Windows 10: Need guidance for a specific way to reset.

Discus and support Need guidance for a specific way to reset. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 2 drives installed in my PC the C and the D drives. I want to completely reset my C drive (where windows is installed) and lose all my personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Werner 23, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Werner 23 Win User

Need guidance for a specific way to reset.

I have 2 drives installed in my PC the C and the D drives. I want to completely reset my C drive (where windows is installed) and lose all my personal files and start new but the D drive should remain unaffected.

:)

Werner 23, Dec 11, 2019
  2. Entegy Win User

Voice guidance option missing

After you've got the list of directions, tap a step in the directions list to get the voice guidance. It's not a "real" turn-by-turn where it will automatically tell you when to turn, you have to tap a direction step.

As a fellow Canuck, I recommend you leave all regional options on "English (Canada)" except Browser & search Language. Leave that one on "English (United States)" to get Local Scout.

Entegy, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Need guidance for a specific way to reset. - Similar Threads - Need guidance specific

2. Need guidance on my gaming setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need guidance on my gaming setup: I have a core i5 6th gen processor with 8gb ram in it. I want to turn it into a gaming PC for games like GTA V. What improvements do I need to make in terms of RAM and SSD requirements? And which graphic card should I choose? Kingly guide me. Thank you!!...
  3. Need guidance on my gaming setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need guidance on my gaming setup: I have a core i5 6th gen processor with 8gb ram in it. I want to turn it into a gaming PC for games like GTA V. What improvements do I need to make in terms of RAM and SSD requirements? And which graphic card should I choose? Kingly guide me. Thank you!!...
  4. need some programming guidance

in Windows 10 Support
    need some programming guidance: i have a practice management system in my dental practice, and we would like to be able to create an on-screen "sticky note" when a patient's account is pulled up. The patient account number is part of the title bar text, and my desire would be to have a text note or a...
  5. Need guidance for MS Hello fingerprint scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need guidance for MS Hello fingerprint scanner: I bought my HP Pavilion laptop with Win 10 in December and have kept all the drivers up to date. I've read the support on how to reset my fingerprint. What I'm not understanding is that it seems to work and not work randomly. I did discard and start over once already which...
  6. Guidance regarding resetting BIOS/UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Guidance regarding resetting BIOS/UEFI settings: Supermicro MB (C7Q67), 8GB Ram, I7 2600 CPU, 1 SSD, 2 2TB HDDs, Windows 2004. I'm looking for recommendations on what to do about the BIOS settings regarding the boot option entries listed in my 3 boot options lists under the Boot tab. All three boot options contain a list of...
  7. Need guidance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need guidance: My sister needs a program that will let her make a burnable dvd/cd for a birthday present. I have absolutely NO experience in this field of things so I figured I would ask here. This program should be able to import and string together .jpgs, some video clips, music files...
  8. Graphics Card Guidance Needed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Card Guidance Needed: I'm looking for some guidance on what graphics card or graphics chipset to consider. The computer has a G620 processor at 2.6GHz and runs Windows 10. It has a 380-watt PSU. The computer is used for playing web videos, web browsing, displaying photographs, playing DVD's,...
  9. Windows 10 - Need some guidance on recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Need some guidance on recovery: One of my spare Windows 10 machines is on life support. I must have clobbered it somehow when I was tweaking the multiple display settings ( to incorporate a HDMI projector). It actually worked fine all week, but today, when I tired to set it up for the HDMI monitor only,...
  10. Guidance needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Guidance needed: I have set my desktop as I want it I don'tlike all those panels - some I guess I have to have. Now what I would really like is to click on Start and the on/off option/s to beat the bottom instead of having to click the three small bars at the top left handcorner to bring...