Windows 10: Need drivers for Linksys Wmp600n

Discus and support Need drivers for Linksys Wmp600n in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i need help in getting a driver for a Linksys wmp 600n PCI adapter linksys changed their website can't get drivers under the downloads and firmware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NicholasNormand22, May 14, 2022.

1. Need drivers for Linksys Wmp600n

i need help in getting a driver for a Linksys wmp 600n PCI adapter linksys changed their website can't get drivers under the downloads and firmware section cisco website doesn't exist this is for a desktop computer running windows 7 home premium 64bit brand emachines modelET-1331G-05Wif y'all can help me that would be fine my windows 10 laptop works i'm just trying to get the desk top computer described connected to the internet after being in storage for 3 or 4 years before corona virus COVID-19 pandemic happened

:)

NicholasNormand22, May 14, 2022

2. How do I install the LinkSys WMP54GS Network Adapter under Windows 10?

I am posting this question in order to post the solution that worked for me.

Linksys does not have any support for the WMP54GS PCI Network Adapter anymore, so someone may find this useful.

I found that the following worked for me (Microsoft - If you see this, please add compatibility for this device) :

1. To install LinkSys WMP54GS wireless Network Adapter in Windows 10:
    2. Right click on the driver in Device Manager and select update driver.
    3. Select "Brows my computer for driver software"
    4. Select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
    5. Uncheck compatible devices
    6. Select "Linksys, a division of Cisco Systems, Inc."
    7. Select the "Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual Band" device driver, ignore the warning and install anyway. (Please note that this driver will not start the hardware)
    8. After it errors out trying to start the device, right click on the driver in Device Manager and select "Update Driver".
    9. Select "Search automatically for updated driver software" (If you try this first - before following this procedure, the Broadcom driver Windows selects does not work)

Windows will then download a compatible driver. It will install and activate a different "Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter" driver.
    The device should now work.

SAGB - MCET, May 14, 2022
  3. Unable to install Linksys wireless adapter(dual band)

Hi Mona,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Are you trying to install the drivers for Linksys wireless adapter drivers?

2) Are you trying to install the drivers from the disk or website?

3) Have you tried downloading the driver file and then installing it?

4) Have you tried to reset the adapter?

If you are trying to install the driver using set up file, then I suggest you to install it in compatibility mode and check.

Refer the steps to install a driver in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties

• Select Compatibility Tab

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 14, 2022
  4. 珂李2 Win User

Need drivers for Linksys Wmp600n

Linksys WUSB600N V2 wireless adapter: Windows 10 installs wrong driver(follow-up)

ArieHome start a discussion about Linksys WUSB600N on Windows 10.

Linksys WUSB600N
    adapter: Windows 10 installs wrong driver

but, it was locked.

I have the same problem as ArieHome, but more worse. So I can only start a new discussion.

I want to using a Linksys WUSB600N V2 wireless adapter on a clean installation Windows 10 Version 1803 PC. Windows auto installed the driver, and the adapter can not scan ANY SSID at all, as ArieHome mentioned.

I followed ArieHome's step to force Windows using the drivers from linksys support web page

WUSB600N Downloads

This is how to force the driver update by using "Have Disk":

Open Device Manager

Right click on wireless network adapter and choose Properties

Driver TAB and click Update driver

Select Browse my computer for driver software

Choose let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Select the proper wireless adapter

Now CLICK on HAVE DISK...

Browse to your 3.2.1 driver folder, select the inf file and click Next

The driver replaced normally, but dosn't work at all. No matter whether Windows 7 Driver Ver.3.1.12.0 or Windows Vista Driver Ver.3.2.1.0,
    the adapter can not scan ANY SSID as Windows 10 auto install MediaTek 5.1.16.0 Driver.

珂李2, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Need drivers for Linksys Wmp600n

1. Need drivers for Linksys Wmp600n - Similar Threads - Need drivers Linksys

2. Need drivers for Linksys Wmp600n

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need drivers for Linksys Wmp600n: i need help in getting a driver for a Linksys wmp 600n PCI adapter linksys changed their website can't get drivers under the downloads and firmware section cisco website doesn't exist this is for a desktop computer running windows 7 home premium 64bit brand emachines...
  3. need drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need drivers.: Gigabyte GA H55M D2H is my motherboard. But I didn't found the drivers for win 10 for it. Where did I get my drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-drivers/08b180d7-c533-460e-9d13-01f126271605
  4. driver needed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver needed: hi i have an atlas touch screen 2 in 1 notebook that needs a device driver for hardware id ACPI\KIOX000A\1 google tells me its related to the touch screen driver package??Kionix KXCJ9 Accelerometer SPB is what it comes up on google.can someone help me find the driver plss?...
  5. Linksys Extender Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linksys Extender Setup: Linksys extender setup extender.linksys.com increases the signal strength of the network. Nowadays, people use advanced and high-frequency WiFi routers to cover their internet needs. But In some places, the signal is weak, or no internet in this place. These areas are called...
  6. Linksys AE1000 not working in new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Linksys AE1000 not working in new pc: I'm currently using a Linksys AE1000 usb wifi adapter to try and access my internet. I can't find any drivers for it for windows 10. It worked on my previous pc which I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 a year or two ago. Does anyone know where I can find drivers for this?...
  7. Can't write to NAS - Linksys router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't write to NAS - Linksys router: If I plug in my 2 NAS drives via USB to my laptop I have full permissions to read/write. However, if I hook them up via USB to my Linksys router, I can no longer write to the drives. I've beaten my head against the wall for months, just letting it go and not fixing it but...
  8. CISCO Linksys AE1000 drivers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CISCO Linksys AE1000 drivers.: I can't find drivers for my WIFI adapter on the internet nor on my computer. I'm using tethering on my phone but I need help quickly. Where do I download the drivers for my WIFI adapter? (I don't have the CD it came with) submitted by /u/superqwerty11112 [link] [comments]...
  9. Setting up NAS on Linksys router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up NAS on Linksys router: Just recently replaced my old Linksys EA6400 router with a new EA8300 router, and going through the config screens, I saw one where I could set up a NAS using a USB stick. So, I inserted a 64GB USB3 stick into the router, formatted it, and created folders on it. The Linksys...
  10. linksys bluetooth network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    linksys bluetooth network adapter: what does the network adapter actualy do? So what is the Why we have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linksys-bluetooth-network-adapter/51090549-8ef8-45ce-9964-8f0cbce47fa6