471-dd52-4232-92d7-b8eaa0f14b4d
  6. Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake: I'm in a pickle and need somebody to help me. While removing some unnecessary partitions in HDD, I accidentally ran "clean" command instead of using "delete partition" command in DiskPart. Right after that, I also ran "create partition primary" command. But fortunately, I...
  7. Clean command in DiskPart in cmd by mistake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean command in DiskPart in cmd by mistake: Hey geeks, My PC was having some trouble from last few days, so during the chkdsk, it made one of my partition RAW. So, in order to repair it, I accidently ran clean command in diskpart of Command Prompt Admin on my 1 TB HDD. Then I closed the command prompt immediately...
  8. Clean command diskpart windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean command diskpart windows 10: I accidentally ran this while in a windows 10 boot disk trying to recover my computer after it stopped booting. thankfully I have all the main partition's data on a backup drive, but is there anyway to basically "undo" the command? I guess not because I assume it just wipes...
  9. convert mbr not needed after diskpart clean command?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    convert mbr not needed after diskpart clean command?: @NavyLCDR, you said in another thread: The clean command in diskpart automatically converts the drive to MBR. "Convert MBR" is never necessary after the "clean" command. I tested this and does not appear to be the case. Flash drive is GPT before and after the clean command...
  10. Diskpart command info needed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diskpart command info needed?: Hi, I have a UEFI boot laptop (not Legacy BIOS). If I was to use Diskpart to create a Windows 10 bootable USB flash drive for UEFI only would the following commands be correct? If my understanding is correct there is no need for the "Active" command to be typed in as it isn't...