Windows 10: Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd

Discus and support Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a working nvme ssd from a windows 10 laptop I no longer use. It has the Windows 10 OS as well as the user data and files saved on it. I’m trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamFi, Aug 7, 2022.

1. SamFi Win User

Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd

I have a working nvme ssd from a windows 10 laptop I no longer use. It has the Windows 10 OS as well as the user data and files saved on it. I’m trying to access the data on the drive to move it to a new PC. I’ve put the drive in an enclosure nvme-to-usb c and have connected that to my new windows laptop. Device manager detects the adapter but file explorer isn’t detecting the drive. Any ideas on how to access the user data that’s on the drive?

:)

SamFi, Aug 7, 2022
  2. Aezay Win User

SSD-Z: Information tool for Solid State Drives and other disk devices

SSD-Z is a new utility tool, that displays condensed information about your solid state drives and other disk devices.

It's currently in beta, as we're working on gathering more data from different systems, as well as finalizing the features.

Download SSD-Z beta

Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd ssdz_15-02-14b_t1-png.png

Main Features
    • Details of the controller and processing tech of NAND chips (for known devices).
    • Verify that TRIM is enabled for your system and SSDs.
    • S.M.A.R.T. status and full list of all the device's available attributes.
    • List of all partitions. Including hidden, unmapped and boot partitions.
    • Benchmark IOPS, transfer speed and random access time (work in progress)
    • View the raw device identify data words.
    Additional Screenshots

Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd ssdz_15-02-14b_t2-png.png

Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd ssdz_15-02-14b_t3-png.png

Mechanical Harddisk Benchmark (beta)

Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd ssdz_15-02-14b_t4-png.png

Aezay, Aug 7, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 7, 2022
  4. Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd

1. Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd - Similar Threads - Need help accessing

2. Needed help to fix " unallocated external SSD without losing data "

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Needed help to fix " unallocated external SSD without losing data ": Hey I needed some help to to fix my external SSD without losing any data on it .Let me explain how all this started at first I wasn't able to delete any files on my external SSD so I tried every method likes changing its properties: attributes: , ownership.... in the end I...
  3. Needed help to fix " unallocated external SSD without losing data "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Needed help to fix " unallocated external SSD without losing data ": Hey I needed some help to to fix my external SSD without losing any data on it .Let me explain how all this started at first I wasn't able to delete any files on my external SSD so I tried every method likes changing its properties: attributes: , ownership.... in the end I...
  4. Needed help to fix " unallocated external SSD without losing data "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd: I have a working nvme ssd from a windows 10 laptop I no longer use. It has the Windows 10 OS as well as the user data and files saved on it. I’m trying to access the data on the drive to move it to a new PC. I’ve put the drive in an enclosure nvme-to-usb c and have connected...
  6. Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help accessing data on an old device’s ssd: I have a working nvme ssd from a windows 10 laptop I no longer use. It has the Windows 10 OS as well as the user data and files saved on it. I’m trying to access the data on the drive to move it to a new PC. I’ve put the drive in an enclosure nvme-to-usb c and have connected...
  7. Use old data together with a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use old data together with a new SSD?: Hello, which is that I have now reinstalled Windows 10 on a new SSD. The data from the old SSD I still have on the old SSD (who would have thought it) and would like to use it, e.g. games or old memory in games. But there are no icons displayed but only folders....
  8. Need help transferring data from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help transferring data from old laptop to new laptop: got a new laptop and i need some methods to tanager everything over submitted by /u/I-sense-Memes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hufzj0/need_help_transferring_data_from_old_laptop_to/
  9. Need help copying and recovering data from SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need help copying and recovering data from SSD: My computer boots from an SSD. The SSD stopped working. I put it in an enclosure and plugged it into another computer. It does not show up in Disk Management or File Explorer. It does show up in Device Manager, but it has problems. [img] I'd like to copy it / image it,...
  10. Can't access old Hard Drive, need help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't access old Hard Drive, need help!: I'm new to this forum, and here's what happened. My old Windows XP Desktop stopped running 2 weeks ago, with a No OS Found error. Since then I've taken the hard drive out and connected it to my new Windows 10 desktop with a USB 2.0 to SATA Adapter. It does not show up in...