Windows 10: Need driver to DOWNGRADE to 1x1 wifi card on Refurb. Windows 10 T430

Discus and support Need driver to DOWNGRADE to 1x1 wifi card on Refurb. Windows 10 T430 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I posted this q. on a ThinkPad forum, but realized it's a Windows 10 issue, not a Lenovo issue. I'm cognitively & physically disabled & trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OrcaLady91, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Need driver to DOWNGRADE to 1x1 wifi card on Refurb. Windows 10 T430

Hello. I posted this q. on a ThinkPad forum, but realized it's a Windows 10 issue, not a Lenovo issue. I'm cognitively & physically disabled & trying as hard as I can to figure a T430 situation out, w/ no help. I get migraines from the dual band wifi cards, even when the 802.11 a/n and A/C protocols are disabled, so I need to actually switch out the card w/ an 11b/g/n, but Windows 10 no longer offers wifi card support. I'm awaiting shipment of a T430 (MT: 2349) and did 4 days of nonstop research. Found out that the single-band-single-stream (1x1) wifi card (FRU: 60Y3249) is compatible w/ T430 2349 HARDWARE, but Windows 10 doesn't have a compatible DRIVER, so Idk how to get the machine to recognize the card, so that I can enable ONLY the 802.11g protocol on the 802.11 b/g/n card. I'm also concerned that, even if I can get W10 to recognize the downgraded card, every time W10 updates, I'll have to re-instruct it on recognizing the older gen., switched-out wifi card. I am totally computer illiterate, & disabled in a way where I can't understand this any farther. Can anyone instruct re. a procedure or approach that maybe I haven't thought of? Thanks very much for any guidance. *Smile -

Link to 1x1 802.11b/g/n card I need to install on my T430:
    https://encompass.com/item/10629470/..._Hmc_Wlan_Card

Link to drivers for WiFi card that T430 MT 2349 comes with:
    https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/p...loads/DS104074

Link to the existing drivers for the card I need to put on the T430 (Drivers seem to be Windows 7-compatible, but not Windows 10 compatible):
    Downloads Detail migr 73701

:)

OrcaLady91, Dec 3, 2017
  2. joshadisa Win User

Need help! Wifi adapter uninstalled and doesn't even show up in Device Manager: Hidden Devices

Please help, I uninstalled my wifi adapter to troubleshoot some wifi problems..

Just to find out that my wifi adapter wasn't automatically detected/reinstalled when I rebooted my PC.

So I went to Hidden devices in device manager, and uninstalled my wifi adapter completely from there.

I don't know why it wasn't detected in the first place,maybe I uninstalled the driver software along with it too.

But now, I'm unsure how to make it work again. it's like my Pc doesn't know that the wifi adapter is there at all.

HELP!! This is urgent in my case as I need this Pc to do many things.. how do I fix it?

My model

Lenovo

Windows 10(originally Windows 8)

Ideacentre K450

I think the wifi adapter was Thinkpad 1x1 bgn half mini card adapter

Ive tried resetting my pc and that didn't help at all.

I tried installing the drivers from lenovos driver disc and that didnt work out either.

Ive tried restoring. Nope. Didn't work

joshadisa, Dec 3, 2017
  3. Connecting Bluetooth wireless headphones to an HP laptop

Specs are below; it's an HP 14t laptop:

802.11b/g/n (1x1)

802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo

Intel® 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo

Intel® 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo

Drivers updated/installed as of today.

It says it has Bluetooth installed but I can't figure this out.

Milicent D.White, Dec 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Need driver to DOWNGRADE to 1x1 wifi card on Refurb. Windows 10 T430

Your chosen card would appear to be the Realtek RTL8188CE. Microsoft has Windows 10 drivers for that in the Update Catalog. That would suggest that windows update will recognise your card and automatically download the correct drivers.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...20Windows%2010

Bree, Dec 4, 2017
  5. Cool. Thank you very much. Assuming the hardware for the T430 MT2349 is compatible, which 3 technicians at Lenovo were 90% sure it is, let's hope those drivers help W-10 recognize the card!. I do plan to upgrade to the latest version of Windows10, so let's hope that doesn't create a driver problem. *Smile -

OrcaLady91, Dec 4, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Do let us know how you get on.

Bree, Dec 4, 2017
  7. Thanks. I will. It may be a while, given my disabilities and the holidays, lol. -E. Drew

OrcaLady91, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Need driver to DOWNGRADE to 1x1 wifi card on Refurb. Windows 10 T430

1. Need driver to DOWNGRADE to 1x1 wifi card on Refurb. Windows 10 T430 - Similar Threads - Need driver DOWNGRADE

2. Windows 11 Wifi card driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Wifi card driver issue: So i'm trying to install windows 11 Pro in my maching : Dell Inspiron 14 5420 with i7 1255U Iris Xe, 16 ram.During the installation process, everything goes well until the first startup setup process, but the system doesn't recognize my Wi-Fi card at all....
  3. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home for refurb pcs: Dear Microsoft, dear Community,I just bought a new laptop and it came with a sticker saying that it runs a Windows 10 Home for Refurb Pcs.Now since this was or should've been a completely new laptop Asus Zenbook 14 OLED I contacted the seller.They said that this is completely...
  4. No wifi and sound drivers after downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi and sound drivers after downgrade: please help, my laptop is a GWTC116-2 and windows 10/11 and linux aren't fitting to me, so i chose 8.1 and its good, though ALL my wifi drivers except for bluetooth are gone. along with sound, there is no wifi and sound drivers, if someone could help me with this, thank you...
  5. No wifi and sound drivers after downgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi and sound drivers after downgrade: please help, my laptop is a GWTC116-2 and windows 10/11 and linux aren't fitting to me, so i chose 8.1 and its good, though ALL my wifi drivers except for bluetooth are gone. along with sound, there is no wifi and sound drivers, if someone could help me with this, thank you...
  6. Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb: It has/had digital license, when I look it up on the pc info, it shows my email address which is also my admin/info for Microsoft account..and that it's digitally and legally licensed to me.I have followed the instruction to ensure the Microsoft account/admin information is...
  7. Windows automatically downgrades my graphics card driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows automatically downgrades my graphics card driver: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/User202000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhtcv0/windows_automatically_downgrades_my_graphics_card/
  8. Need driver for sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need driver for sound card: I have a sound card, Dynex DXSC5.1, that I cannot get to work for Windows 10 and it worked before, just that I had to wipe my hard drive and re-install Windows 10 the other day. Please help me find a driver that works with this card, I know it's outdated but it worked before...
  9. Wifi card needs resetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi card needs resetting: Hi since the last win10 upgrade my Wifi card needs resetting every time it shuts down the card is an : Intel(R) PRO/wireless 3945ABG it used to do it when I first upgraded to Win10 deleting the driver and letting Win10 load one sorted it out! tried the same thing this time...
  10. 1x1 or 1920x1080 background?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1x1 or 1920x1080 background?: Okay, so my background is only one color (that's how I like it), and I wanna know what is faster, if I make a 1x1px image and set it as background or a 1920x1080 image? What uses less CPU power? 34035