Windows 10: need driver Standard SATA AHCI Controller

Discus and support need driver Standard SATA AHCI Controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Dell XPS 13 9343 8 GB RAM 512 GB SSD I would get the Blue Screen of Death BSOD, even though Device Manager showed no issues. So I twice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rerebel, Feb 6, 2021.

1. rerebel Win User

need driver Standard SATA AHCI Controller

Hello,

Dell XPS 13 9343

8 GB RAM

512 GB SSD

I would get the Blue Screen of Death BSOD, even though Device Manager showed no issues. So I twice did a clean install of the latest Windows 10 available through the MediaCreationTool20H2, and then did all Windows Updates, including optional and drivers. That fixed Device Manager issues except for 1 of the 2 Standard SATA AHCI Controllers. Then I installed all the available device drivers from Dell for my PC. However, that still did not provide a driver for that Standard SATA AHCI Controller. The other Standard SATA AHCI Controller had a driver.

Standard SATA AHCI Controller

PCI\VEN_88086&DEV_9C83&SUBSYS_06651028&REV_03

PCI\VEN_88086&DEV_9C83&SUBSYS_06651028

PCI\VEN_88086&DEV_9C83&CC_010601

PCI\VEN_88086&DEV_9C83&CC_0106

I have not been able to locate a driver for this device, even after extensive research at Dell and online in general. The continuing BSOD and other issues make my PC non-functional.

Do you know where I can get the driver? Or how else to fix the problem?

Thank you!!

:)

rerebel, Feb 6, 2021

2. There is a problem with the driver for Standard SATA AHCI Controller

I have been having problems with my Dell XPS 13 9343 for a while, with a few reoccurring problems:

1) It regularly crashes,

2) Often when I turn it back on after standby, the screen dimensions will change to random dimensions

3) When I tried to update windows 8 to windows 10 it wouldn't update.

I have run anti-malware software, and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I just ran Troubleshooting on Hardware and Devise, and it came up with the message "There is a problem with the driver for Standard SATA AHCI Controller. The driver needs to be reinstalled."
    But when clicked to apply the fix, it said "Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix the issues found, Stand Standard SATA AHCI Controller has a driver problem".

I don't know if this is the reason I'm having issues with my laptop, but I'd really appreciate some advice on how to fix these problems.

Elliefay22, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Do I need to update my SATA AHCI driver to Intel's version of the driver when I upgrade to a SSD or I will simply use the Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver instead?

I've just recently upgraded my laptop HDD to an SSD and clone the HDD contents to the new SSD. Do you think that I need to update my AHCI driver to Intel's AHCI driver or use the Standard SATA AHCI Controller Driver instead?

Marr Raimund Salcedo, Feb 6, 2021
  4. juligjoka Win User

Exclamation mark at standard ahci sata

Hi

I have a dell laptop.I did a clean install of windows 10 becouse i was getting a lot of errors before.I updated everything from windows update and downloaded nvidia drivers from nvidia website.When i got to device manager i see an exclamation mark at standard
    ahci sata controller.Also the laptop crashes every 1 hours with bsod and the code is whea uncorrectable error.Does the ahci controller cause this error?

Thanks in advance

juligjoka, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

1. need driver Standard SATA AHCI Controller - Similar Threads - need driver Standard

2. Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager: So my computer does run fine MOST of the time but I have Blue Screens of death sometimes. All my drivers are good... but in Device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark on Standard SATA AHCI Controllers and it says "This device cannot start". I actually had it disabled...
  3. Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager: So my computer does run fine MOST of the time but I have Blue Screens of death sometimes. All my drivers are good... but in Device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark on Standard SATA AHCI Controllers and it says "This device cannot start". I actually had it disabled...
  4. Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager: Hello, I really hope someone can help with this.I used Outbyte Driver Updater to scan my PC and perform driver updates won't be doing that ever again.... After the driver updates completed, I noticed that my Sata SSD was no longer being read / showing up in the explorer.I can...
  5. Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager: Hello, I really hope someone can help with this.I used Outbyte Driver Updater to scan my PC and perform driver updates won't be doing that ever again.... After the driver updates completed, I noticed that my Sata SSD was no longer being read / showing up in the explorer.I can...
  6. Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

7. SATA AHCI controller

SATA AHCI controller: Lately I have been using an older hp 15 laptop I have as my newer laptop is having some keyboard issues. My older laptop has plenty of issues on its own, not being able to update and stuff. Working on those issues myself, but opening task manager I notice cpu and disk are...
  8. Exclamation mark at standard ahci sata

Exclamation mark at standard ahci sata: Hi I have a dell laptop.I did a clean install of windows 10 becouse i was getting a lot of errors before.I updated everything from windows update and downloaded nvidia drivers from nvidia website.When i got to device manager i see an exclamation mark at standard ahci sata...
  9. AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers

AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers: Hi, I'm running a AMD FX-6300 system, 8Gb RAM with Nvidia GTX 750 Ti GPU, running Windows 10 and Avast AV. The 'Driver Updater' in Avast keeps telling me these 2 drivers need updating. But if I try to update them in 'Device Manager' I'm told "Windows has determined you...
  10. Driver Update for Standard SATA AHCI controller driver need version 1.2.1.402

Driver Update for Standard SATA AHCI controller driver need version 1.2.1.402: Have version 10.0.18362 693 need version 1.2.1.402 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-update-for-standard-sata-ahci-controller/0f5bad68-e4a5-4a6a-9af7-15da00e73040