Windows 10: Need help about the large file sizes of games on the Microsoft Store.

Discus and support Need help about the large file sizes of games on the Microsoft Store. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Microsoft store version of Fallout: New Vegas is nearly 47 GB big, which I've heard is because the store version installs multiple versions of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by masterofgrapefruit, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Need help about the large file sizes of games on the Microsoft Store.

The Microsoft store version of Fallout: New Vegas is nearly 47 GB big, which I've heard is because the store version installs multiple versions of the same game in different languages. Is it possible to delete the other language versions and keep just the English one? I'd rather not have this much wasted space on my computer.

:)

masterofgrapefruit, Jul 28, 2021

2. Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Scan App - PDF File Sizes Too Large

Hi Teja,

There are several reasons why the scanned file as PDF gets too large. Here are the most common causes:

• Dot Per Inch (DPI) - Most scanners will use 300 DPI for scanning images, which is the minimum DPI for the images that were printed after scanning. However, 72 DPI should be already enough for a PDF that is for screen reading.
    • Saving the document as colored - Use black and white instead of color when scanning images to lessen file size. Make sure that any color settings such as
      Color Depth are also decreased.
    If the suggestions have been tried but the PDF file size is still too large, the next option is to check the PDF software that is performing the conversion itself.

Let us know if you were able to lessen the PDF file sizes using the suggestions above or if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

Need help about the large file sizes of games on the Microsoft Store.

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Need help about the large file sizes of games on the Microsoft Store.

1. Need help about the large file sizes of games on the Microsoft Store. - Similar Threads - Need help large

2. need help with microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with microsoft store: When i press sign in nothing happends so without signing in i cant download apps or appdate apps so can someone please help me with this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-microsoft-store/d5e9c6ad-02a2-41d8-9185-a1f78cb989bc
  3. need help with microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with microsoft store: When i press sign in nothing happends so without signing in i cant download apps or appdate apps so can someone please help me with this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-microsoft-store/d5e9c6ad-02a2-41d8-9185-a1f78cb989bc
  4. Large spoolsv.exe file size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large spoolsv.exe file size: What size should "spoolsv.exe Ver. 10.0.19041.1415" be? At present it is 816kb. This appears to larger than normal. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/large-spoolsvexe-file-size/bf65ac7c-d238-453c-b4d1-393272809d5e
  5. Large spoolsv.exe file size

Large spoolsv.exe file size: What size should "spoolsv.exe Ver. 10.0.19041.1415" be? At present it is 816kb. This appears to larger than normal. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/large-spoolsvexe-file-size/bf65ac7c-d238-453c-b4d1-393272809d5e
  6. Large spoolsv.exe file size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF file size relative large

Microsoft Print to PDF file size relative large: I have a text document that contains 95 pages with black and white text only.If I use Microsoft Print to PDF, the file size is 45033KBIf I use another PDF printer such as PDF Creator, the file size is only 594KBI prefer to use Microsoft Print to PDF if the file size can be...
  8. download problems with a large game on the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download problems with a large game on the microsoft store: i was in the middle of a download for a game from the Microsoft store when I turned off my computer. when I came back on, it was not downloading and it was not in my library. when i search up the game it says i have not downloaded it. when i try to redownload it says that i...
  9. Need help with Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with Microsoft store.: I don't know if it's proper subreddit for it, but windows wont let me change installation folder in Microsoft Store. When i try to do this, i have error code 0x80070005. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Mythic246 [link] [comments]...
  10. Question about buying games in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Question about buying games in Microsoft Store: Dear Microsoft! I never bought any games via Microsoft store before and I have two question. For example I want to buy Forza Horizon 3 for PC; in the store page, there are 3 options: - FH3 Deluxe edition - shown, but not avialable?! - FH3 Standard - FH3 Ultimate edition...