Windows 10: Need HDD tray for dvd bay

Discus and support Need HDD tray for dvd bay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi ttying to ascertain which size dvd bay tray size I need, many sellers specify C50 with some numbers...does that mean I have to look specifically for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Need HDD tray for dvd bay

Hi
    ttying to ascertain which size dvd bay tray size I need, many sellers specify C50 with some numbers...does that mean I have to look specifically for toshiba satellite c50 a 1 DV ? Or can I get any caddy that is specified as C50 ?

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Feb 12, 2019
  2. alphaslow Win User

Optical bay HDD caddy makes my drives behave weirdly

I have a HDD and an SSD, one regular drive bay and one optical drive bay. I bought a caddy from Amazon to be able to use both drives.
    At first, my HDD was in the regular HDD bay and the SSD in the caddy. It was very painful but I managed to install Windows on the SSD, and it booted but the installation was messy, so I tried to switch them.

So now, the SSD is in the regular drive bay and the HDD with the caddy is in the optical drive bay. That's when it gets very weird. I could install Windows on the SSD without any issue, but Windows wouldn't boot if the HDD had any sort of filesystem specified (with Windows installed on the SSD!).
    I deleted the partition table with a Linux live CD, and Windows would boot properly.

The HDD was detected on any Windows utility, but when I tried to assign it a letter or to create a partition table with Diskpart, the utility would just freeze, and then I had to clean the HDD with the live CD to be able to boot on Windows again. I could format the HDD as NTFS without any issue on the live CD, but then Windows wouldn't boot. I then installed Linux Mint on the SSD with a dual boot, and it seems to have the same kind of issue, the partition manager freezes if I try to do anything on the HDD.

I've cleaned the pins and everything. The issue clearly comes from the caddy so the next step in my mind is trying to get another optical bay caddy to check if it does the same thing but I wanted to see if anyone has any other idea that I could check before that?

Thanks.

alphaslow, Feb 12, 2019
  3. I can't figure out how to open the disc tray on my toshiba laptop

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Locate the eject button near the disc tray. This button is usually directly to the left or right of the disc tray.
    • Press the eject button firmly and quickly. The tray should slide open.
    • Press the eject button a second time to close the disc tray.
    If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

• Open This PC.
    • Right click on DVD drive.
    • Click on Eject to open the drive.
    If this doesn't help, I suggest you to contact Toshiba support for further assistance.

Here is the link:
    http://support.toshiba.com/

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Need HDD tray for dvd bay

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Need HDD tray for dvd bay

1. Need HDD tray for dvd bay - Similar Threads - Need HDD tray

2. New Tower with no DVD drive bay

in Windows 10 Support
    New Tower with no DVD drive bay: Hi Guys Just had a new custom tower built and overlooked the fact there was no DVD/Optical drive bay to fit a DVD drive which is not a major factor as it is one of those items that does not get a lot use, BUT if i need to boot from a rescue disk which i prefer, will a...
  3. Fit ssd into laptop dvd drive bay Sata to IDE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fit ssd into laptop dvd drive bay Sata to IDE: Hi i have an old HP pavilion dv6700 laptop, the dvd drive has packed up, thought I would fit an SSD into. A drive bay, but the interface is IDE, but have found. Bay which accepts Sata but outputs IDE . i assume I would lose a lot of the advantage that an SSD gives. would I...
  4. DVD tray

DVD tray: how do I open the tray on my laptop? its a 3 year old Acer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-tray/86bf2c99-4f34-4107-8008-70d45a0fdd98
  5. recommendations for RELIABLE 1 or 2 bay HDD docking station

recommendations for RELIABLE 1 or 2 bay HDD docking station: I have this 2 bay Orico docking station that has not been reliable for a long time. I think they no longer sell this product. So I just tossed this device into the recycle bin. So i'm seeking recommendations for a brand and model of docking station for both 2.5" and 3.5"...
  6. CD/DVD tray will not open

CD/DVD tray will not open: Is it possible that this machines doesn't have a tray? I don't see it. Is there an other way to load software? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Andy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-tray-will-not-open/f66fca3f-9772-4984-ab8b-c5922012b944
  7. how to close dvd drive tray

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to close dvd drive tray: how to close dvd tray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-close-dvd-drive-tray/481d6ff0-6284-4ad0-a606-fc4a99bd047b
  8. USB 3 dual bay HDD storage with built in RAID

USB 3 dual bay HDD storage with built in RAID: Hi there This is a Brilliant device for people who need to add more storage without having to go NAS route etc etc. HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3) - DUAL BAY - JBOD - HDD ENCLOSURES Cost 50 EUR -- small -- just a tiny bit bigger than the actual HDD's...
  9. Looking for a 4-bay USB 3.0 external HDD enclosure

Looking for a 4-bay USB 3.0 external HDD enclosure: I'm having a major issue with my current external hard drive enclosures (standard mechanic drives) that I'm trying to resolve in another thread so I won't go into that here: Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied" Basically on my new PC my current enclosures are...
  10. Windows storage spaces with external 2 bay HDD enclosure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows storage spaces with external 2 bay HDD enclosure: Hi there I can't seem to decide what's the best way option connecting a 2 Bay HDD external enclosure to a laptop for maximum performance. The HDD enclosure can connect via e-sata or a USB 3 connection -- I have to use the USB 3 connection as there's no e-sata external...