Windows 10: Need for the original cortana

Discus and support Need for the original cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi,my name is Piyush and I am a windows 10 user from years, I noticed an issue regarding cortana. Earlier cortana used to do everything and also is... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PiyushSingh8, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Need for the original cortana

Hi,my name is Piyush and I am a windows 10 user from years, I noticed an issue regarding cortana. Earlier cortana used to do everything and also is very active, but after some updates, I am saw a beta cortana instead of original one. Also the beta cortana sometimes doesn't work sometimes. I request Microsoft to Restore original Cortana in future updates

:)

PiyushSingh8, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Need for the original cortana

windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Need for the original cortana

1. Need for the original cortana - Similar Threads - Need original cortana

2. I need confirmation for original or duplicate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need confirmation for original or duplicate.: Hi,I recently purchased WinPro 10 OEM Pack and I need confirmation is it original or duplicate.How can I get the confirmation from Microsoft's end?Can i have a Microsoft customer service email ID for OEM Pack License?...
  3. need help of origin

in Windows 10 Customization
    need help of origin: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" /> <EventID>410</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  4. Ask Cortana about this picture Original thread Locked

in Cortana
    Ask Cortana about this picture Original thread Locked: Not sure when Edge updated; however, when right clicking on a photo on a webpage, the function "Ask Cortana about this photo" is now gone. Version : Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0...
  5. I need to remove Cortana

in Cortana
    I need to remove Cortana: Please give me an option to remove Cortana. I HATE it. Stop consuming my computing resource without my permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-remove-cortana/45be1a65-0829-4d57-b30c-f90daa71b4fb"
  6. Need help with Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Cortana: It would appear that some time back I deleted Cortana from my Windows 10. I want to reinstate it, can it be reinstalled? 142040
  7. Need help with Cortana Crash

Need help with Cortana Crash: While Cortana seems to work from the taskbar, when I try to open the app to access settings, the app briefly flashes a purple screen but quickly disappears. running Windows 10 build 18985, release 190913-1426, just updated today....
  8. Need Help with Cortana

Need Help with Cortana: Hello, I have a question on how to fix this. I have a Logitech Vx Revolution mouse and whenever I move the mouse, left click, or do any activity with it Cortana pops up. I thought maybe it was just the mouse, so I took it and plugged it into my dad's computer but it doesn't...
  9. Cortana died, needs resurrection

Cortana died, needs resurrection: For some unknown reason Cortana is dead on my computer. Additionally, so is the search box. I'd like to resurrect her, or at least get the search function going. I found this on the internet, but don't know where "notebook" is located: "Enabling Cortana is just as easy as...
  10. Need help to disable Cortana

Need help to disable Cortana: I've disabled Cortana in the Group Policy, and restarted the PC, but still Cortana remains. When I used to have it disabled, a search icon appeared. Everything is disabled in the Cortana settings menu. Are there some other settings I should be aware of? [img] [img]...