Windows 10: Need for Internet

Discus and support Need for Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am planning on getting a new computer for a remote location. There is no cell phone nor internet service there. I can install a program in the city,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OffLine Bob, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Need for Internet

I am planning on getting a new computer for a remote location. There is no cell phone nor internet service there. I can install a program in the city, but then it might be more than a year before the CPU could be able to be connected to the internet for any updates. My question is would Windows 10 work in this situation?

:)

OffLine Bob, Dec 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 10, 2019
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Kem Mon Win User

Need for Internet

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Need for Internet

1. Need for Internet - Similar Threads - Need Internet

2. Random Internet Outage Diagnosis Help Needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Internet Outage Diagnosis Help Needed: Hello All, Here is my problem, and I hope someone can help. I will gladly supply any necessary information needed to help me solve this. Long story short: For about the last 6 weeks I lose internet randomly, for a couple of minutes at a time. It happens several times a day...
  3. I need help fixing my internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help fixing my internet.: Every time after an update it will say no internet connection. It has Ethernet in and it shows I have Ethernet connected just no internet. I have tried pretty much every fix I can think of. It will randomly fix itself anywhere from 1-4 days after the update. I have tried all...
  4. "You'll the need internet for this" error when opening Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "You'll the need internet for this" error when opening Microsoft Store: The error mentioned in the title keeps coming up when I open microsoft store. I cannot install any apps because of this. I get a similar error when using the xbox app, and other apps installed using the store crash upon opening....
  5. I need help with this error. Also, Display settings display this. "Open Network & Internet...

I need help with this error. Also, Display settings display this. "Open Network & Internet...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/robert712002 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dz9g5r/i_need_help_with_this_error_also_display_settings/
  6. Bizzare internet (gigabit Ethernet) Windows 10 1903 issue - need help

Bizzare internet (gigabit Ethernet) Windows 10 1903 issue - need help: So I've been having issues with my gigabit Ethernet speeds which I've narrowed down to an issue with Windows 10 1903. Basically windows is limiting my internet (not Ethernet) speeds to around 180Mb/s. I've tested the actual Ethernet speeds (both inside and outside of windows)...
  7. You will need the Internet for this: error 0x800704cf

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You will need the Internet for this: error 0x800704cf: Every time I try to log in to the Microsoft store in Windows 10, I receive this error message, which says "It doesn't seem like you're connected to the Internet. Try again." Although I am completely 100% connected to the Internet and everything else works fine for me. I have...
  8. Microsoft Apps: "You'll need an Internet connection for this"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Apps: "You'll need an Internet connection for this": Hello. Today I was going to download an app from the Microsoft Store and it wouldn't load. I took a few minutes to open with the following message: [ATTACH](Error code: 0x800704cf) I can click cancel and click on different pages of the Microsfot Store, but it appears...
  9. What is devicecensus.exe on Windows 10 and why does it need Internet connectivity?

in Windows 10 News
    What is devicecensus.exe on Windows 10 and why does it need Internet connectivity?: If you are using a firewall on your Windows 10 PCs and have configured the protective layer to inform you about new processes that try to establish outbound connections, you may have noticed that a program called devicecensus.exe attempting to establish a connection...
  10. 0x800704cf error. You will need the internet for this

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    0x800704cf error. You will need the internet for this: [ATTACH] My system is a HP Pavilion Notebook (Model No. Y4F74PA#ACJ) I am using Microsoft Windows 10 (Version 1903- OS Build 18362.207). This error has been there for a while now, whenever I try to sign in to the store, It throws me this error, even though internet is...