Windows 10: Need Guidance Upgrade to windows 10 from basic Windows??

Discus and support Need Guidance Upgrade to windows 10 from basic Windows?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; good morning. This is for my son's new PC. He built a new PC which currently has a very bare-bones version of Windows as the operating system. He would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by julieJohnson5, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Need Guidance Upgrade to windows 10 from basic Windows??

good morning. This is for my son's new PC. He built a new PC which currently has a very bare-bones version of Windows as the operating system. He would like to get Window's 10. Is there a less expensive upgrade feature since he already has a very basic windows installed or do we need to buy a whole new full Windows 10? He is 15 and spending his own money so we are trying to do this on a budget. I am unfortunately not too helpful as all of my computers are from work and I have not had to deal with this. Thanks!!

JJ

:)

julieJohnson5, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Need Guidance Upgrade to windows 10 from basic Windows??

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Need Guidance Upgrade to windows 10 from basic Windows??

1. Need Guidance Upgrade to windows 10 from basic Windows?? - Similar Threads - Need Guidance Upgrade

2. need some programming guidance

in Windows 10 Support
    need some programming guidance: i have a practice management system in my dental practice, and we would like to be able to create an on-screen "sticky note" when a patient's account is pulled up. The patient account number is part of the title bar text, and my desire would be to have a text note or a...
  3. need to upgrade from window 8.1 to 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to upgrade from window 8.1 to 10.: Dear all,I have purchased my laptop in the US in the year 2015 with inbuilt windows 8.1.That time it was assured to be a free upgrade to Windows 10. now I want to upgrade to window 10 for free.how can I do so?Can "Office 2019 business" be installed on windows 8.1? please...
  4. Need Immediate Guidance. Windows 20H2 activation failed since the upgrade

Need Immediate Guidance. Windows 20H2 activation failed since the upgrade: I have a activated version of windows and is tied to my hardware. I am have an insider version of windows and I recently updated from 1903 to 20H2 and after the update the windows is asking me to activate the version of windows. I then noticed that my product Id changed with...
  5. Need read receipt in basic windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need read receipt in basic windows 10: Hello I use the email app that comes with windows 10. I want to receive read receipts? How hard can it be to add? The only reply on the blog page was 2017? I can't believe I'm the only one requesting this option. I don't want to have to use regular Gmail where I can add a...
  6. Need guidance for buy licenses for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need guidance for buy licenses for Windows 10: Hi There..!! I purchased an old workstation without any hard disk. And, I installed windows 10 in it without buying any license. Now I would like to make my windows genuine with a genuine purchased license. Please guide me what license type I should buy which makes my...
  7. Need guidance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need guidance: My sister needs a program that will let her make a burnable dvd/cd for a birthday present. I have absolutely NO experience in this field of things so I figured I would ask here. This program should be able to import and string together .jpgs, some video clips, music files...
  8. Windows 10 - Need some guidance on recovery

Windows 10 - Need some guidance on recovery: One of my spare Windows 10 machines is on life support. I must have clobbered it somehow when I was tweaking the multiple display settings ( to incorporate a HDMI projector). It actually worked fine all week, but today, when I tired to set it up for the HDMI monitor only,...
  9. Guidance needed

Guidance needed: I have set my desktop as I want it I don'tlike all those panels - some I guess I have to have. Now what I would really like is to click on Start and the on/off option/s to beat the bottom instead of having to click the three small bars at the top left handcorner to bring...
  10. Basic Operating System Use Guidance.

in Windows 10 Support
    Basic Operating System Use Guidance.: I started with Windows 3.2 back in 1984 and have moved through each system up to Windows 7. As I am now retired I stuck with Windows 7 until last month and now have both new kit, Windows 10 and a Outlook 365. The difference is a nightmare and I no longer have easily...