Windows 10: Need Free Windows 10 Re-install after a computer crash from Update

Discus and support Need Free Windows 10 Re-install after a computer crash from Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Dell computer that had been less than 1 yr old crashed after a MS update. A friend from IT loaded it manually but it's missing so many things. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DBakker, Apr 2, 2019.

1. DBakker Win User

Need Free Windows 10 Re-install after a computer crash from Update

My Dell computer that had been less than 1 yr old crashed after a MS update. A friend from IT loaded it manually but it's missing so many things. I want a clean re-load so I can play my CD's, etc. I shouldn't have to pay for a new Windows 10. Reinstalls used to come with new computers.

:)

DBakker, Apr 2, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 2, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Need Free Windows 10 Re-install after a computer crash from Update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Need Free Windows 10 Re-install after a computer crash from Update

1. Need Free Windows 10 Re-install after a computer crash from Update - Similar Threads - Need Free install

2. Windows 10 Clean Re-install after Free Upgrade from Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Clean Re-install after Free Upgrade from Windows 8.1: Hello everybodyMy PC was upgraded to Windows 10 for free from Windows 8.1.Now I have too many issues with it. It fails to update error 0x80240034 no matter what I do. It won't let me install any new app, even Google Chrome "It's time to update your device" and then error...
  3. Windows 10 Clean Re-install after Free Upgrade from Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Clean Re-install after Free Upgrade from Windows 8.1: Hello everybodyMy PC was upgraded to Windows 10 for free from Windows 8.1.Now I have too many issues with it. It fails to update error 0x80240034 no matter what I do. It won't let me install any new app, even Google Chrome "It's time to update your device" and then error...
  4. Windows 10 Clean Re-install after Free Upgrade from Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help after re-install?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help after re-install?: I had a bad experience with Macrium Reflect when trying to load a saved image ..... Anyway, I re-installed Windows (fresh install) and all is well, except I failed to backup one desktop photo for my dual display. My problem is that the photo in question is my favourite ....
  6. Windows 10 re-activation from free upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 re-activation from free upgrade: I had an old motherboard that came with Windows 7, and when Windows 10 was offered for existing Windows 7 users I upgraded to that. Now, I bought a new motherboard and am asked to activate windows 10, but when I try to activate it it says its unable to. My question is, will I...
  7. Re-install Win10 on a free upgrade from Win7 computer with crashed Harddrive

Re-install Win10 on a free upgrade from Win7 computer with crashed Harddrive: My hard drive crashed, and I need to reinstall Windows on a new hard drive. I've got a Win7 license and used the free upgrade to Win10. Is it possible to reinstall? I'm uncertain about the process: Should I download Win7 with another computer? if so, where? ..and then put...
  8. Re-installing and reactivating a free upgrade of Windows 10 after hardware change.

Re-installing and reactivating a free upgrade of Windows 10 after hardware change.: Hello all. I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1803 that i upgraded to, for free, from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Now my hardware is a bit long in the tooth, main board approaching ten years old, so i would like to upgrade it along with memory and possibly CPU, and a...
  9. Computer crashed after re-installing Norton

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashed after re-installing Norton: I had to re-install Norton and all of my other programs because I recently did a Clean Install. Below is the crash dump log. Attachment 103703 65384
  10. Fresh RE-install for free upgrade to windows 10?

Fresh RE-install for free upgrade to windows 10?: Several months ago I got the free upgrade from Win 7 to 10. I did fresh install onto a blank HDD using a proper ISO and used the key on the bottom of my Toshiba laptop. Toshiba provided no Win 10 drivers, but I got everything working with 7 and 8 drivers. Now the question...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer crashed/reinstall free windows 10